|Ellen DeGeneres Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1958|
Ellen DeGeneres is an American comedian, television host, actress, writer, voiceover artist, and producer who has gained recognition for her daytime television variety comedy talk show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, on which a number of celebrities have appeared and some of them are Jennifer Aniston, Demi Lovato, John Legend, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, Mila Kunis, Chrissy Teigen, Michelle Obama, Ashton Kutcher, and Jason Bateman. In addition to that, she has been cast in several roles in films and shows like Mr. Wrong, Exploring the Reef with Jean-Michel Cousteau, Finding Dory, The Love Letter, Dr. Dolittle, Finding Nemo, Laurie Hill, Mad About You, Will & Grace, and If These Walls Could Talk 2. Moreover, she was honored with the Golden Globes Carol Burnett Lifetime Achievement Award on January 5, 2020.
Ellen Lee DeGeneres
Ellen Degeneres, Alde
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Ellen DeGeneres attended Grace King High School in Metairie, Louisiana for one year. She shifted to and graduated from Atlanta High School in May 1976.
DeGeneres came back to New Orleans after her high school graduation. She intended to graduate from the University of New Orleans with a major in communication studies. However, she left school after only one semester to earn money through her clerical job at a law firm.
Comedian, Television host, Actress, Writer, Producer
- Father – Elliott Everett DeGeneres (Insurance Agent)
- Mother – Elizabeth Jane “Betty” Pfeffer (Speech Therapist, LGBT Rights Activist)
- Sibling – Vance DeGeneres (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian, Musician, Film Producer, Screenwriter)
- Others – Elliott Everett DeGeneres (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Elodie Martin (Paternal Grandmother), William Dick Pfeffer (Maternal Grandfather), Mildred Morrill (Maternal Grandmother), Roy Gruessendorf (Stepfather) (Salesman), Helen (Maternal Aunt), Audrey (Maternal Aunt)
Ellen DeGeneres is currently attached to ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency), Los Angeles, California, United States.
Observational comedy, deadpan, social satire, surreal humor, anti-humor
American culture, pop culture, sexuality, current events
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ellen DeGeneres has been romantically linked with –
- Kat Perkoff (1978-1980) – She was in a relationship with Kat Perkoff who tragically passed away in a car accident in 1980. Perkoff was 23 years old at the time.
- Teresa Boyd (1995) – The production manager at 5 Points Production, Teresa Boyd had dated the comedian and actress in 1995 for a short span.
- Anne Heche (1997-2000) – The actress had started dating DeGeneres in the year 1997 which garnered widespread media interest owing to the same sex-relationship issue. They separated in August 2000.
- Alexandra Hedison (2001-2004) – DeGeneres started dating the photographer, director, and actress, Hedison in 2001, who is also a lesbian by sexuality. However, after three years of dating, the couple separated in 2004.
- Portia de Rossi (2004–Present) – The Australian actress, model, and philanthropist, Portia de Rossi and DeGeneres started dating each other in 2004. The couple got married on August 16, 2008, just a few months after the overturn of the same-sex marriage ban in California. However, their marriage got legalized since they got their marriage registration done before November 4, 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Cajun/French, English, Irish, German, Dutch, and Swiss-German ancestry.
- Short Hair
- Stand-up comic sense
- Always wears pants and sneakers
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Ellen DeGeneres has appeared in a number of commercials over the years during her career in Hollywood. She first appeared in the TV commercial of US West Communications (now Qwest) in 1987.
Later, she was featured in TV commercials and voiceover for American Express credit card (2004), both TV and radio commercials for XM satellite radio (2005), TV commercial for Popeye’s chicken, American Express’ Members Project (2007), Covergirl’s Simply Ageless makeup (2009) and “6 AM Sale” and “Coupons in the Old West” for JC Penney (2012).
The actress and TV host has also been seen in the Public Service Announcement (PSA) for The ONE Campaign in 2005.
She has appeared in print ads for American Greetings’ “Cards By Ellen” line of greeting cards (2007), Wyeth’s Advil and Advil PM pain relievers and their Life List contest (2008), Olay’s Simply Ageless makeup (2009-2012), Glaceau Vitamin Water Zero (2010) and Covergirl + Olay’s Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation (2012).
She is the advertising spokesperson for JC Penney.
DeGeneres represents her own line of products on QVC, a home shopping network.
She grew up as a Christian Scientist but has later dubbed herself as non-religious.
Best Known For
Ellen DeGeneres is best known for hosting the TV talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show which is airing since 2003.
Earlier, she had been known for her role in the popular sitcom Ellen (1994-1998).
Ellen DeGeneres appeared in a short film in 1990 known as Arduous Moon as herself.
Her first role on the big screen was as a coach in the science fiction comedy film Coneheads (1993).
First TV Show
Ellen DeGeneres first appeared on the small screen in 1989 when she appeared in two episodes of Open House (Irish Series) as Margo Van Meter. The series is the spin-off of the Fox series called Duet (1987-1989).
The actress and TV host has been maintaining her charming presence in front of the audience for several years. Even in her late fifties, DeGeneres looks quite young for her age. John Pierre is her personal trainer who charts the daily exercise and workouts for her and her wife, Portia de Rossi.
Apart from the daily workouts, Ellen DeGeneres is a vegan and promotes a vegan lifestyle on her popular talk show. She also features vegan recipes and promotes “Meatless Mondays” on her show.
Ellen DeGeneres Favorite Things
- Car – Porsche
- Possession – Nak Armstrong Wedding Ring
- Accessory – Vintage Gold Ray Ban Aviators
- Designer – Axel Vervoordt
- Shoes – Saint Laurent Tennis Shoes
- Décor – Petite Chérie Annick Goutal Candles
- Watch – Rolex Daytona
- TV Series – Orange is the new Black
- Food – Pasta Arrabbiata
- Book – Eckhart Tolle’s ‘The Power of Now’
- Shopping Destination – Galerie Half, Obsolete, Blackman Cruz, Lucca Antiques, and Hallworth Design
- Place – Los Angeles
Source – ElleDécor.com
Ellen DeGeneres Facts
- Owing to her humanitarian work, the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton named her a special envoy for the cause of Global AIDS awareness in November 2011.
- Her stepfather molested her when she was 15 or 16 years old.
- She has been promoting non-violence against animals and has supported the cause of PETA. She has served as a campaign ambassador for Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt-A-Turkey project in the year 2010. The aim is to convince people to adopt a turkey instead of eating one on Thanksgiving.
- Forbes listed her as the 50th most powerful woman in the world in 2015. She stood second in the list of World Pride list by the same magazine. Her net worth was estimated at US$75 million in 2015 by Forbes.
- As a writer, she has written two books, “My Point… And I Do Have One“, and “The Funny Thing Is…,” both of which have been tagged as New York Times’ bestsellers.
- She received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on September 4, 2012, at 6270 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- In 2017, Ellen purchased a 6,700 square feet ranch called Rancho San Leandro in Montecito, California for $7.2 million and she sold it in 2018 for $11 million. In May 2021, she bought the same property back for $14.3 million. In 2021, the neighboring properties were owned by Oprah Winfrey, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Tyler Perry, and Rob Lowe.
- As a voice artist, DeGeneres had lent her voice to the role of Dory, a fish with short-term memory in the film Finding Nemo (2003).
- She received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2016.
- As per Forbes, her net worth was estimated at $370 million in 2020.
- In 2020, she was included in the “America’s Self-Made Women” list compiled by Forbes.
- For Halloween 2020, Ellen dressed up as a nurse (with a superhero symbol on the front).
- During the 2020 E! People’s Choice Awards, she had won the Daytime Talk Show of 2020 award for her contribution as a talk show host of The Elle DeGeneres Show.
- In December 2020, Ellen and her wife Portia de Rossi bought a 4.3-acre compound in Montecito, California, for $49 million. The compound was near Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s house.
- She announced that she had tested positive for COVID-19 in December 2020.
- With $84 million in earnings, Ellen was the 12th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In March 2021, Ellen listed her Beverly Hills-based 10,376 square foot mansion for $53.5 million. She initially, bought the property in 2019 for almost $45 million from Adam Levine. It was later revealed that she had sold the property for $47 million.
- In May 2021, Ellen was living with Courtney Cox because she had sold her Beverly Hills-based home.
- In March 2021, she signed a multi-year deal with Discovery Channel to create natural history content for the channel.
- In March 2021, it was revealed that due to toxic workplace controversy, The Ellen DeGeneres Show had lost over 1 million viewership since September 2020. After downfall, in March 2021, the viewership was nearly 1.5 million. Later in May 2021, she was quitting the show after anchoring 19 seasons due to toxic workplace allegations.
- In June 2021, Ellen had purchased a bungalow in Santa Barbara for $2.9 million.
- In August 2021, Ellen had added another house for $8.5 million in Beverly Hills. The house was “fixer-upper”, meaning it required repair work. It was a 4,614 square feet house with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.