William John Neeson
Liam, Neeson, Will
Ballymena, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK
Liam attended All Saints Primary School in Ballymena, Northern Ireland.
In 1971, Liam went to Queen’s University Belfast in Belfast, Northern Ireland and studied physics and computer science, but he dropped out because he had to work for Guinness Brewery.
He, then attended St. Mary’s Teaching college, Belfast, Northern Ireland for two years.
Liam graduated from the Gaiety School of Drama in Dublin, Ireland.
Actor, soundtrack producer
- Father – Bernard Neeson (School caretaker)
- Mother – Katherine Brown Neeson (Cook)
- Siblings – Elizabeth Neeson (Older Sister), Bernadette Neeson (Older Sister), Rosaline Neeson (Older Sister)
- Others – Vanessa Redgrave (Mother-in-law), Tony Richardson (Father-in-law), Joely Richardson (Sister-in-law)
Liam is signed to ARG (Talent Agency) which is based in London, UK.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
225 lbs or 102 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Liam Neeson dated –
- Helen Mirren (1980 – 1985) – Liam and Helen started their relationship while they were on the set, filming the movie The Excalibur. Their relationship lasted for four years before they parted ways. In one of the interviews, Helen said that it was hard for her to let go off Liam, because they went through many things together, and because of the fact that their love was so pure.
- Janice Dickinson (1985) – Liam and Janice started dating somewhere in the middle 80s, at the time when Liam ended his relationship with the British actress Helen Mirren. Many tabloids were pointing this as a potential RUMOR, because of the fact that Liam’s love for Helen was really big at the time even after they broke up.
- Julia Roberts (1988 – 1990) – Julia Roberts was one of Liam’s past girlfriends too. Despite the fact that Julia was 19 when they started dating, both of them started a romantic relationship back in 1988. At the same time, they were living together in a house in Venice, California. Their relationship got to the stage where they got engaged, but only for a short amount of time, before they broke up in 1990.
- Barbra Streisand (1991) – In September 1991, Liam started dating the well known singer Barbra Streisand. These two dated for a short period of time before they parted ways.
- Brooke Shields (1991 – 1992) – Liam started dating the American actress Brooke Shields in December 1991, and briefly after that they started a relationship. Their relationship lasted for about three months when they parted their ways.
- Natasha Richardson (1992 – 2009) – Liam met Natasha on the set of the movie Nell back in January 1993. They immediately hooked up and started a relationship, and after one year altogether, they got married on July 3, 1994. These two were together till 2009 when in a skiing accident at the Mont Tremblant Resort, Natasha suffered severe head injuries resulting in death. Liam and Natasha had two children, Michael Neeson (born on June 22, 1995) and Daniel Jack Neeson (born on August 27, 1996).
- Freya St. Johnston (2010 – 2012) – After 18 months of his wife’s death, Liam started dating the 30 year old blonde Freya St. Johnston back in August, 2010. They had been seen in NYC and London both holding each others hands. Although there was a claim that these two got engaged, still to this day there is no reliable source that can confirm that information as true or false. Freya and Liam parted ways in October 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
- Irish accent
- Height 193 cm
- Gravelly voice
His body measurements like chest, arms, and waist information is not known.
12 (US) or 11.5 (UK) or 45 (EU) or 28.6 cm (JAP)
Liam is an Irish Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF.
He appeared in 2015 in Clash of Clans Super Bowl commercial.
Best Known For
His role as Oscar Shindler in Steven Spielberg’s movie Shinlder’s List in 1993.
Also Liam has been known for his roles in the movies Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Taken 1, Taken 2 and Taken 3, Batman Begins, Clash of the Titans, Les Miserables and others.
He appeared in 1978 in the movie called Pligrim’s Progress playing one of the major roles as Jesus Christ.
First TV Show
His first appearance in a TV show was in 1978 when he played the role as Dermont in the TV series Play for Today in the episode Dinner at the Sporting Club.
Liam had trained with Mark Vanselow for 12 films in a row.
In one of the interviews, Liam said that working out with Mark has been providing great results, despite the fact that he (Liam) is 62 year old actor.
Training to keep Liam in the best shape possible while looking after the injured muscles makes Vanselow the right choice for every person, says a friend of Mark. Mark says that many trainers make the bad decisions by giving the same workout program to each and every client, instead of first defining what that person’s fitness needs are.
You can read more about Liam’s personal trainer HERE.
Liam Neeson Favorite Things
- Food – Arugula, Figs, Blue Cheese salad
Source – IrishCentral
Liam Neeson Facts
- At the age of nine, Liam started boxing at All Saints Youth Club, and later became an amateur senior boxing champion.
- He was named Liam, after local priest.
- Liam first stepped on the stage at the age of 11, after he was offered to play the lead role in a school play.
- He was on a trial in a football club in Dublin, and played one game as a substitute against Shamrock.
- He once worked as a truck driver.
- Before discovering acting, he planned to be a teacher.
- Liam joined the Lyric Players’ Theatre in Belfast in 1976.
- He voiced the main character James in the video game Fallout 3.
- He voiced the lion Aslan in the movie Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian in 2008.
- Liam quit smoking in 2003.
- F.C. Liverpool and Crystal Palace are Liam’s favorite football clubs.
- He was number 74 on Empire magazine’s 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- He loves fly-fishing.