|Nagarjuna Akkineni Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 29, 1959|
Nagarjuna Akkineni is an Indian actor, producer, television anchor, and entrepreneur who has won the hearts of the audiences with his powerful performances in super hit films such as Siva (1989), Mass (2004), Boss – I Love You (2006), Shirdi Sai (2012), Manam (2014) and many more. Referred to as the “King” of the Telugu film industry, he has been honored with the state Nandi Awards, Filmfare Awards South as well as the National Film Awards.
Nagarjuna Rao Akkineni
Nag, Yuva Samrat, King
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
He attended Hyderabad Public School and studied his “Intermediate” at Little Flower Junior College. After that, he enrolled at the College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, completing 1 year of the Bachelor of Engineering course.
He then earned his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Later he acquired a master’s degree in automobile engineering from San Jose State University.
Actor, Producer, TV Host, Businessman
- Father – Nageswara Rao Akkineni (Deceased Veteran Actor)
- Mother – Annapurna Akkineni
- Others – Samantha Akkineni (Ex-Daughter-in-Law) (Actress)
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Lakshmi Daggubati (1984-1990) – In 1984, he tied the knot with Lakshmi Daggubati who is the daughter of the filmmaker D. Ramanaidu and sister of the actor Venkatesh as well as the producer Suresh Babu. They got divorced in 1990. They together have a son named Naga Chaitanya who is an actor.
- Amala Akkineni (1992-Present) – He married actress Amala Akkineni on June 11, 1992. Nagarjuna and Amala together have a son named Akhil Akkineni (b. 1994) who is an actor.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘light brown’.
- Thick mustache
- Charming smile
He has endorsed brands like Kalyan Jewellers.
Nagarjuna Akkineni Favorite Things
- Food – Hyderabadi Biriyani, Haleem
- Song – Imagine by John Lennon
- Fitness Mantra – Hitting the gym 6 days a week, Playing a sport, Getting sufficient sleep, Staying hydrated, Ensuring a peaceful and sound mind, Not eating after his dinner time which is fixed at 7 pm
Nagarjuna Akkineni Facts
- He hails from the Daggubati-Akkineni family which is a famous Indian family with a history in Indian cinema mainly the Telugu films, his father being one of the prominent heads of both families and several other members being successful actors, movie directors, and producers.
- Nagarjuna debuted in the Telugu movie industry in 1967 in Sudigundalu as a child artist side by side with his father who starred in the lead role.
- He was just another star son until he starred in Siva, which has been acclaimed to be one of the greatest Indian films ever made, where his outstanding performance catapulted him to fame.
- Nagarjuna shared the screen for the final time with his father in the 2014 movie Manam which also starred all his other family members, his son Naga Chaitanya and daughter-in-law in the lead roles and his wife Amala and younger son Akhil in cameo roles.
- He is regarded as one of the most versatile actors of Telugu cinema and has been given the title of “celluloid scientist” for his innumerable experimental films of superior quality where he has consistently strived to uphold our rich cultural heritage and tradition, and family values.
- The Blue Cross of Hyderabad, the non-profit organization concerned with animal welfare and preservation of animal rights, was founded in 1992 by Nagarjuna and his wife Amala. He has also taken an active part in wellness programs undertaken by the Movie Artists Association (MAA) and has served as a brand ambassador for campaigns like HIV/AIDs awareness.
Featured Image by Nikhilb239 / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0