|Monique Coleman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1980|
Monique Coleman is a talented American actress, dancer, singer, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She is popularly known for her character Taylor McKessie from the High School Musical film series where she acted as one of the best friends of Vanessa Hudgens. Monique has also appeared in numerous TV series like Gilmore Girls, Malcolm in the Middle, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Bones, and Downtown Girls. She also participated in the Dancing with the Stars, Season 3 show and finished 4th with partner Louis Van Amstel. Monique is also the creator of Gimme Mo’ talk show. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Adrienne Monique Jordan
Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Monique Coleman studied at the Heathwood Hall Episcopal School in South Carolina. Later, she joined The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago and graduated in BFA in Acting in 2002. Much later in 2012, she also attended the American Farm School in Greece.
Actress, Dancer, Singer, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist
- Mother – Roz Coleman
Monique Coleman is managed by The Gersh Agency, Inc., Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Monique Coleman has dated –
- Corbin Bleu (2005-2009) – In June 2005, Monique started dating actor Corbin Bleu. The pair were cast opposite each other in High School Musical 2 (2007). They dated for almost 4 years before breaking up in 2009.
- Walter Jordan – In 2010, Monique started a relationship with Walter Jordan. The couple dated for 2 years, before tying the knot on Valentine’s Day (February 14) in a private ceremony in Koh Samui, Thailand in 2012. The couple celebrated 9 years of togetherness in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curly hair
- Broad jaws
Monique Coleman has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Baxter Blue
- The Greenprint
- Esquivel Shoes
- Tribe Alive
- Perrier USA
- Yes To, Inc.
- Extra Gum
- Avocado Green Mattress
- Daily Greatness business planner
Best Known For
Her role as Taylor McKessie in Disney’s High School Musical (2006, 2007, and 2008), Mary–Margaret in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (2005-2006), and as Molly in Boston Public (2003–2004)
As a Singer
She has performed several songs in the High School Musical series including “A Night to Remember,” “High School Musical,” “Work This Out,” “What Time Is It?”, “All for One” “We’re All In This Together,” and “Stick to the Status Quo”.
In 2008, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film High School Musical 3: Senior Year as Taylor McKessie.
First TV Show
In 2003, she made her first TV show appearance on the drama series Strong Medicine as Tanya.
In 2010, she made her TV show debut as a voice actress on the animated comedy show The Cleveland Show as Fontaisha.
Monique Coleman had previously trained under Rich and Helene Guzman of the L.A. Rox gym to prepare for the four-mile running leg of the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. The trainers focused on putting her under eight-minute miles running routine. She worked out 90-minutes 3-4 times a week. Her workout routine included 4 miles run on the treadmill alternating with a half-mile walk at an incline, stretching, strength training, and core workout. She did lap swimming and lifted weights twice a week.
As for her diet, she had to maintain 1,600-1,700 calories per day. Following is the sample of her menu per day-
- Breakfast – A protein shake combined with egg-white powder, almond milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Snack – Apple and a handful of almonds
- Lunch – Small chicken breast with asparagus spears along with a small portion salad in non-dairy dressing
- Pre-Dinner Snack – Hummus with celery, jicama and bell peppers, or radishes and carrots
- Dinner – Fish with steamed vegetables and brown rice
Being a fitness freak, Monique works out regularly and usually goes spinning, running, and hiking. She also believes in eating healthy and incorporating greens to her diet.
Monique Coleman Favorite Things
- Quote – “The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be; because of all I may become, I will close my eyes and leap” by Maryanne Radmacher
- Organizations – DoSomething.org, GirlUp.org, PeaceOneDay.org, ShesTheFirst.org, and GlobalKids.org
Monique Coleman Facts
- She is a close friend of Corbin Bleu.
- In 2006, she was cast as a member of the Dancing with the Stars in the season 3 edition along with Louis Van Amstel, finishing 4th in the contest.
- During her appearance on the Dancing with the Stars (2006) show, in round 2, she danced a mambo number to the hit song “Bop to the Top” from the High School Musical (2006).
- On September 8, 2010, she came out with her online talk show Gimme Mo’ with the aim to empower youth.
- She has worked as a writer and executive producer in the Gimme Mo’ series (2018).
- In 2010, she was chosen as the first UN Youth Champion for the “International Year of Youth”, as she focused on raising awareness of the issues faced by the youths in their everyday life.
- If she could trade jobs with anyone in the world, she would do so with Dalai Lama as she loves spending her day teaching peace and compassion.
- The best advice she has ever received is that nothing in “life or death” last forever.
- One person in the world with whom she would love to have a private breakfast or lunch is Ava Duvernay.
- In Hollywood, she is motivated by the business works of Viola Davis, Meryl Streep, Halle Berry, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Previously, she has also worked as Starlight Children’s Foundation StarPower ambassador.
- She has been involved with many charities including Restoring Vision, Upworthy, The Allstate Foundation, and others.
- Her High School Musical character Taylor McKessie always used to wear a headband for the simple reason that the film’s crew didn’t know how to style her hair.
Featured Image by Monique Coleman / Instagram