|Ruel Van Dijk Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ruel Van Dijk is an Australian singer and songwriter popular for his hits singles like Dazed & Confused, Younger, and Don’t Tell Me. Ruel started his professional career in 2017 with the release of his debut single Golden Years. Ruel has immense talent and his skills have been praised by Elton John himself. He has amassed over 900k followers on Instagram and more than 700k subscribers on his YouTube channel.
Ruel Van Dijk
Isleworth, London, England, United Kingdom
Ruel pursued his high school education in Australia.
Singer, Lyricist, Songwriter
- Father – Ralph van Dijk (He operates an ad agency in Sydney.)
- Mother – Kate van Dijk
- Siblings – Coco (Sister), Sylvie (Sister)
Soul, R&B, Pop
Guitar, Piano, Vocals
RCA Records, The Muziek Trust, Sony Music Australia
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ruel is of Dutch descent on his father’s side and has British ancestry on his mother’s side.
Best Known For
- His singles titled Younger and Don’t Tell Me
- Appearing as a featured artist on Tom Thum’s Human
As a Singer
Ruel released his debut EP, Ready, via RCA Records and Sony Music. He has also released various singles including Dazed & Confused and Don’t Tell Me.
Ruel Van Dijk Favorite Things
- Album – Flower Boy by Tyler, The Creator
- Song – ‘Say’ from his own EP, Ready
Source – Coupdemainmagazine.com, GQ Australia
Ruel Van Dijk Facts
- At the age of 12, he wrote his first song, Don’t Tell Me. It was released in 2017 and held the #86 spot on the ARIA Chart.
- When Ruel was 12, his father worked on a campaign with Melbourne DJ Nate Flagrant. During the project, Ruel’s father gave Nate a demo of his son’s version of James Bay‘s popular hit, Let It Go.
- Nate was impressed by Ruel’s vocal skills and forwarded the piece to producer Mark Landon, who has worked with artists like Eminem, Daniel Johns, Madonna, and Kimbra. He liked the boy’s voice as well.
- Dijk then started to focus on vocal training, recording, and songwriting to polish his skills as a professional singer.
- At the age of 10, Ruel auditioned for The Voice Kids by sending a videotape and got selected for the first round. However, during the next round of auditions, he was made to sing a rendition of I Still Call Australia Home with a choir of kids. The group was unsuccessful in its attempt.
- He released his debut single, Golden Years, in April 2017.
- In June 2017, Ruel performed on Australian radio station Triple J’s weekly segment, Like A Version. He sang Weathered by Jack Garratt and, hence, made his live radio debut and also became the youngest performer to get featured on the segment. The video attracted great attention and earned over half a million views in less than 48 hours.
- In September 2017, Elton John played Ruel’s track, Don’t Tell Me, on BBC Radio 1. This helped Ruel increase his fan base.
- He later collaborated with Khalid in November 2017 on his American Teen Tour for Australia and New Zealand.
- Ruel did his first meet and greet on March 24, 2018, while performing at Pop Spring Festival in Tokyo.
- Dijk also gave a performance at the opening ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- He also received a great positive response from the audience for his single Younger which went gold on the ARIA Chart. Ruel got this news while he was performing in Sydney.
- Dijk started playing guitar at the age of 8.
- Visit his official website @ ruelvandijk.com.
Featured Image by Ruel Van Dijk / Instagram