|Neelam Gill Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Neelam Gill is a British fashion model, social media star, and TV personality. She is best known for her work with fashion houses and retailers such as Marie Clare, Abercrombie & Fitch, Christian Dior, L’Oreal, H&M, and Ralph & Russo. Neelam was also the 1st model of Indian descent to be featured in a major Burberry campaign in 2014.
Neelam Kaur Johal
Coventry, Warwickshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Fashion Model, TV Personality, Social Media Star
- Mother – Rajan Gill (Hair and Makeup Artist)
- Siblings – Jasmine Gill (Younger Sister), Millan Gill (Younger Sister)
- Others – Huppy Gill (Stepfather)
Neelam Gill is represented by –
- First Access Entertainment (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom, New York City, New York, United States, and Los Angeles, California, United States
- NEXT Model Management (Manager) in New York City, New York, United States, and London, England, United Kingdom
- IMM Bruxelles (Manager) in Brussels, Belgium
- Le Management (Manager) in Copenhagen, Denmark
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Neelam Gill has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi descent.
- Tall height
- Dimpled chin
- Strong cheekbones
Neelam Gill has endorsed brands such as –
- British Airways (2015) with Suki Waterhouse
- The K Label
Neelam Gill Favorite Things
- Music Genre – EDM
- Rapper – Tupac Shakur
- Hobbies – Amateur Photography, Watching Soccer
Neelam Gill Facts
- Her name means “blue sapphire” in Sanskrit.
- Her parents divorced when she was very young and she lost contact with her biological father, with whom she last spoke at the age of 11.
- Since her stepfather raised her and she considered him her true father, Neelam gladly changed her born last name, Johal, to his, Gill.
- Neelam never dreamed of becoming a model, wore braces and glasses, and claimed she was “not cute” when she was younger.
- Her mom has a history of clinical depression and was bedridden for about 3 years at one point.
- Neelam has openly spoken about her struggles with anxiety, depression, and bullying. Seeing a therapist only made things worse so she sought a celebrity life coach, Psychic Kesa, whom she soon befriended.
- She was signed by NEXT Model Management at the age of 14 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England.
- She was the polar opposite of Indian people she knew and grew up around. Instead of having the desire for her skin to be lighter, she wanted it more tan and darker.
- She made her modeling debut in September 2013, on the catwalk for Burberry at the London Fashion Week. Her parents were on a family holiday in Turkey and watched it through a live stream.
- In 2015, she walked for Kanye West‘s Fashion Week Show.
- Neelam never had bad skin but got an outbreak of acne at the age of 24. To help her body clear them up faster, she gave up on drinking alcohol, which she rarely did anyway, and also cut out all dairy.
- She was credited alongside Cara Delevingne for inspiring women to grow out their eyebrows instead of plucking them.
- Neelam suffered a beauty disaster in the past. While she was undergoing a laser hair removal procedure, she flinched due to the pain, and the laser moved to a small section of her eyebrow which never grew back.
- She is not a morning person.
- Neelam has to have a big meal for breakfast.
- She wears baggy clothes, tracksuits, and no makeup on her days off.
- She always dreamed of going to the Maldives for her honeymoon.
- Neelam looks up to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, a well-known businesswoman.
- She is a feminist and believes men and women should be equal.
Featured Image by Neelam Gill / Instagram