|Louis Van Amstel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 1972|
Louis Van Amstel is a Dutch-American dancer and choreographer who became widely popular after competing on-and-off in the dance competition show, Dancing with the Stars (2005-Present).
Louis van Amstel
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Louis has dated –
- Joshua Lancaster – He tied the knot with his boyfriend of many years, Joshua Lancaster on January 8, 2017. The couple raises 2 sons together named Daniel and Jonathan, both of whom were adopted.
Race / Ethnicity
- Square face
- Short height
Louis Van Amstel Favorite Things
- Holiday – Christmas
- Hobby – Snow Skiing
- Dancing Partner On Dancing With The Stars – Kelly Osbourne
Source – Us Magazine, YouTube
Louis Van Amstel Facts
- He became an American citizen in 2007.
- Louis was the 1st professional dancer finalized to participate in Dancing with the Stars during its premier season in 2005.
- In 2007, he started his dance fitness program called LaBlast with Lisa Rinna.
- He revealed in 2019 that his son was shamed for having 2 openly-gay fathers by his school’s substitute teacher, who followed it up with a 10-minute-long anti-gay lecture in front of the whole class. Louis further stated that the teacher in question was promptly fired.
- His dream was to be an Air Force pilot.
- Louis was diagnosed with ADHD as a child. He took part in tennis, swimming, skiing, and dancing to deal with his hyperactivity.
- He bears a striking resemblance to the British-Irish comedian and actor, Jimmy Carr.
- During his stint on Dancing with the Stars, Louis was partnered with Trista Sutter, Lisa Rinna, Monique Coleman, Priscilla Presley, Kelly Osbourne, Niecy Nash, Margaret Cho, Kendra Wilkinson, Sabrina Bryan, Paula Deen, Cheryl Ladd, etc.
- At 10, he had started dancing jazz and tap dance forms. In the same year, he also started learning ballroom dancing.
- Amstel was born and raised in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- He was the only original DWTS pro left from Season 1 on Season 31 (premiered in 2022).
- As a child, he was diagnosed with ADD (Attention-Deficit Disorder). His doctor had suggested his mother to put him in as many activities as possible. So, he did swimming, dancing, tennis, and even skiing.
- Before he became popular on Dancing With The Stars (DWTS), he used to give coaching to various professional dancers such as Maksim and Val Chmerkovskiy, Tony Dovolani, Karina Smirnoff, Anna Trebunskaya, Cheryl Burke, Edyta Śliwińska, Alec Mazo, Jonathan Roberts, Elena Grinenko, Ashly Delgrosso, Jenna Johnson, and Brittany Cherry.
- In 2000, he was the national champion in the U.S. along with Karina Smirnoff. They had competed together.
- He uses the products of AlureVe for his skincare.
- He doesn’t believe in dieting. Moreover, he is able to maintain healthy lifestyle by remaining physically active by dancing.
- He generally flies over 250,000 miles (or 402,336 km) annually.
- In 2002, he produced his own Broadway show called Latin Fusion.
- Growing up, he was fatty. Between the age of 8 and 10, he was bullied for being fat.
- He likes to partner with celebrities with little to no dancing experience on DWTS.
- Louis lived in New York City for 7 years when he had shifted base to the United States.
- In 2004, he got to buy his first house which was in Orem, Utah.
- Since 2001, he has given dance coaching at Center Stage Performing Arts Studio in Orem.
- Louis considers himself an emotional eater.
Featured Image by Louis Van Amstel / Instagram