|Michael Douglas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1944|
Michael Douglas is an American actor, producer, director, and voiceover artist who has worked in a number of award-winning films.
Michael Kirk Douglas
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael Douglas studied in The Allen-Stevenson School, Eaglebrook School, and The Choate Preparatory School. Later, he graduated with a B.A. in Drama from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1968.
Also, Michael Douglas took acting lessons with Wynn Handman at The American Place Theatre in New York City.
Actor, Producer, Director, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Kirk Douglas (Actor, Producer, Director, Author)
- Mother – Diana Dill (Actress)
- Siblings – Joel Douglas (Younger Brother) (Film Producer)
- Others – Peter Douglas (Younger Paternal Half-Brother) (Producer), Eric Douglas (Late Younger Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor, Standup Comedian), Herschel “Harry” Danielovitch (aka) Demsky (Paternal Grandfather), Bryna Sanglel (Paternal Grandmother), Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Melville Dill (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Rapalje Neilson (Maternal Grandmother)
Michael Douglas is represented by –
- Furthur Films, Inc., Production Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Douglas has dated –
- Brenda Vaccaro (1971-1976) – He dated actress Brenda Vaccaro for around 6 years and the duo also worked together in the film, Summertree (1971).
- Diandra Douglas (1977-1995) – He married Diandra Luker, the daughter of an Austrian diplomat, in March 1977 and they had an age gap of more than 10 years. The couple was blessed with a son named Cameron Douglas on December 13, 1978. However, Diandra and Michael Douglas separated in 1995 and she received $45 million as part of the divorce settlement.
- Nancy Pfister (1976)
- Jenny Strachan (1982)
- Kathleen Turner (1983)
- Loredana Romito (1988)
- Sabrina Guinness (1990)
- Sharon Stone (1992)
- Elizabeth Vargas (1997-1998)
- Maureen Dowd (1998)
- Martine McCutcheon (1998)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones (1999-Present) – He married Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones on November 18, 2000, and they share an age difference of 25 years. They parent 2 children – a son named Dylan Michael (born August 8, 2000) and a daughter named Carys Zeta (born April 20, 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
Michael Douglas is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side and has English, Irish, Welsh, Dutch, Scottish, Belgian, and French roots on his mother’s side.
Michael Douglas has done endorsement work for AIDS Fund, Microsoft software, The Nature Conservancy, American Cancer Society, Comdirect, etc.
He identifies himself as a Reform Jew.
Michael Douglas Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Karl Malden
Source – IMDb
Michael Douglas Facts
- He was ranked at number #74 in Empire (UK) magazine’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list in October 1997.
- In 2013, he won a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie” for his role in Behind the Candelabra.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0