|Naga Chaitanya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 23, 1986|
|Spouse||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
Naga Chaitanya is an award-winning Indian actor who is distinguished for his splendid skills in the Telugu show business and his fascination for fast cars and eye candy bikes. He is noted for his important portrayal of the character Sathya in Josh (2009), Karthik in Ye Maaya Chesave (2010), Nagarjuna in Manam (2014), Vikram Vatsalya in Premam (2016), and Chaitu Gaadu in Shailaja Reddy Alludu (2018). Naga’s acting credits also include his cameo appearances in several hit films like Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010) and Mahanati (2018). Besides his silver screen appearance, Naga is also known for being born into a prominent Daggubati and Akkineni family who has been associated with the film industry for over 3 decades. He is the son of actor, producer, and businessman Akkineni Nagarjuna and Lakshmi Daggubati who is producer D. Ramanaidu’s daughter. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 400k followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 700k followers on Facebook.
Naga Chaitanya Akkineni
Chay, Chaitu, Chaitanya, Yuvasamrat
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Chaitanya studied at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan in Chennai. Later, he went on to study keyboard professionally at Trinity College in London.
He also enrolled in a college in Hyderabad to pursue a degree in B. Com.
- Father – Nagarjuna Akkineni (Actor, Producer, Businessman)
- Mother – Lakshmi Daggubati
- Others – Nageswara Rao Akkineni (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor, Producer), Annapurna Kollipara (Paternal Grandmother), Ramanaidu Daggubati (Maternal Grandfather) (Producer), Rajeswari (Maternal Grandmother), Amala Mukherjee (Step Mother) (Actress, Dancer, Animal Welfare Activist), Akkineni Akhil (Younger Step Brother), Daggubati Venkatesh (Maternal Uncle) (Actor), Rana Daggubati (Older Cousin Brother) (Actor, Producer, TV Personality), Sumanth (Actor, Producer), Anumolu Sushanth (Actor, Producer)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
81 kg or 178.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chaitanya has dated –
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu (2010-Present) – Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Ruth Prabhu met on the set of Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010. But it wasn’t until 5 years later in 2015, that the two were rumored to have been dating one another as they were spotted together several times during that year. Later, in 2016 the couple finally blew the covers on their relationship and got engaged on a year later on January 29, 2017. Finally, the fan favorite duo tied the knot on October 7, 2017, in Goa and the rest is history.
- Anushka Shetty (2011) – Naga Chaitanya is rumored to have dated actress Anushka Shetty in 2011. It was even reported that they had got engaged and were very serious about settling down during the mid-2011.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular built
- Wide smile
Chaitanya has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- Big Bazaar
- The Chennai Shopping Mall
- Otto Clothing
Best Known For
- Being cast as Sathya in Josh (2009), Karthik in Ye Maaya Chesave (2010), Nagarjuna in Manam (2014), Vikram Vatsalya in Premam (2016), and Chaitu Gaadu in Shailaja Reddy Alludu (2018)
- His cameo appearances in several hit films like Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (2010) and Mahanati (2018)
- Winning several awards such as the Filmfare Award South for “Best Male Debut” in 2009 and the SIIMA Award for “Best Actor” in 2014
Chaitanya made his debut theatrical film appearance as Sathya in Vasu Varma’s Josh in 2009.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in Prematho Mee Lakshmi in 2011.
Chaitanya goes to the gym 5 times a week while maintaining an equal weight to cardio ratio. Several videos that are scattered across the web show Chaitanya focusing on building a ripped muscular physique.
He is also quite the one to accept fitness challenges. In a video that he uploaded to his Twitter in May 2018, he accepts the #HumFitTohIndiaFit challenge and can be seen performing a set of pushups, followed by a continuous set of pull-ups, and then hanging leg raises.
As for his diet, he does not follow a strict diet routine but prefers to eat in moderation.
Naga Chaitanya Facts
- He was a child when his parents legally parted ways. Later, his father got remarried to actress Amala Mukherjee, while his mother tied the knot with a corporate executive named Sharath Vijayaraghavan.
- Chaitanya spent 18 years of his life growing up with his mother in Chennai, before moving to Hyderabad to enroll in college.
- At first, his parents didn’t expect him to take up acting. However, after he expressed an interest in the profession during his second year of college, they happily sent him to study at an acting school in Mumbai for 3 months. Later, he was sent off to Los Angeles to train in martial arts and receive further lessons in voice and dialogue development.
- During his schooling days, he found it difficult to focus entirely on his studies but was very good at extra-curricular activities. He played the keyboard and bass guitar in the school band and went on to learn the keyboard at Trinity College in London.
- In 2014, he started a self-titled YouTube channel. However, the first video that he uploaded to his channel was an official trailer of his film Saahasam Swaasaga Saagipo in 2016.
- He is Akkineni Nagarjuna’s beloved son.
- Chaitanya and Samantha’s fan nicknamed the couple ‘ChaySam’.
- He is a lover of food who enjoys watching the show Master Chef and relishes Chinese dishes.
- Practically everyone on his mother and father’s side is an actor or producer.
- He loves fast cars and elegant superbikes.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Naga Chaitanya Fan Account / Instagram