|Jenna Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1994|
Jenna Johnson is an American Latin and ballroom dancer and choreographer who shot to fame as she wrapped-up her journey on the 10th season of So You Think You Can Dance as ladies’ 3rd runner-up. She started dancing at a very young age and has since followed her passion. In 2018, she paired with Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon and participated in the popular dance reality television competition show, Dancing with the Stars, and they later emerged as the season’s winners.
Jenna Michelle Johnson
Provo, Utah, United States
Jenna Johnson went to Timpview High School in her hometown and graduated in 2012.
However, she decided against attending university and instead opted to focus on her dance career.
- Father – Curt Johnson
- Mother – Tamara Jean
- Siblings – Stacy Johnson Bills (Older Sister) (Dancer), Jillian Johnson Zenger (Older Sister) (Dancer), Jason Johnson (Brother), Scott Johnson (Brother), Skyler Johnson (Brother)
- Others – Aleksandr “Sasha” Chmerkovskiy (Father-In-Law), Larisa Chmerkovskaya (Mother-In-Law), Maksim Chmerkovskiy (Brother-In-Law) (Dancer, Instructor, Choreographer), Peta Murgatroyd (Sister-In-Law) (Dancer, Choreographer)
Jenna Johnson has been signed with –
- Danis, Panaro & Nist Talent and Literary Agency
- Talent One, Talent Agency, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency
- Align Public Relations, Publicist
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jenna Johnson has dated –
- Val Chmerkovskiy (2016, 2017-Present) – Jenna dated her fellow Dancing with the Stars choreographer towards the start of 2016. The source of these reports was their loved-up date in Los Angeles in February 2016. In October 2016, it seemed that their relationship had ended as he was spotted having dinner with actress and model Amber Rose. They were holding hands and packing on PDA. They reunited in 2017 and resumed dating again. On June 14, 2018, the couple publicly revealed their engagement on Instagram. The duo got married on April 13, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
35-26-36 in or 89-66-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 6 (US).
In 2016, Jenna Johnson appeared in a TV commercial for the casual dining chain, Applebee’s.
Best Known For
- Having served as a choreographer and professional dancer in the reality TV show, Dancing with the Stars
- Having participated as a contestant in the dance competition show, So You Think You Can Dance
First TV Show
In June 2013, Jenna was first seen on the dance reality show, So You Think You Can Dance.
Running is an integral part of Jenna’s workout. She finds running therapeutic and makes sure that she runs 6 days a week. She gives herself Sundays off so that she can recover. Before she begins her running session, she makes sure that she has stretched her calves and hamstrings.
Her running and walking sessions stretch for about 50 minutes and she relies on interval training to get most out of it. On the treadmill, she starts by walking at 4 and finishes off by walking at the same speed by 11% incline and in between squeezes running intervals.
The body weight and core exercises are done after the running sessions. She starts off with 3 sets of pushups and follows it up with mountain climbers and side planks. After that comes twisties with a weighted ball, medicine ball crunches, and she finishes off with medicine ball pikes.
She has also learned the importance of a disciplined and clean diet. She has understood that no amount of workout can negate the effects of eating three donuts before a workout. And, a healthy diet plan combined with her intense workout routine has helped her shed 40 pounds over two years.
Jenna Johnson Favorite Things
- Heat Protectant Hairspray – LANZA Thermal Defense Spray
- Hairspray – Aussie Headstrong Volume Hairspray
- Texturizing Hairspray – Unite Texturiza Spray
- Curling Iron Brand – Hot Tools Professional
- Color – Black
- Eye Shadow – HUDA Beauty Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette
- Moisturizer – Josie Maran’s Pure Argan MILK
- Foundation – Kevyn Aucoin’s Sensual Skin Enhancer SX04
- Face Powder – bareMinerals BAREPRO powder
- Eyebrow Shaping Products – Brow Zings (palette 4) by Benefit and Anastasia’s Clear Brow Gel
- Contour Product – LORAC PRO Conceal/Contour palette
- Highlighter – Kevyn Aucoin’s Sensual Skin Enhancer SX02
- Eyeliner – Black Truffle
- Eyelashes Brand – Ardell Wispies
- Mascara – Too Faced
- Lip Color Products – Tarte’s Tarteist lip liner, Latergram, and Mac Cosmetics Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour, Burnt Spice.
Source – Instagram
Jenna Johnson Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Provo, Utah.
- Jenna started taking dance lessons at the age of 3.
- She has taken classes and training in ballet, ballroom, jazz, contemporary, and hip-hop.
- She managed to reach the last 8 in the 10th season of the dance competition, So You Think You Can Dance.
- For her 26th, 27th, and 28th seasons of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS), she was paired with Adam Rippon, Joe Amabile, and Karamo Brown respectively.
- She (along with Adam Rippon) was the winner of the DWTS 26th season.
- During the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars in 2020, Jenna was paired with TV host and producer, Nev Schulman. She finished in 2nd place with him.
- Jenna participated in the World Latin Dance Champions in 2012 to represent the United States.
- Jenna is the 5-time winner of the U.S. National Latin Championship and has also been a U.S. National Youth 10 Dance Champion as well as a 3-time National Contemporary Winner.
- She has also appeared on shows like Good Morning America, Larry King Now, To the Pointe with Kristyn Burtt, and others.