|Leonardo DiCaprio Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 1974|
Leonardo DiCaprio is an American actor, producer, and environmentalist who is known for his critically acclaimed performances in films like The Wolf of Wall Street, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, The Revenant, Blood Diamond, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Titanic, Inception, Catch Me If You Can, J. Edgar, The Departed, and The Great Gatsby. Also, Time magazine named him as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2016.
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio
He was named Leonardo DiCaprio by his mom when his pregnant mother was looking at the painting of Leonardo da Vinci in Italy’s museum.
Lenny D, Leo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Leonardo attended Seeds Elementary School and later studied at Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies for four years. He finally graduated from John Marshall High School in Los Angeles.
Actor, Film Producer, Environmentalist
- Father – George Paul DiCaprio (Underground Comic Artist and producer / distributor of comic books)
- Mother – Irmelin (née Indenbirken) (Former legal secretary)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Helene Indenbirken (Maternal Grandmother) (1915-2008), Adam Farrar (Older Step-Brother) (Actor)
Leonardo DiCaprio is represented by –
- LBI Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Century City, California, United States
- Appian Way Productions, Production Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leonardo DiCaprio has dated –
- Cecilia Garcia (1989)
- Heather Graham (1993)
- Juliette Lewis (1993)
- Kate Moss (1993-1994)
- Bridget Hall (1994)
- Bobbie Brown (1995)
- Shalom Harlow (1995) – RUMOR
- Caitlin Keats (1995) – RUMOR
- Claire Danes (1996) – RUMOR
- Kristen Zang (1996-1997)
- Emma Bunton (1997) – RUMOR
- Natasha Henstridge (1997)
- Demi Moore (1997)
- Alicia Silverstone (1997) – RUMOR
- Linnea Dietrichson (1997)
- Helena Christensen (1997) – RUMOR
- Naomi Campbell (1998)
- Karen Butler (1998)
- Amber Valletta (1998) – RUMOR
- Bijou Phillips (1998) – He dated actress Bijou in 1998.
- Carla Paneka (1998)
- Eva Herzigova (1998)
- Vanessa Trump (1998) – RUMOR
- Alyssa Sourovoya (1998) – RUMOR
- Kidada Jones (1999)
- Virginie Ledoyen (1999) – RUMOR
- Gisele Bündchen (2000-2005) – Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele were in a relationship from 2000 until 2005. This was an ON again-OFF again kind of relationship. Hence in 2005, the relationship ended as Gisele eventually got tired of Leonardo’s party boy habits. In 2004, Bündchen and DiCaprio also made People magazine’s Annual Most Beautiful Couple List.
- Carmen Electra (2000)
- Paris Hilton (2000)
- Kendra Jade (2002)
- Trishelle Cannatella (2002) – RUMOR
- Sara Foster (2002) – Leonardo was dating model and actress Sara Foster for a brief period in 2002 when he was on a 6-month break with then-girlfriend Gisele Bündchen.
- Natalie Denning (2003) – Natalie Denning, the British model once boasted of her encounter with him in Paris in 2003. She described her scene with Leonardo inside the bedroom to the media. Though, her encounter with Leonardo is a RUMOR.
- Sienna Miller (2005) – RUMOR
- Bar Refaeli (2005-2011) – Leonardo and Refaeli first met at a party thrown by Irish Rock Outfit, U2 in Las Vegas in December 2005. They went on dating from that instance and Leonardo also visited the supermodel’s hometown Israel. Though, the three and a half years long relationship came to end in 2009. After a 6 month break, the couple dated again. But, this time they stayed out of the public eye. “I don’t need to strike poses with him in front of the cameras”, said Refaeli.
- Ashley Roberts (2009) – RUMOR
- Anne Vyalitsyna (2009) – RUMOR
- Lindsay Lohan (2011)
- Emma Miller (2011) – RUMOR
- Blake Lively (2011) – Then, came Blake Lively in his life. They spent a good time together for about 5 months in the U.S. and France during summers from May 2011 to October 2011. But, then both went on to their paths as they were not interested in getting serious.
- Madalina Diana Ghenea (2011) – This Romanian model Madalina had a RUMORed fling with Leonardo in October 2011.
- Erin Heatherton (2011-2012) – Victoria’s Secret model Erin Heatherton dated Leonardo DiCaprio from December 2011 to October 2012. The couple was spotted ziplining together in Mexico and Los Angeles. Now, they have called it quits.
- Simone Holtznagel (2012) – It was rumored that he had a fling with reality TV star and model, Simone Holtznagel, in 2012.
- Margarita Gauchet (2012) – French model was RUMORed to have had a fling with Leonardo in December 2012.
- Barbara Palvin (2013) – RUMOR
- Toni Garrn (2013-2014) – German model Toni Garrn started dating Leonardo in May 2013, when they met during the F1 Grand Prix of Monaco 2013. Since that time, they have been spotted having meals together at restaurants in Los Angeles. He also celebrated his birthday inviting celebs such as Kanye West, Orlando Bloom, and Toni was also present in the party and he remained close to her throughout the party. They separated in December 2014.
- Miranda Kerr (2013) – RUMOR
- Kat Torres (2013) – Brazilian model, Kat Torres revealed that she met Leonardo during Cannes 2013 and they stayed in the same house during the festival. She dated him in the past as per FashionModelDirectory.com.
- Alesia Riabenkova (2013)
- Katie Cleary (2014) – In 2014, model Katie Cleary and Leonardo were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other when they met in a Gotha nightclub in Cannes. They looked comfortable with each other and enjoyed their time on the dance floor together.
- Bryana Holly (2014)
- Rihanna (2015) – In 2015, he was seen partying with Barbadian singer Rihanna. They spent Valentine’s Day of 2015 together and he helped her in her birthday party, just a week later.
- Kelly Rohrbach (2015-2016) – From May 2015 to January 2016, Leonardo was dating this American model, Kelly Rohrbach. It was reported by Us Magazine.
- Cassie Amato (2015-2016)
- Chelsey Weimar (2016) – In 2016, he was RUMORed to have had a fling with a girl named, Chelsey Weimar.
- Georgia Fowler (2016)
- Roxy Horner (2016) – Later in the year 2016, Leonardo was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Roxy Horner.
- Ela Kawalec (2016) – In May 2016, the Polish model Ela Kawalec and Leonardo dated each other. It was confirmed by Daily Mail.
- Laura Whitmore (2016) – RUMOR
- Nina Agdal (2016-2017) – In July 2016, the Danish model, Nina Agdal, and Leo started dating each other. It was revealed by Daily Mail. they called it quits in May 2017.
- Paige Watkins (2016) – RUMOR
- Lorena Rae (2017) – In 2017, the German model, Lorena Rae was seen multiple times with Leonardo which sparked dating rumors. But, Leonardo’s representative cleared the air that the two were not dating.
- Alina Baikova (2017) – Rumor
- Camila Morrone (2018-Present) – In 2018, Leonardo started dating Argentinian model Camila Morrone. In November 2018, they were seen watching a football match in Paris. In December 2020, they were seen spending their time at a dog part with their dogs.
Race / Ethnicity
DiCaprio’s mother is German while his father is American.
He actually has Italian and German ancestry on his father’s side and Russian and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
- The intense emotional acting style
- Often plays the roles who have suffered from trauma or any loss
Giorgio Armani, Rolex, Tag Heuer
Leonardo appeared in a Japanese television commercial of Suzuki Wagon R in 1998. Subsequently, he appeared in a VISA commercial in the same year.
The other commercials include –
- Bubble Yum-Bubble Gum
- Fred Meyer Clothing
- Matchbox Cars (1988)
- Toyota Estima Hybrid (2006) (Japan)
- ORIX Real Estate “Re Tokyo” (2007) (Japan)
- Bridgestone Ecopia Tires (2010) (Japan)
- Toyota Prius (2005) (Japan)
- Orient Corporation Orico Card (2001) (Japan)
- Jim Beam (2013) (Japan)
DiCaprio appeared in print ads for Tag Heuer watches and their Natural Resources Defense Council promotional campaign from 2009 to 2012.
DiCaprio was raised as Catholic.
But, he follows Judaism and Buddhism partially.
Best Known For
Playing Jack Dawson in the 1997 film Titanic, Frank Abagnale Jr. in the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can, Howard Hughes in the 2004 film The Aviator, J. Edgar Hoover in the 2011 film J. Edgar.
As an Actor
DiCaprio appeared in a 1991 sci-fi comedy horror film Critters 3 for his role as Josh.
As a Producer
He is the executive producer of the 2004 American film The Assassination of Richard Nixon, which was DiCaprio’s first film as a producer.
First TV Show
In 1990, Leonardo guest appeared in an American drama series The Outsiders for his role as Kid Fighting Scout in an episode titled “Pilot”.
DiCaprio has worked with many trainers. For different roles in the movies, his workout is different.
Leonardo DiCaprio Favorite Things
- Actors – Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson
- Movies – Bicycle Thieves (1948), The Third Man (1949), Sunset Blvd. (1950), East of Eden (1955), Yojimbo (1961), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), 8½ (1963), Taxi Driver (1976), The Shining (1980)
- Director – Martin Scorsese
- Actress – Meryl Streep
- Color – Dark Green
Source – IMDb
Leonardo DiCaprio Facts
- He has invested in Fisker Automotive and is also their brand ambassador.
- His parents first met in the college in Germany and later, they moved to Los Angeles, USA. His parents divorced when he was a year old. So, Leonardo spent most of his time with his mom, while growing up.
- Tobey Maguire (former Spider-Man) is his good friend.
- He earned $59 million for his role as Dominick Cobb in the 2010 film Inception. This includes his basic salary coupled with backend points, share in the worldwide gross collection, and DVD and TV rights total collection.
- Leonardo, in 1995, also auditioned for the movie Batman Forever. Needless to say, he didn’t get the role.
- At 10, he received advice from his agent to change his name from Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio to more American friendly Lenny Williams. But, Leonardo was not interested in that.
- He is an environmentalist and often supports natural causes. As of December 2013, he is urging people to donate, support, and save Tigers in Nepal.
- Leonardo has been good friends with Emile Hirsch for a long time.
- He was ranked at #36 in the “Empire Magazine’s 100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list in 2007.
- He celebrated his New Year Eve 2021 (December 31, 2020) with his then-girlfriend Camila Morrone in Boston, Massachusetts.