|Stellan Skarsgård Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1951|
Stellan Skarsgård is a Swedish Actor known for roles in movies such as Good Will Hunting, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Mamma Mia!, Thor: The Dark World, Cinderella, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, among others.
He started acting at the age of 21 mostly in Swedish television. The 1985 film American Playhouse: Noon Wine was his 1st American film. The Hunt for Red October was his 2nd American Film. He has done a number of films with director Lars von Trier in movies such as Nymphomaniac: Vol. I, Melancholia, The Kingdom, Dancer in the Dark and Nymphomaniac: Vol. II.
Stellan John Skarsgård
Stellan Skarsg¿rd, Skarzie
He attended a state school in Sweden. Not much information exists on the particulars.
Actor, Producer, Writer, Singer
- Father – Jan Skarsgård (Deceased)
- Mother – Gudrun Larsson
- Siblings – He has 4 younger siblings.
Stellan Skarsgård is managed by –
- Agentfirman Planthaber/Kildén (Talent Agency) Stockholm, Sweden
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent), Los Angeles, California, USA
- Curtis Brown Group (Talent Agent), London, UK
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stellan Skarsgård has dated –
- My Skarsgård (1975-2007) – Stellan and My, a Physician were together for 32 years. They have 6 children together Alexander (b. 1976), Gustaf (b. 1980), Sam (b. 1982), Bill (b. 1990), Eija (b. 1992), and Valter (b. 1995). Gustaf, Alexander, Valter, and Bill are also actors, while Eija is a former model.
- Megan Everett-Skarsgard (2009-Present) – Stellan and Megan got married in January 2009. They have 2 children together, 9-year old Ossian and 6-year old Kolbjörn.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swedish descent.
Stellan Skarsgård has endorsed Ramlösa bottled water.
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Good Will Hunting, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Mamma Mia!, Thor: The Dark World, Cinderella, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Nymphomaniac: Vol. I, Melancholia, The Kingdom, Dancer in the Dark and Nymphomaniac: Vol. II. among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as Bombi Bitt och jag, Olsson per sekundeller Det finnsingen anledning till oro, Den tragiska historien om Hamlet – Prins av Danmark, Farmor och vår herre, August Strindberg: Ett liv, among others
As a Singer
Stellan Skarsgård has performed in the songs like Our Last Summer in the film Mamma Mia!, Dancing Queen in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, and Our Last Summer in Everything Wrong with… TV series.
Stellan Skarsgård made his theatrical film debut as Erik in the 1972 film Strandhugg i somras.
First TV Role
Stellan Skarsgård made his TV show debut as Bombi Bitt on the 1968 TV series Bombi Bitt och jag.
He does not go to the gym or engages in sports, but he is constantly moving.
Stellan Skarsgård Favorite Things
- Vacation Spot – City of Kalmar
Source – IMDb
Stellan Skarsgård Facts
- He grew up in an atheist home.
- His upbringing taught him to be good to people and to try not to hurt them. God does not have to tell you that.
- Their home was loving and always had visitors.
- He is the oldest of 5 children.
- He dropped out of school at the age of 17.
- Stellan has won a number of industry awards like the 1982 “Best Actor” at Berlin International Film Festival, “European Film Award for Achievement in World Cinema” at the 1998 European Film Academy, 1981/82, 1989, 2017 Guldbagge Awards for “Best Actor” and “Best Supporting Actor”. Other awards include 2012 “Career Achievement Award” at Jameson Dublin International Film Festival, “Best Actor” at 2002 Mar del Plata Film Festival, “Best Actor” at 2010 Norwegian International Film Festival.
- His list of nominations includes industry awards like Screen Actors Guild, Robert Award, People’s Choice Awards, International Press Academy, Fangoria Chainsaw Awards, Denmark’s National Association of Film Critics and Bodil Awards.
- Peter Stormare has been his friend since 1976.
- He has often been confused with Liam Neeson.
- He almost got the part of Oskar Schindler in Schindler’s List (1993).
- Stellan received an invitation in 2005 to join AMPAS (Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences).
- He has a family summer house in Öland.
- He likes to spend his summer vacation in the City of Kalmar.
- Stellan became a father at the age of 25 for the 1st time, the 2nd time at 29 years, and 31 years for the 3rd time. His 4th, 5th, and 6th children were born when he was 39, 41 and 44 years old respectively. The 7th and 8th children were born when he was 57 and 61 years old.
- All of his sons are over 6ft fall.
- Growing up, he was a fan of Tarzan.
- Director Lars Von Trier makes him feel relaxed and free on the set while working and if Stellan makes a mistake or anything goes wrong, it is not considered a sin at all.
- Like his parents, he likes to walk around the house naked.
- Stellan, son of actors Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany is named after him.
- His grandfather, mother, and father were atheists. His grandmother was deeply religious.
- He started reading the bible and the Quran after the September 11 attacks. He considers both as violent.
- Stellan does not support religious independent schools in Sweden.
- To him, the notion of a God who wants to be constantly worshiped is absurd.
- He has co-authored an article on ‘importance of secularity.’
- Growing up, he moved a lot. He has lived in Totebo, Kalmar, Uppsala, Helsingborg, and Marielund.
- Stellan was a guest star on the series Entourage in 2008.
- He has been in music videos like Vem Tänder stjärnorna by Eva Dahlgren and Lykke Li’s Sadness Is a Blessing.
- Stellan had a vasectomy because he felt 8 children were enough.
- He worked at The Royal Dramatic Theatre in Stockholm between 1972 and 1988.
- His breakthrough came through in the 1996 movie Breaking the Waves directed by Lars.
- He lived on beer and Pizza as his diet for the movie Borg vs. McEnroe.
- He has a unique parenting style, “From the age of 16, it’s not your business what they decide to do in life, you have to let them make those decisions themselves.”
- His children are taught to question everything.
- He always wanted to be a diplomat.
- His biggest extravagance is food.
- According to Stellan, his greatest achievements are his kids.
- He believes in assisted suicide but not the afterlife.
- He does not seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image by Elena Ringo / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0