|Park Hyung-sik Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Park Hyung-sik is a South Korean singer and actor, also recognized by his stage name Hyungsik. He is a member of the South Korean boy band ZE:A and its sub-group ZE:A Five and has amassed a huge fanbase after appearing in the variety show Real Man (2013-2016). The versatile star’s acting skills have been noted in TV shows like The Heirs (2013), High Society (2015), and Strong Girl Bong-soon (2017).
Baby Soldier, Hyungsik
Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Park went to Shingal Elementary School, Giheung Middle School, and Shingal High School. Then, he enrolled in the Digital Seoul Culture Arts University with Business Administration as his subject.
- Father – His father has been a Manager at BMW Korea.
- Mother – His mother is a Buddhist.
- Siblings – He has a brother, who is 2 years older than him.
He is represented by Star Empire and United Artists Agency.
- Star Empire
- United Artists Agency
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Park Bo-young (2017) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown’, ‘light brown’, ‘auburn’, and ‘white’.
- Perfect features
- Tall, lean physique
- Prominent Adam’s apple
Park has endorsed brands such as –
- Papa Recipe
Park Hyung-sik Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Gumdo, Music-related activities
- Food – Spicy
- Stress Reliever – Spicy food
- Best Friend/Mentor – Park Seo-joon
Park Hyung-sik Facts
- He was named Hyung-sik (형식, 炯植) by a Buddhist monk.
- He started learning the modern Korean martial art form Gumdo from the 3rd grade of elementary school, continuing for around 8 years and acquired a certificate as a holder of the 4th stage of Haidong Gumdo.
- His family had not realized the potential he had to become a successful artist and had encouraged him to choose business as his career. Although Park took up business administration as his subject at the university, his spirits never got dampened and he continued practicing music.
- According to him, his ideal woman is someone who is hard-working, ambitious, and passionate about work.
- In an episode of the South Korean talk show Healing Camp, Aren’t You Happy (2011-2016), Park disclosed that during his teenage years, he was once picked on and bullied as a trainee for being close to a casting manager due to which he went into depression. However, he was able to come out of his mental agony with the strong and loving support of his close associates.
- He got the nickname “Baby Soldier” for his innocent yet intense image in the television show Real Man.
- In February 2017, he landed the lead role as the CEO of a game company in the romantic comedy Strong Girl Bong-soon, which has been one of the highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television history. After appearing in the critically and commercially successful show and gaining popularity, Park earned the title of the new “romantic comedy” king.
- Park started his mandatory military service on June 10, 2019, by joining the Nonsan Army Recruit Training Center in South Chungcheong Province, agreeing to complete his military duties in the military police department of the Capital Defense Command as an active-duty soldier. He has stated that the positive feedback for his shooting skills during the training for the military show Real Man, made him aware of his talent and kindled him to join the Capital Defense Command, so he could put his skills to use and be of service to his motherland.
Featured Image by Kimetc / Tistory / CC BY-4.0