|Omar Apollo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1997|
Omar Apolonio Velasco aka Omar Apollo is an American singer-songwriter and entrepreneur who burst into the limelight in 2017 after releasing his song Ugotme that was playlisted on Spotify and blew up overnight, racking up more than 15 million streams a year later. Omar went on to drop his debut EP Stereo in 2018, that was equally well-received. He has released several other EPs such as Friends (2019), many singles like Imagine U (2020), and a number of albums including Apolonio (2020).
Omar James Velasco
Hobart, Indiana, United States
- Siblings – He has 3 older siblings.
R&B, Funk, Blue-Eyed Soul
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Large and dreamy eyes
- Sharp nose
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Calvin Klein.
Omar Apollo Favorite Things
- Place – London
- Hobby – Hiking that he has admitted to have been obsessed with, having loved wearing tactical things and dreamed of making trail shoes and hiking merchandise
Source – Office Magazine
Omar Apollo Facts
- He used to dance the ballet Folklorico when he was a kid.
- While growing up, he was a part of the choir in his Catholic church.
- Omar has disclosed that at his request, his parents had gifted him a guitar when he was 12 years old. However, it turned out to be an electric guitar without an amplifier and so Apollo traded the instrument at a pawn shop for an acoustic guitar following which he began learning how to play by watching and copying cover videos on YouTube. He also took lessons from his uncle and he practiced playing at church as well. He even formed a temporary band with a friend at church.
- Omar has recounted that as a kid, he used to love Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel.
- Omar has recalled that after Ugotme and his clear potential for international fame, as his viral beats on SoundCloud were not fetching him money, he still had to face doubts from his friends and family and never had their support. Barring a handful of his friends who encouraged him, he had to fight and go against his pals and family when they tried to dissuade him in his pursuit of a musical career.
- He has thoroughly enjoyed making the beat that has represented the feeling of the piece of music. He has likened setting the tone to be like creating a sonic blanket for people to lay on. When he has relished music, he has loved being in a blanket that has wrapped him.
- Omar has revealed that he has constantly worked on music, naturally, even when he has been on the bus and outside.
- He has felt like a born performer, having been the most comfortable and confident when he has been in front of an audience.
- Omar has sung in both English and Spanish, having performed in the latter as a nod to his Mexican roots. He has stated that the Mexican culture is ingrained in his lifestyle, which he has been determined to always represent.
Featured Image by Omar Apollo / Instagram