|Karamo Brown Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1980|
Karamo Brown is an American television host, reality television personality, activist, and psychotherapist known for his successful career as a host and news reporter. He is the co-founder of 6in10.org, which is an organization dedicated to helping the black community people combat HIV stigma and provide them with mental health support and HIV education. In 2018, Karamo starred in the remake of the 2003 series, Queer Eye which was broadcast on Netflix. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Karamo Karega Brown
Houston, Harris, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 1999, Brown graduated from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
In 2002, he finished his education at Florida Agriculture & Management University with a major in Business Management.
Television Host, Reality Television Personality, Psychotherapist, Activist
- Father – Henry I. Brown
- Mother – Charmaine Marie (née Grant)
- Siblings – He has 3 older siblings.
Karamo is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karamo Brown has dated –
- Ian Jordan (2010-Present) – Director Ian Jordan and Karamo Brown got engaged on May 9, 2018, on the day of Ian’s birthday at Hyde Sunset in Los Angeles. The couple had been in a relationship for 8 years before they got engaged. They have 2 children, Jason Brown and Chris Brown.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Jamaican descent.
- Broad smile
- Thick eyebrows
- Triangle-shaped face
Karamo Brown has used his social media presence to endorse brands like –
- American Express
- Time Out New York
- Netflix US
Best Known For
- His journalistic platforms, including CNN, HLN, and Huffington Post
- Being the first gay black man on reality TV
In 2001, Karamo made his theatrical film debut as a school drummer in The Princess Diaries.
First TV Show
In 2004, Brown made his television show debut on the MTV reality show, The Real World: Philadelphia.
Karamo Brown works out with coach Roody Bonnaig. In order to maintain a lean and muscular body, he works out each section of his body alternatively focusing mainly on his core.
Brown does a lot of freehand exercises such as leg raise, dips, drills, skipping, pushups, and also follows a high fiber and carbohydrate diet to build energy, stamina, and absorb protein from his meals.
Karamo Brown Favorite Things
- Cologne – Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette
- Cap – Los Angeles Dodgers New Era Cap
- Jacket – ASOS Bomber Jacket
- Candles – Biren & Co. Millesime Candle
- Lip Balm – Carmex Moisturizing Original Flavor
- Trimmer – Andis Professional T-Edjer Beard/Hair Trimmer
Source – NY Mag
Karamo Brown Facts
- Brown co-founded a website 6in10.org in 2015 to help combat HIV stigma and provide mental health support and HIV education to the black LGBT community.
- In 1995, at the age of 15, Brown dated a girl in high school who got pregnant but never told him. In 2007, Brown came to know that he had a 10-year-old son Jason when he received a citation for child support.
- Brown adopted his son Jason’s half-brother, Chris Brown in 2010.
- Until Karamo’s children were 18, he did not let them use their phone after 7 o’clock.
- Karamo is a member of the board for Outright International, a leading international LGBTQ organization.
- Karamo worked as a social worker for almost a decade after he graduated in 2002.
- In June 2018, Karamo was on the cover page of Attitude magazine.
- Visit his official website @ karamobrown.com.
Featured Image by Karamo Brown / Instagram