|Sobhita Dhulipala Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sobhita Dhulipala is an Indian actress, model, and beauty queen who is best known for representing her country for Miss Earth 2013. During that, she won the title of Miss Photogenic and Miss Earth Eco-Beauty. She is also noted for being crowned as Femina Miss India South 2013 after which, she went on to attain the runner-up place at the Femina Miss India beauty pageant. Almost 3 years after succeding as a model, Sobhita entered the world of show biz, making her debut as Smrutika Naidu in the hit neo-noir Raman Raghav 2.0 in 2016. Thereafter, she had appeared in several other popular films such as Chef (2017), Kaalakaandi (2018), Goodachari (2018), and Moothon (2019).
Besides that, Shobita also turned a fan favorite with her remarkable portrayal of Tara Khanna in Prime Originals Made In Heaven. Today, she has a huge fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Facebook, and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Tenali, Andhra Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sobhita graduated from Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai.
She briefly studied acting under the careful guidance of casting director Mukesh Chhabra in Mumbai.
Actress, Model, Beauty Queen
- Father – Venugopal Rao (Chief Engineer)
- Mother – Santha Kamakshi (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Samantha Dhulipala (Younger Sister)
As a model, Sobhita is represented by Elan Modeling Agency.
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sobhita has dated –
- Pranav Misra – Sobhita had openly been dating Pranav Misra, the co-founder as well as creative and image director of the brand Huemn for some time. The news about the two began to surface in early 2019. With time, the relationship seemed to have fizzled out.
- Naga Chaitanya (2022) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Telugu Brahmin heritage.
- Plump Lips
- Thick eyebrows
- She has a beauty spot on her forehead.
- Fleshy nose
Sobhita has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Mehaka Jewellers
- Durex Jeans
She has also endorsed or promoted various brands like –
- Calvin Klein
- Louis Vuitton
Best Known For
- Starring in several films such as Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016), Chef (2017), Kaalakaandi (2018), Goodachari (2018), and Moothon (2019)
- Being cast as Tara Khanna in Prime Originals Made In Heaven
- Making it all the way to the finale of the Femina Miss India 2013 pageant, where she had attained the 2nd place
- Winning several beauty pageant titles such as Femina Miss India South, Miss Photogenic, Miss Earth Eco-Beauty, Miss Stylish Hair, Miss Adventurous, Miss Fashion Icon, Miss Talent, and Miss Digital Diva
- Representing India at the Miss Earth 2013 beauty pageant
- Being featured on the cover of several highly regarded magazines such as Femina, Grazia, Mind Mag, the Universe, and many more
- Picture modeling for the Kingfisher Calendar in 2014
Sobhita made her Hindi debut theatrical film appearance as Smrutika Naidu in Raman Raghav 2.0 in 2016.
She made her debut Telugu film appearance as Sameera Rao / Sameera Sheikh in Goodachari in 2018.
First Web Show
Sobhita made her first web show appearance as Tara Khanna in Made In Heaven in 2019.
In April 2019, Sobhita revealed that her fitness regime mostly revolved around doing housework and taking random walks around the city. Sobhita also mentioned that she had not been to a gym in almost 2 and a half years.
As for her diet, she is an eggetarian and prefers to eat everything in moderation rather than depriving herself of what she craves. She also enjoys eating dessert twice a day.
Sobhita Dhulipala Favorite Things
- Sweet Dish – Jalebi
- Dish – Kichri with a lot of ghee and pickle
- Person Who Cooks Well In The House – Her Mother
- Food As A Child – Panipuri
- Apparel Of All-Time – Silk saree
- Accessories – Pearl necklace
- Brand – Huemn
- Perfume – Attar
- Actress – Rekha Ganesan
- Color – Ivory White, Hues of Blues
Sobhita Dhulipala Facts
- She was raised in Visakhapatnam, Andra Pradesh by a family of Telugu Brahim heritage.
- Growing up, Sobhita did not watch television or go to the theatres.
- Her father Venugopal works as the chief engineer (Marine) with the Merchant Navy of India, whereas, her mother is a school teacher at the primary wing of the Greater Visakha Municipal Corporation.
- Sohobita had left for Mumbai after she had graduated from 12th grade as she wanted to explore a different place. While studying in Mumbai, Sobhita would wake up at 4 am every morning, get ready and walk to catch a bus to the station, where she would then get on a train till Churchgate, and from there onwards walk again to reach her college by 7 am.
- She is quite an intellectual poet who started writing poetry when she was 13 or 14 years old. However, she hasn’t shared her poetry yet and no more than 2 or 3 people have ever read them.
- In an interview with Grazia, Sobhita spoke about not knowing that people would actually mingle and date with the opposite s*x until she came to Mumbai. At first, she faced a cultural shock as back home, she had lived a very simplistic lifestyle and had also never applied makeup or worn a pair of high heels before.
- During her student years, she admired economists like Kaushik Basu and Amartya Sen.
- In 2013, she was crowned Femina Miss India South and stood second for Femina Miss India that year. After that, she went on to represent India at the Miss Earth 2013 beauty pageant.
- During the preliminary rounds for Miss Earth, she won the title of “Miss Photogenic” and “Miss Earth Eco-Beauty”.
- In the past, Sobhita had been presented with many beauty pageant titles such as Miss Stylish Hair, Miss Adventurous, Miss Fashion Icon, Miss Talent, and Miss Digital Diva.
- She was one of the many models featured in the Kingfisher Calendar for 2014.
- While Sohobita was attending a workshop with casting director Mukesh Chhabra, she found herself in a spot where she had realized that she was quite a shy person. She also stated that her addiction to reading books was just a way of her escape.
- She served as the brand ambassador for Kalanjali in 2014 and 2016.
- A friend of hers who worked as an intern at the Miss India office suggested she enroll for the Femina Miss India beauty pageant.
- She had previously worked as a ramp model and later, moved on to working as a commercial model. However, she did not feel quite in place and decided to try her luck in acting.
- Sobhita had learned to speak Hindi just 6 months before the release of her debut film Raman Raghav 2.0 in 2016. She was also nominated for “Critics’ Choice Best Performance” at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Her younger sister Samantha was studying in the medical field in 2016.
- Sobhita’s parents also moved to Mumbai to support her in the career she chose for herself.
- She has always looked up to director Anurag Kashyap for inspiration.
- Sobhita has worked with legendary actors like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Saif Ali Khan, and Vicky Kaushal.
- In the past, she wished to work with some of the best director’s in India like Dibakar Banerjee, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Vishal Bhardwaj, Vasan Bala, Vikramaditya Motwane, and Zoya Akhtar.
- During a chat with Neha Dhupia on her show “BFFs with Vogue”, Sobhita shocked fans after she chose actor Jim Sarbh over Vicky Kaushal when she was asked to choose the better kisser.
- In January 2018, Sobhita told PTI that competing in Femina Miss India had damaged her self-esteem to some extent. According to her, she had begun to lose herself and had just started to become someone she was not, the sudden changes began to make her feel confused and rather small.
- While shooting for a film in the past, Sobhita was turned away by an employee at a hotel reception as she was wearing a burka on the day of her shoot. She was disgusted by the reaction of the person and took to social media to address the issue on a much wider platform.
- She enjoys picking characters that are complicated and difficult to play.
- Sobhita has very often been discriminated for her darkish complexion.
- As of 2019, she was still doing her own laundry.
- Sobhita has been trained in Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi forms of dance.
- She is a great cook and prepares her own food every day.
- Sobhita finds men wearing ethnic or kurta pajamas to be quite attractive.
- As of April 2019, she had almost 40 pairs of footwear.
- She had her first kiss when she was in high school.
Featured Image By Sobhita Dhulipala / Instagram