|Siddharth Suryanarayan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Siddharth Suryanarayan is an Indian actor, producer, musician, and playback singer who has mainly worked in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi language films, including Boys, Rang De Basanti, Kannathil Muthamittal, Aaytha Ezhuthu, Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana, Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam, Oye!, Bommarillu, Anaganaga O Dheerudu, Striker, Oh My Friend, 180, Chashme Baddoor, Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi, Udhayam NH4, Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru, Kaaviya Thalaivan, Aranmanai 2, Sivappu Manjal Pachai, Maha Samudram, Aval, and Jil Jung Juk.
Sid, Sidey, Siddhu, Siddh, R. Siddarth
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
Siddharth Suryanarayan studied at DAV Boys’ Senior Secondary School in Madras and then attended Sardar Patel Vidyalaya in Delhi.
Afterward, he got enrolled at Kirori Mal College in New Delhi and graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) degree. During his college years, he participated extensively in extracurricular activities and served as the president of the college’s debating society, attending the World Debating Championships.
He completed his MBA from the S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research in Mumbai.
Actor, Producer, Musician, Playback Singer
- Father – Suryanarayan
- Siblings – Jayender (Brother), Sandhya (Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Siddharth Suryanarayan has dated –
- Meghna (2003-2007) – He got married to Meghna in November 2003. The duo had fallen in love while growing up in the same neighborhood in New Delhi. However, it was reported that the pair had started living separately by the end of 2006 and eventually divorced in January 2007.
- Soha Ali Khan – He was romantically involved with actor Soha Ali Khan in the past.
- Shruti Haasan – Siddharth once dated actor and playback singer Shruti Haasan, daughter of actor Kamal Haasan.
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu (2013-2016) – He went out with actor Samantha Ruth Prabhu between 2013 and 2016 but neither of them confirmed their relationship. Reportedly, they had met for the first time while shooting for Nandini Reddy’s Telugu romantic comedy Jabardasth. However, the relationship eventually ended as Samantha wanted to take her relationship one step further by getting married while Siddharth wasn’t quite ready and had sneakily moved on to date actor Deepa Sannidhi.
- Deepa Sannidhi – Siddharth had an affair with actor Deepa Sannidhi while he was allegedly dating Samantha Ruth Prabhu.
Race / Ethnicity
Siddharth Suryanarayan has done endorsement work for brands like Cinthol.
He has also served as a nationwide brand ambassador for Parle Agro.
Siddharth Suryanarayan Facts
- He was born in a Tamil-speaking family.
- He used the alias “R. Siddarth” while working as a cinematographer for movies.
- In 1999, Siddharth won a speaking skills competition which earned him the CNBC Manager of the year award.
- He has stated that ever since he was a child, he knew he would pursue a career in the entertainment industry and only signed up for business school as a “safety cushion” as insisted upon by his father.
- He worked as an assistant director for Mani Ratnam before he started acting.
- Alongside Aamir Khan, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Kunal Kapoor, Alice Patten, Soha Ali Khan, and others, Siddharth Suryanarayan co-starred as Karan Singhania/Bhagat Singh in the 2006 Hindi-language drama film Rang De Basanti. It was chosen as India’s official entry for the Golden Globe Awards and the Academy Awards in the “Best Foreign Language Film” category.
- His performance in Rang De Basanti won him the Screen Award for “Best Male Debut”.
- Siddharth has acquired a cult following in Germany.
- In December 2022, Siddharth claimed that his parents were harrassed for 20 minutes by security at Tamil Nadu’s Madurai airport. His parents were made to remove the coins from their bags and the security staff personnel repeatedly spoke in Hindi to them even after being requested to talk in English.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0