|Jay Chou Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1979|
Jay Chou is a multi-talented Taiwanese singer-songwriter renowned for his music and appearances in Hollywood films. He has been awarded the “Best-Selling Chinese Artist” by World Music Awards numerous times. Jay is known for his appearances in films like Curse of the Golden Flower, Kung Fu Dunk, True Legend, The Green Hornet, Kung Fu Panda 3, and 10,000 Miles. He has a huge fan following of more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 4 million followers on Facebook, and more than 8 million views on his YouTube channel.
Chieh Lun Chou
President Chou, Director Chou, Jay Chou
Linkou, Taipei, Taiwan
Jay Chou attended the Tamkang Senior High School with major in piano and minor in cello.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor, Film Director, Television Personality, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur
- Father – Chou Yao-Chung (Biomedical Researcher)
- Mother – Yeh Hui-Mei (Music Teacher, Taught Fine Arts)
- Siblings – None
Jay Chou self-manages his music career through his own company JVR Music.
Hip Hop, Pop Rock, R&B, Mandopop
Vocals, Piano, Cello, Guitar, Guzheng, Chinese Flute, Drums, Beatboxing
- Alfa Music
- Sony Music Taiwan
- JVR Music
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay Chou has dated –
- Hannah Quinlivan (2010-Present) – In 2010, Jay started a relationship with model Hannah Quinlivan, who had been working in Jay’s clothing shop since 2007. Jay confirmed their relationship in November 2014. The couple got married on January 17, 2015, at Selby Abbey in Selby, England. They had a private wedding ceremony for friends and family members in Taipei on February 9, 2015. The 3rd reception was held in March in Australia. They are blessed with a daughter named Hathaway (b. July 2015) and a son named Romeo (b. June 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
- Hooded eyes
- Tends to wear gold chains
Jay Chou has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Yili drinks
- M-Zone/China Mobile
- Metersbonwe Group
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
- National Geographic
He converted to a Protestant in 2012.
Best Known For
- His music which has gained surplus recognition in Southeast Asia, Korea, Japan, and other Asian communities across the globe. He has been on many world tours popularizing his music worldwide. This primarily increased his fan following in social media with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 4 million followers on Facebook, and more than 8 million views on his YouTube channel.
- Appearing in films like Curse of the Golden Flower (2006), Secret (2007), Kung Fu Dunk (2008), The Treasure Hunter (2009), True Legend (2010), The Green Hornet (2011), The Viral Factor (2012), The Rooftop (2013), Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016), Now You See Me 2 (2016), and 10,000 Miles (2016)
On November 6, 2000, he released his first studio album Jay through BMG Taiwan. The album contained 10 songs.
In 2005, he made his theatrical film debut in the action comedy film Initial D as Takumi Fujiwara.
First TV Show
In 2010, he made his first TV show appearance on the drama series Pandamen as Detective Leo Lee.
Jay Chou once had an envious physique. He was popular for his 8-pack abs and blonde hair. Previously, he used to work out regularly doing up to 300 sit-ups daily. To balance out his workout, he followed a strict diet.
Jay Chou Favorite Things
- Music Composer – Chopin
- Actor – Jet Li
- Sport – Basketball
Jay Chou Facts
- He started learning piano at the age of 4.
- His parents separated when he was 14 years old, which caused difficulty in his life.
- Before his career as a pop star, he worked as a waiter.
- He got his breakthrough by Taiwan’s TV host Jacky Wu, who hired him as a contract composer.
- He got into using nunchaku out of his fondness for Bruce Lee’s action stunts.
- Jay is one of the most popular pop singers in Taiwan and also in Chinese-speaking regions.
- He has his own recording company, JVR Music.
- He also owns chains of restaurants including Mr. J Restaurants, Secret Restaurant, and Mr. Qute.
- Jay owns a clothing store called PHANTACi (pronounced as Fantasy) and an antique shop called OMNI by JFK.
- He is an avid car collector, and his collections include Toyota AE86, Black Beauty Imperial ’67, Batmobile, Mercedes Mclaren SLR 722, and Pagani Zonda.
- His Batmobile runs on a jet engine and was built by the same manufacturers who created the car in the movie The Dark Knight (2008).
- Jay has supported many charity organizations including Angel Heart Foundation, Taiwanese ALS Foundation, Fubon Charity Foundation, and many more.
- He has written and directed the films The Rooftop (2013) and Secret (2007).
- He has also served as a judge for the reality talent show Sing! China.
- Follow him on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Achernar / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0