|Samantha Akkineni Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1987|
Samantha Akkineni is a well distinguished Indian actress and model who is best known for her prominent appearance in the South Indian film industry. She has also starred in more than 2 dozen films, of which her most notable appearances are in Ye Maaya Chesave (2010), Neethaane En Ponvasantham (2012), Eega (2012), Attarintiki Daredi (2013), Manam (2014), A Aa (2016), and Rangasthalam (2018). She has also received various honorable awards such as Filmfare Award for her outstanding skills as an actress. On the other hand, the beautiful and daring actress is also highly regarded across the nation for her work as a philanthropist. She can often be seen donating her precious ornaments, endorsement products, and many more things to the charitable trust, Pratyusha Support, that was established in 2012. Samantha has also aided several states during natural calamities. Her wowing and bubbly nature has also conjured many fans on social media, with more than 8 million followers on Instagram, more than 8.5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 9.5 million followers on Facebook.
Samantha Ruth Prabhu
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Samantha studied at the Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Chennai. After that, she went on to attain a degree in the field of commerce from Stella Maris College in Chennai.
Actress, Model, Philanthropist
- Father – Prabhu
- Mother – Ninette Prabhu
- Siblings – Jonathan Prabhu (Older Brother), David Prabu (Older Brother)
Samantha is represented by B. Mahendra.
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha has dated –
- Siddharth (2013-2016) – Samantha and actor Siddharth were rumored to be dating one another for almost 2 and a half years until she opened up about being in a relationship with her now husband Naga Chaitanya in 2016. According to reports, the couple met one another for the first time on the set of Jabardasth in 2013 and instantly fell in love with one another. After that, they were even spotted together on many occasions including on a popular award show where Siddharth made the actress blush to such an extent that, she couldn’t hide it from the cameras. Despite all the lovey-dovey content, they somehow couldn’t hit it off with one another. It was speculated that Samantha wanted to take her relationship one step further by getting married. But, the ladies man wasn’t quite ready and had sneakily moved on to date actress Deepa Sannidhi. During that time, a friend of Samantha’s told the Times Of India that, Siddharth’s fooling ways had left her heartbroken. It was also said that Siddharth had grown weary about Samantha’s friendly open nature. Hence, putting an end to the relationship. Despite, the booming commotion, neither of them ever came forth to speak about the rumors.
- Naga Chaitanya (2010-Present) – Actor Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Ruth Prabhu met one another on the set of the film Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010. However, it wasn’t until 5 years later in 2015, that fans began to speculate about the duo dating. They were also spotted together on more than one occasion during that year. However, sometime in 2016, the couple finally opened up to the public about their relationship and on January 29, 2017, they finally got engaged. The wedding, however, which took place Goa was carried out with Hindu customs on October 6, 2017, and with Christian customs on the following day.
Race / Ethnicity
In 2010, Samantha claimed she was Tamilian, despite being born to a father of Telugu heritage and mother of Malayali heritage.
- Thick eyebrows
- Lean physique
Samantha has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- South India Shopping Mall
- NAC Jewellers
- Big C Mobiles
- Big Bazaar
Through her social media, Samantha has either endorsed or promoted many brands like –
- Louis Vuitton
- Akoya Jewels
- Kishandas & Co.
- Artchetype Studio
Best Known For
- Portraying roles such as Jessie in Ye Maaya Chesave (2010), Nithya Vasudevan in Neethaane En Ponvasantham (2012), Bindu in Eega (2012), Sashi in Attarintiki Daredi (2013), Krishnaveni and Priya in Manam (2014), Anasuya Ramalingam in A Aa (2016), Rama Lakshmi in Rangasthalam (2018)
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines such as jfW, B Positive, Cinesprint, and Galatta
- Winning 4 Filmfare Awards for “Best Actress” until May 2019
Samantha made her Telugu debut theatrical film appearance as Jessie in Ye Maaya Chesave in 2010.
She made her first Tamil theatrical film appearance in a cameo appearance as Nandini in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa in 2010.
Samantha is a complete fitness freak. Her workout routines consist of weight training as she enjoys challenging herself with more weight. She often uploads videos of herself on social media doing exercises like deadlifts, upright rows, and kettlebells.
As of January 2019, she was training at the Apollo Life Studio with an ace fitness trainer and martial artist Jackson Master.
Her diet consists of an ample amount of protein intake. Part of her everyday meal is raw eggs and plenty of black coffee. She also believes that healthy eating is very important.
Samantha Akkineni Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Possessions – Her N locket, her kitty flats, her bucket bag, and a great book
- Book In September 2015 – The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow
Despite her kind-hearted ways, she has also been a subject to online-abuse and criticism on more than one occasion. Prior to the release of the film 1: Nenokkadine in 2014, Samantha had spotted an uncanny depiction on the film’s poster which showed actress Kriti Sanon following actor Mahesh Babu on all fours whereas, he was looking back at her disdainfully. Unable to stand the negativity it was creating, she posted a tweet saying “Saw a poster of a yet to be released Telugu film. Not only is it deeply regressive, but its point is actually that it is deeply regressive”. However, the backlash that she received from Mahesh’s fans after that was quite intense. Eventually, Mahesh Babu himself apologized to put an end to the ongoing Twitter war.
Samantha Akkineni Facts
- She was raised by a stern Christian family in Pallavaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and is the youngest child born to Prabhu and Ninette.
- Samantha and her beau Chaitanya are nicknamed ‘ChaySam’ by their fans.
- She was a bright and hardworking student who would always excel in academics.
- During her college years, Samantha’s parents struggled to cope up with the expenses of the society. Hence, she took up modeling projects which then led to her being discovered by producer and filmmaker S. Ravi Varman.
- Previously, there were rumors that Samantha had converted herself into a Hindu. These speculations were a result of a few pictures that went viral on the internet, showing the couple sitting on a mat together. However, in 2016, Naga Chaitanya told the press that, the speculations were false and the pictures were not of his engagement, instead it was a normal pooja. He also added, “I love her as a person and I have no issues with which religion she belongs to.”
- In 2012, Samantha was diagnosed with a prolonged period of immunity disorder. Due to that, she was unable to continue acting for almost 2 months. Matters got worse when the antibiotics that she was taking began to have a negative effect on her health. However, she managed to regain her health during the next few months. Following the incident, she founded a charitable trust called Pratyush Support the same year. The foundation is dedicated to treating and fulfilling the wishes of children suffering from life-threatening diseases.
- Samantha credits director and producer Gautham Menon, for giving her the much-needed tips for her role as Jessie in Ye Maaya Chesave (2010). She also looks up to British actress Audrey Hepburn for acting inspiration.
- She has constantly been involved in other philanthropic activities such as taking children on plane rides or having them meet their favorite actors. As of 2015, she also agreed to pay a third of a hospital bill for 1 child every week at Andhra Hospitals and donated an astounding INR 30 lakhs to aid the people caught up in the floods that took place in her hometown in Pallavaram.
- In September 2015, Samantha’s home in Chennai was stormed by officers from the income tax department who were under suspicion of an unidentified planned operation that she and her father had been plotting against other actors. However, the actress and her father Prabhu denied the allegations. During the incident, it was reported that a member of her family had also assaulted a cameraman who was filming their reactions.
- As of 2017, Samantha was set to be the face of Telangana Handlooms.
- She relishes the taste of sushi, the sweet dish palakova, and chocolates by Dairy Milk.
- Samatha is a complete book worm and enjoy reading books by writers like Stephen Hawking and Rhonda Byrne.
- In 2013, she was diagnosed with diabetes, which she later, overcame through determination and hard work. In 2015, she also played the role of a diabetic in S/O Satyamurthy.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image Samantha Akkineni / Instagram