Ellen Lee DeGeneres
Ellen Degeneres, Alde
Metairie, Louisiana, U.S.
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Ellen DeGeneres attended Grace King High School in Metairie, Louisiana for one year. She shifted to and graduated from Atlanta High School in May 1976.
DeGeneres came back to New Orleans after her high school graduation. She intended to graduate from the University of New Orleans with a major in communication studies. However, she left school after only one semester to earn money through her clerical job at a law firm.
Comedian, Television host, Actress, Writer, Producer
- Father – Elliott Everett DeGeneres (Insurance Agent)
- Mother – Elizabeth Jane “Betty” Pfeffer (Speech Therapist)
- Siblings – Vance DeGeneres (Musician and Producer) (Older Brother)
- Others – Roy Gruessendorf (Salesman) (Stepfather)
Ellen DeGeneres is currently attached to ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency), Los Angeles, US.
Observational comedy, deadpan, social satire, surreal humor
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
130 lbs or 59 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ellen DeGeneres has been romantically linked with –
- Teresa Boyd (1995) – The production manager at 5 Points Production, Teresa Boyd had dated the comedian and actress in 1995 for a short span.
- Anne Heche (1997-2000) – The actress had started dating DeGeneres in the year 1997 which garnered a widespread media interest owing to the same sex-relationship issue. They separated in August 2000.
- Alexandra Hedison (2001-2004) – DeGeneres started dating the photographer, director and actress, Hedison in 2001, who is also a lesbian by sexuality. However, after three years of dating, the couple separated in 2004.
- Portia de Rossi (2004–Present) – The Australian actress, model and philanthropist, Portia de Rossi and DeGeneres started dating each other in 2004. The couple got married on August 16, 2008, just a few months after the overturn of the same-sex marriage ban in California. However, their marriage got legalized since they got their marriage registration done before November 4, 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French, English, German, and Irish ancestry.
- Short Hair
- Stand-up comic sense
- Always wears pants and sneakers
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
Ellen DeGeneres has appeared in a number of commercials over the years during her career in Hollywood. She first appeared in the TV commercial of US West Communications (now Qwest) in 1987.
Later, she was featured in TV commercials and voiceover for American Express credit card (2004), both TV and radio commercials for XM satellite radio (2005), TV commercial for Popeye’s chicken, American Express’ Members Project (2007), Covergirl’s Simply Ageless makeup (2009) and “6 AM Sale” and “Coupons in the Old West” for JC Penney (2012).
The actress and TV host has also been seen in the Public Service Announcement (PSA) for The ONE Campaign in 2005.
She has appeared in print ads for American Greetings’ “Cards By Ellen” line of greeting cards (2007), Wyeth’s Advil and Advil PM pain relievers and their Life List contest (2008), Olay’s Simply Ageless makeup (2009-2012), Glaceau Vitamin Water Zero (2010) and Covergirl + Olay’s Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation (2012).
She is the advertising spokesperson for JC Penney.
DeGeneres represents her own line of products on QVC, a home shopping network.
Christian Scientist, but has recently dubbed herself as non-religious.
Best Known For
Ellen DeGeneres is best known for hosting the TV talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show which is airing since 2003.
Earlier, she had been known for her role in popular sitcom Ellen (1994-1998).
Ellen DeGeneres appeared in a short film in 1990 known as Arduous Moon as herself.
Her first role on the big screen was as a coach in the science fiction comedy film Coneheads (1993).
First TV Show
Ellen DeGeneres first appeared on the small screen in 1989 when she appeared in two episodes of Open House (Irish Series) as Margo Van Meter. The series is the spin-off of the Fox series called Duet (1987-1989).
The actress and TV host has been maintaining her charming presence in front of the audience since long. Even in her late fifties, DeGeneres looks quite young for her age. John Pierre is her personal trainer who charts the daily exercise and workouts for her and her wife, Portia de Rossi.
Apart from the daily workouts, Ellen DeGeneres is a vegan and promotes vegan lifestyle on her popular talk show. She also features vegan recipes and promotes “Meatless Mondays” on her show.
Ellen DeGeneres Favorite Things
- Car – Porsche
- Possession – Nak Armstrong Wedding Ring
- Accessory – Vintage Gold Ray Ban Aviators
- Designer – Axel Vervoordt
- Shoes – Saint Laurent Tennis Shoes
- Décor – Petite Chérie Annick Goutal Candles
- Watch – Rolex Daytona
- TV Series – Orange is the new Black
- Food – Pasta Arrabbiata
- Book – Eckhart Tolle’s ‘The Power of Now’
- Shopping Destination – Galerie Half, Obsolete, Blackman Cruz, Lucca Antiques, and Hallworth Design
- Place – Los Angeles
Source – ElleDécor.com
Ellen DeGeneres Facts
- Owing to her humanitarian work, the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton named her a special envoy for the cause of Global AIDS awareness in November 2011.
- She has been promoting non-violence against animals and has supported the cause of PETA. She has served as a campaign ambassador for Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt-A-Turkey project in the year 2010. The aim is to convince people to adopt a turkey instead of eating one on Thanksgiving.
- Forbes listed her as the 50th most powerful woman in the world in 2015. She stands second in the list of World Pride list by the same magazine. Her net worth has also been estimated at US$75 million in 2015 by Forbes.
- As a writer, she has written two books, “My Point… And I Do Have One“, and “The Funny Thing Is…,” both of which has been tagged as New York Times’ bestseller.
- She received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on September 4, 2012 at 6270 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- As a voice artist, DeGeneres had lent her voice to the role of Dory, a fish with short-term memory in the film Finding Nemo (2003).