|Pierce Brosnan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1953|
Pierce Brosnan is an Irish actor and film producer who is best known for portraying roles such as secret agent James Bond in the Bond film series, Kent Nelson / Doctor Fate in Black Adam, Sam Carmichael in Mamma Mia!, Eli McCullough in The Son, Richard Pace in The Misfits, Ethan Webb in The Only Living Boy in New York, Chiron in Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, and Adam Lang in The Ghost Writer. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Long Good Friday, The Fourth Protocol, The Deceivers, Love Affair, Dante’s Peak, The Thomas Crown Affair, Laws of Attraction, After the Sunset, The Greatest, Salvation Boulevard, Spinning Man, False Positive, Cinderella, Remington Steele, Around the World in 80 Days, and many more. For his acting skills, Pierce has been honored with numerous awards such as the Empire Award, Irish Film and Television Award, and Young Hollywood Award.
Pierce Brendan Brosnan
Brosnan, James Bond
Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland
American, and Irish
Brosnan did his early education from a local school in Ireland. When he was 10, he moved to London and pursued his studies at Elliott School, a state comprehensive school in Putney, South West London.
After completing school, he took training in commercial illustration at the Saint Martin’s School of Art in London. At 20, Brosnan joined The Oval House and pursued his studies at The Drama Center in London.
Actor, producer, environmentalist
- Father – Thomas Brosnan (Carpenter), William Carmichael (Step-Father)
- Mother – May (née Smith, born circa; Nurse)
- Siblings – He is a single child
- Others – Philip and Kathleen Smith (Maternal Grandparents)
Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pierce Brosnan dated –
- Tatjana Patitz (1993) – Pierce Brosnan had an encounter with model Tatjana Patitz in the past.
- Barbara Orbison – Pierce dated Barbara Orbison, the widow of Rock n Roll pioneer, Roy Orbison. The two were often spotted at award shows and dated on and off on several occasions.
- Brenda Starr – The actor had a relationship with American songwriter and singer Brenda Starr for a short while.
- Denice D. Lewis – Brosnan dated former bond girl Denice D. Lewis, but the exact duration of their relationship is unknown.
- Cassandra Harris (1977-1991) – Brosnan and Australian actress Cassandra Harris met through her stepson David Harris in 1977. It was love on first sight for Pierce and they started dating. On December 27, 1980, they tied the knot and their first son, Sean Brosnan was born on September 13, 1983. He adopted the children, Charlotte and Christopher, from her previous marriage. During the shooting of The Deceivers (1987) in India, Cassandra was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and she died on December 28, 1991, at the age of 43.
- Julianne Phillips (1993-1994) – Pierce dated actress Julianne Phillips for a couple of months from 1993 to 1994. She is seven years younger than Brosnan.
- Kathryn Kinley (1994) – The actor was in a relationship with entertainment reporter Kathryn Kinley for a brief period of time in 1994.
- Keely Shaye Smith (1994 – Present) – He first met the American journalist Keely Shaye Smith in Mexico in 1994. They dated for around seven years and then, the couple tied the knot at Ballintubber Abbey in County Mayo, Ireland in 2001. The couple has two sons Dylan Thomas Brosnan (born on January 13, 1997) and Paris Beckett Brosnan (born on February 27, 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
- Greek God features
- There is a scar on the right side of his top lip
- Modest personality
11 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Pierce has done print ads for Cuervo Gold Tequila (1986), Omega Watches (1995 onwards), Ericsson Mobile Phones (1997), Forest Stewardship Council (2000), Ford Thunderbird (2002), Aquascutum (2006-2007) and many others.
He has done television commercials for MasterCard with ex-wife Cassandra (1985), Diet Coke (1988), Maidenform (1989), Ferrero Rocher (2001), Danone (2002), It’s Wonderful wine (2004), Sagres (2006), Vistula clothing (2007), Galaxy Suits (2006-2010), L’Oreal (2008), Save the Whales Now (2006-2010), Kia Sorento automobiles (2015) and many others.
Pierce Brosnan is a brand ambassador for watchmaker Speake-Marin.
Best Known For
Pierce Brosnan is best known for his role of James Bond in four Eon Production movies titled GoldenEye (1995), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999) and Die Another Day (2002).
Mamma Mia! (2008), Ghost Writer (2010), Love Is All You Need (2012) are some of his other best-known films.
His NBC TV series Remington Steele (1982-1987) also garnered him much fame.
Pierce made his acting debut with the British gangster movie The Long Good Friday in 1980 with Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren. He played the role as 1st Irishman.
However, before that, he had already appeared in a TV movie Murphy’s Stroke in 1979 for his role as Edward O’Grady.
First TV Show
Pierce first appeared in ITV’s television series Hammer House of Horror in 1980 as “The Last Victim.” The show only lasted for one season (13 episodes).
Pierce Brosnan is fit as ever and he is known to go for morning walks and occasional cycling sessions with his wife Keely. His fitness mantra is not known but the actor believes in staying fit and active.
Pierce Brosnan Favorite Things
- Hotel – The Hassler in Rome, and The Ritz in Paris
- Food – Irish salmon, vegetables, and lots of mashed potatoes
- Gadgets – Fountain pens
- Music Band – The Who, Pink Floyd
- Bond Films – From Russia with Love (1963), For Your Eyes Only (1981)
- TV Show – Doctor Who (1963–1989)
- Football Team – Fulham Football Club
- Comic Actor – John Cleese
Source – TravelandLeisure.com, Huffington Post, IMDb
Pierce Brosnan Facts
- He has his own production company called Irish DreamTime and The Nephew (1998) was its first production.
- People Magazine ranked him among the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world in the past.
- In 1997, he was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2001, People Magazine voted him as the Sexiest Man Alive.
- When Brosnan played James Bond, he dressed in shirts and ties from Turnbull & Asser, Church’s shoes, and Brioni suits. Dunhill was the brand, he used for cufflinks and belts.
- He started his career as an acting assistant stage manager at the York Theatre Royal and Wait Until Dark was his theatre debut.
- In February 2013, he was awarded patronage of the Dublin University Players society at Trinity College, Dublin.
- He is an ambassador for UNICEF Ireland since the year 2001.
- In the 2004 presidential election, he supported John Kerry.
- Brosnan is an active spokesperson and supporter of noble causes like same-sex marriage, gay adoption, gun control and environment protection.
- He is a close friend of Meryl Streep.
- In 2004, The Sustainable Style Foundation titled Brosnan as the Best-dressed Environmentalist.
- At a young age, he trained in fire-eating and performed the stunt in a circus.
- The actor loves to paint and he raises funds for charitable causes by selling his paintings.
- In May 2007, Brosnan and his wife Keely Smith donated $100,000 for the replacement of a playground on Kauai, a Hawaiian island where the couple has a house.
- In the Orange 2001 film survey of the greatest British film actors ever, Brosnan was awarded the sixth rank.
- In September 2020, Pierce listed his 12,500 square feet Malibu-based home for $100 million. However, the property was later pulled off the market after not selling.
- In 2020, Pierce was placed at the 15th spot in The Irish Times‘ “greatest Irish film actors” list.