|Martine McCutcheon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1976|
|Spouse||Jack McManus |
Martine McCutcheon is an English actress and singer who began her career in commercials at an early age. She rose to fame with her portrayal of Tiffany Mitchell in EastEnders (1995-1998). On the other hand, Martine is also recognized for the release of her debut studio album You Me & Us (1999).
Martine Kimberley Sherrie Ponting
Hackney, London, England, United Kingdom
Martine completed her nursery schooling from a place in Colchester, Essex, before going on to attend Shacklewell Infants’ School in Hackney. After that, she progressed to Shacklewell Juniors’ School.
She enrolled in dance school at the age of 5 in Stoke Newington. Martine also attended Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts‘ Saturday lessons.
Martine completed school with a grade 9 General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE).
- Father – Thomas “Keith” Hemmings
- Mother – Jenny Ponting
- Others – John McCutcheon (Ex Step-Father), Laurence “LJ” (Half-Brother), Alan Tomlin (Step-Father), Ronald S. Ponting (Maternal Grandfather), Lilian B. Collins (Maternal Grandmother)
Martine is represented by Encanta Talent Management.
Martine has released her music with Innocent Records, Virgin Records, Liberty Records, BMG
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Martinez has dated –
- Jay Kay
- Chris Bisson
- Frank Lampard
- Mark Furze
- Sean Brosnan
- DJ Gareth Cooke (1995-1996)
- Mick Hucknall (1996)
- Paul Nicholls (1996-1997)
- Michael Douglas (1998)
- Matt Goss (1998)
- Jonathan Barnham (1999-2000) – Martine was pregnant with the child of Jonathan in 1999 but suffered a miscarriage in the second month.
- Steve John Shepherd (2001)
- Duncan James (2002)
- James Gooding (2002)
- Hugh Grant (2003) – RUMOR
- James Tanner (2003-2004)
- Boy George (2006-2007) – RUMOR
- Marco Pierre White (2006)
- Calum Best (2008)
- Jack McManus (2008-Present) – Martine and fellow singer Jack McManus started dating one another in 2008. The couple married at Lake Como in September 2012. Then, she gave birth to their first child, a boy named Rafferty Jack McManus on February 4, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Martine is of English descent.
- Snub nose
- Thick eyebrows
She has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Marks & Spencer
- Danone Bio Activia
Martine McCutcheon Facts
- She was born at the Salvation Army Mothers’ Hospital in the London Borough of Hackney.
- Martine’s very first acting experience was in a play called Away in a Manger even before she was 6 years old.
- Her mother experienced domestic violence while married to her biological father Keith. He at one point even attempted to murder both Martine and Jenny for which he was charged and remanded in custody for six months.
- Martine released her debut studio album titled You Me & Us on September 6, 1999.
- She made her first public appearance in a commercial for Kool-Aid for which Martine was paid £350.
- Martine’s mother tied the knot once again with a man named John McCutcheon with whom she has a child named Laurence “LJ”. However, they later legally parted ways, after which, her mother went on to marry for a third time with Alan Tomlin in 2000.
- Martine made her debut TV show appearance as Mandy in Bluebirds in 1989. Later, in 2001, Martine was cast in her first theatrical film Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang) as Mia alongside the likes of actors Stellan Skarsgård, Chris Penn, and Paul Bettany.
- She released her first book titled Who Does She Think She Is? in 2000 and then in 2003 Martine McCutcheon: Behind the Scenes – A Personal Diary.
- McCutcheon was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and six years later also with Lyme disease.
- The Kingston upon Thames County Court declared her as bankrupt with creditors including HM Revenue and Customs in 2013.
- Martine received an honorary degree from the University of Bolton for her services to entertainment in July 2014.
Featured Image By Martine McCutcheon / Instagram