Reginald Kenneth Dwight
Sharon, The Rocket Man, The Pinball Wizard
Elton Hercules John
Pinner, Middlesex, England
Elton John went to Pinner Wood Junior School, Reddiford School, and Pinner County Grammar School in Pinner, London.
But, he left Pinner County Grammar School just before giving his A Level examinations as he wanted to make his career in the field of music.
- Father – Stanley Dwight (Flight Lieutenant in the Royal Air Force)
- Mother – Sheila Eileen (Harris)
- Siblings – Simon Dwight (Younger Half-Brother), Robert Dwight (Younger Half-Brother), Geoff Dwight (Younger Half-Brother)
Elton’s dad later married and has three children from it, named above.
He is signed to Rocket Music Management.
Rock, pop rock, glam rock, soft rock, rhythm and blues
Vocals, keyboards, piano
Philips Records, Congress, DJM, Uni, Paramount, MCA, Geffen, Rocket, Island Records, Universal Records, Interscope Records, Mercury, Universal Music Group, Virgin EMI
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Elton John dated –
- John Reid – John Reid, Scottish manager, who manages personalities in the music industry dated Elton for over 5 years in the past. Reid served as Elton’s manager for a huge 28 years. Their relationship ended when Reid leaked about Elton’s spendings.
- Linda Woodrow (1966-1970) – In 1966, Elton started dating his secretary Linda Woodrow. The couple were also engaged later in the year. The relationship however ended in 1970. He also mentioned her in the song “Someone Saved My Life Tonight.”
- Gary Clarke (1982-1984) – From 1982 to 1984, he was romantically linked with actor Gary Clarke.
- Renate Blauel (1983-1988) – In 1983, Elton started dating German recording engineer, Renate Blauel and engaged later in the year. The duo married on Valentine’s Day 1984. After 4 years of successful relationship, the couple split and filed for divorce, which was finalized on November 18, 1988.
- David Furnish (1993-Present) – In October 1993, Elton John started dating Canadian filmmaker David Furnish, who is 16 years junior to Elton. They first met during a dinner party, where Elton asked for David’s phone number. After more than 10 years of dating together, the couple got engaged in May 2005. They married on December 21, 2014 at their Windsor estate. They have two children – Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John (b. December 25, 2010) and Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John (b. January 11, 2013) via a surrogate mother.
Race / Ethnicity
He has naturally “Yellowish Brown” hair.
But, he has dyed them “Red.”
- Wears Tinted spectacles
- Rich falsetto voice
- Wild stage costumes
- Gapped front (upper) teeth
- Messy hair
- Often wears an earring on right ear
His body measurements like chest, waist, and arms / biceps are not known.
In 2001, he appeared in a print ad for Got Milk?
Elton has appeared in TV commercials for Royal Mail (2001), Diet Coke (1992), Pepsi-Cola (2012), and others.
Elton’s song “Rocket Man” was mentioned in the 2012 Volkswagen Passat commercial.
He hates religion.
In 2010, he even termed Jesus Christ as gay.
Best Known For
His albums and singles such as “Candle In The Wind 1997” released in 1997, etc.
As a solo artist, he released his debut album entitled Empty Sky on June 6, 1969 in UK via DJM Records. It charted at #30 in Canada and at #6 in U.S.
He debuted with the 1975 musical film Tommy where he played the role as The Pinball Wizard.
First TV Show
As an actor, his first appearance was in the TV mini-series Zomercarroussel in 1970 as a performer.
He does not seems to be working out or taking care of his diet.
Elton John Favorite Things
- Food – Grilled raisin bread cheese sandwich
- Singer – Jim Reeves
Elton John Facts
- Elton grew up in his maternal grandparents’ house in Pinner.
- John’s parents married after he turned 6.
- He is the oldest in his home.
- His dad wanted him to become a banker or maybe go into some other profession – but not singing.
- His dad was part of the military band, Bob Millar Band, where he used to play trumpet for military functions.
- In 2013, Elton got his children’s names embedded (in silver sparkle) on his black polished shoes.
- In 1976, he announced himself as bisexual and later in 1988 as gay.
- He has many godchildren including David Beckham‘s sons Brooklyn and Romeo.
- In 2010, Elton called Jesus Christ as “super-intelligent gay man…” for which he received much criticism. Later, in 2014, John said that Jesus Christ would have supported same-sex marriage.
- John was included in the list of “50 Best Dressed British Men” by GQ (Gentlemen’s Quarterly) magazine in 2015.
- He has suffered from eating disorder called bulimia and drug overdose in the past.
- Elton owns and runs “Elton John AIDS Foundation.”
- Since 2004, Elton has opened several shops named “Elton’s Closet,” where you can purchase his second-hand clothes.
- At Christie’s, he sold his one and a half dozen (20) cars in June 2001. He was not getting a chance to drive those cars because he used to stay on tours most of the times.
- Singer Elton John collaborated with lyricist Bernie Taupin in 1967. Bernie writes songs for Elton and they together have worked on more than 30 albums.
- Elton enjoys playing tennis.
- He likes to eat Indian food.
- Elton has epilepsy.
- Visit his official website @ www.eltonjohn.com.
- Connect with Elton on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.