Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Jim Sarbh went to the American School of Bombay. After the completion of his school education, he got enrolled in an undergraduate degree at the Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He aimed to study psychology in the university.
Actor, Stage Director
- Father – His father worked as a master mariner. He was later appointed as Regional Director of P&O Ports South and Middle East Asia.
- Mother – His mother was a physiotherapist.
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Kali Bundle (Grandfather) (Considered as one of the pioneering gallerists of India)
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Sarbh has dated –
- Kalki Koechlin (2016-2017) – The rumors of Jim dating actress Kakli Koechlin first started doing rounds in the early months of 2016. However, a couple of weeks later, it was reported that their relationship had hit a rocky patch. After they ignored each other at the premiere of A Death in the Gunj during the Mumbai Film Festival in October, it was claimed that they had ended their relationship. However, in December 2016, he posted a picture of them cuddling up on his Instagram account, leading to the assumption that they had got back together. They broke up in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Parsi descent.
Black with some white streaks
- Curly hair
- Defined jawline
- Cleft in the chin
Jim Sarbh has appeared in a creative tourism TV commercial for Rajasthan Tourism.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Alauddin Khalji’s close confidant and general, Malik Kafur in the historical drama movie, Padmaavat.
- Having played the role of antagonist in the thriller drama movie, Neerja. For his marvelous performance in the movie, he was nominated under the Best Supporting Actor category at the Filmfare Awards.
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut in the movie, Shuruaat Ka Interval, which was an anthology of 8 short films.
First TV Show
Jim Sarbh hasn’t made an appearance on any TV show yet.
However, in 2018, he appeared in a web series titled Made in Heaven alongside Kalki Koechlin.
Jim Sarbh regularly works out to keep his body in shape. He relies on the guidance of his personal trainer Varoon Vesuna and usually works out at Vesuna’s gym. If he has time and feels healthy, he hits the gym 5 times a week. But, in case, he is busy or not feeling well, he reduces the frequency to 3 times a week.
Jim regularly performs stretching exercises and works on his breath control. He believes that breath control along with stamina and flexibility are very important for an actor. He also tries to play football as much as possible.
Jim also tries to remain hydrated throughout the day. In fact, the first thing he does in the morning is, drink a lot of water. Hemp, fruits, and coconut water are an important part of his daily dietary intake. He is also a big fan of dates smoothie. Overall, he eats a vegetarian diet.
Jim Sarbh Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Drink – Beer
- Artist – MF Hussain
Source – NDTV, Times of India
Jim Sarbh Facts
- While studying at the Emory University, he used to reserve the evening for play rehearsals in which professional actors and directors often used to participate.
- After completing his university studies, he started working with Atlanta-based Alliance Theatre as an intern. He worked with them for a year during which he managed to win Major Supporting Role Metropolitan Atlanta Theatre Award.
- When he was 3 years old, his family moved to Australia. However, by the time he reached the age of 8, they had returned back to Mumbai.
- In 2012, he moved back to Mumbai from the United States, to become a full-time theatre artist.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0