|Akhil Akkineni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Akhil Akkineni is an American actor of Indian descent who has primarily worked in Telegu-language films such as Manam (2014), Akhil (2015), Hello (2017), and Mr. Majnu (2019). He is a 3rd generation member of the Daggubati–Akkineni family, one of the 2 major acting dynasties in Telugu cinema.
San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
He splits his time between Hyderabad, Telangana, India, and, San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States.
Akhil had attended the Chaitanya Vidyalaya in Hyderabad before moving temporarily to Australia where he had studied for 2 years. Upon his return to India, he had completed his schooling at Oakridge International School, Gachibowli, an international baccalaureate affiliated school in Hyderabad.
He had pursued higher studies in the US and had earned a BBA degree from the University of South Florida, a public research university in Tampa, Florida. He had then undertaken an acting course at the renowned Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- Father – Akkineni Nagarjuna (Actor, Producer, TV Presenter, Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Amala Akkineni (née Mukherjee) (Actress, Dancer, Animal Welfare Activist)
- Others – Akkineni Nageswara Rao (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor, Producer, Director, Businessman) (d. January 22, 2014), Annapurna Kollipara (Paternal Grandmother), Sathyavathi Akkineni (Paternal Aunt), Akkineni Venkat (Paternal Uncle) (Producer), Saroja Akkineni (Paternal Aunt), Akkineni Naga Susheeila (Paternal Aunt), Naga Chaitanya (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Samantha Ruth Prabhu (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Yarlagadda Sumanth Kumar (Cousin) (Actor), Keerthi Reddy (Ex-Cousin-in-Law) (Actress), Surendra Yarlagadda (Uncle), Supriya Yarlagadda (Cousin), Annapurna Akkineni (Cousin), Akkineni Jyothsna (Aunt), Sushanth Anumolu (Cousin) (Actor), Anumolu Satya Bhushana Rao (Uncle)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Akhil has dated –
- Shriya Bhupal (2016–2017) – Akhil was engaged to Shriya Bhupal, granddaughter of business tycoon G. V. Krishna Reddy, the founder of the Indian business conglomerate GVK, in December 2016. They were set to get married in a grand ceremony in Italy in May 2017 but the wedding was later called off.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He is of Indian (Telugu) descent on his father’s side and Irish and Indian (Bengali) descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Charming smile
- Has a mole near his nose and another on his neck
Akhil has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Karbonn Mobiles
- Mountain Dew
Akhil Akkineni Facts
- He was featured for the first time in a film when he was just about a year old. It was his father’s production titled Sisindri (1995), which was an adaptation of the comedy film Baby’s Day Out (1994).
- A cricket enthusiast, he began representing Telugu Warriors in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) in 2011. He had captained the team to the title in 2016.
- He had made a cameo appearance in the 2014 fantasy drama film Manam (2014) which had featured 3 generations of actors from the Akkineni family.
- There was a gap of 21 years between his 1st and 2nd wins at the Filmfare Awards South – ‘Best Child Actor’ for Sisindri in 1995 and ‘Best Male Debut’ for Akhil in 2016.
Featured Image by Akhil Akkineni / Instagram