|Michael Douglas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1944|
Michael Douglas is an American actor, producer, director, and voiceover artist who has worked in a number of award-winning films.
Michael Kirk Douglas
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael Douglas studied in The Allen-Stevenson School, Eaglebrook School, and The Choate Preparatory School. Later, he graduated with a B.A. in Drama from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1968.
Also, Michael Douglas took acting lessons with Wynn Handman at The American Place Theatre in New York City.
Actor, Producer, Director, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Kirk Douglas (Actor, Producer, Director, Author) (Died in 2020)
- Mother – Diana Dill (Actress)
- Siblings – Joel Douglas (Younger Brother) (Film Producer)
- Others – Anne Douglas (Step-Mother) (Died in 2021), Peter Douglas (Younger Paternal Half-Brother) (Producer), Eric Douglas (Late Younger Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor, Standup Comedian), Herschel “Harry” Danielovitch (aka) Demsky (Paternal Grandfather), Bryna Sanglel (Paternal Grandmother), Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Melville Dill (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Rapalje Neilson (Maternal Grandmother)
Michael Douglas is represented by –
- Furthur Films, Inc., Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Douglas has dated –
- Brenda Vaccaro (1971-1976) – He dated actress Brenda Vaccaro for around 6 years and the duo also worked together in the film, Summertree (1971).
- Diandra Douglas (1977-1995) – He married Diandra Luker, the daughter of an Austrian diplomat, in March 1977 and they had an age gap of more than 10 years. The couple was blessed with a son named Cameron Douglas on December 13, 1978. However, Diandra and Michael Douglas separated in 1995 and she received $45 million as part of the divorce settlement.
- Nancy Pfister (1976)
- Jenny Strachan (1982)
- Kathleen Turner (1983)
- Loredana Romito (1988)
- Sabrina Guinness (1990)
- Sharon Stone (1992)
- Elizabeth Vargas (1997-1998)
- Maureen Dowd (1998)
- Martine McCutcheon (1998)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones (1999-Present) – He married Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones on November 18, 2000, and they share an age difference of 25 years. The first time Michael met Catherine, he told her that he was going to be the father of her children. They parent 2 children – a son named Dylan Michael (born August 8, 2000) and a daughter named Carys Zeta (born April 20, 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
Michael Douglas is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side and has English, Irish, Welsh, Dutch, Scottish, Belgian, and French roots on his mother’s side.
Michael Douglas has done endorsement work for AIDS Fund, Microsoft software, The Nature Conservancy, American Cancer Society, Comdirect, etc.
He identifies himself as a Reform Jew.
Michael Douglas’s Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Karl Malden
- All-Time Favorite Movie – Lili (1953) starring Leslie Caron
Source – IMDb
Michael Douglas’s Facts
- He was ranked at number #74 in Empire (UK) magazine’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list in October 1997.
- In 2013, he won a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie” for his role in Behind the Candelabra.
- If a movie is ever made on Michael’s life, he would want John Krasinski to play him in that movie.
- In July 2021, Michael and Catherine Zeta-Jones listed their 5,000 square feet New York City-based apartment for $21.5 million. In January 2022, it was revealed that the couple had lowered the price to $19.5 million.
- In November 2022, Michael changed his hair color to “red” from “gray”.
- He is a huge fan of Formula One and he supports the team McLaren.
- Michael also has a pilot’s license.
- He used to have stage fright at the start of his career. So, he had to keep a bucket nearby the stage.
- Michael has a hot rod which is a 33 Ford with a 327 Chevy engine.
- He used to play football in high school.
- He did a movie called Napoleon and Samantha (1972) with Jodie Foster when she was 9 years old.
- He loves having coleslaw.
- Michael went to the same acting school as Blythe Danner.
- Michael had also started a production company with Blythe’s late husband Bruce.
- He also appeared and starred in a film with their daughter Gwyneth Paltrow.
- He likes watching news and sports on TV.
- At the age of 20, he worked in a gas station. He was also made Mobil Man of the Month.
- In 2015, he revealed that he was building a family hotel called Ariel Sands in Bermuda.
- The first special effects movie he made in his career was Ant-Man.
- His roommate was Danny DeVito when he was in the New York City acting school.
- He goes to bed early and also rises early in the morning.
- He is a golf addict.
- Michael makes his own wine in Majorca, Spain.
- At 14, he had gone to a boarding school.
- Michael is great at making pancakes.
- He has made it a habit to read 2 newspaper daily.
- He is a big fan of jazz.
- He was asked 2 times to become the head of 2 major Hollywood Studios.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0