Maksim Aleksandrovich Chmerkovskiy
Odessa, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
Dancer, choreographer, instructor
- Father – Aleksandr Chmerkovskiy
- Mother – Larisa Chmerkovskiy
- Siblings – Valentin Chmerkovskiy (Younger Brother) (Dance Champion)
Maksim is signed to these talent agencies –
- Rebel Entertainment Partners
- Grinya Talent Agency
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Maksim Chmerkovskiy dated –
- Elena Grinenko – Maks was romantically linked to another Russian pro dancer Elena Grinenko in the past.
- Karina Smirnoff (2008-2009) – Maks dated fellow Ukrainian dancer Karina for more than a year from June 2008 until September 2009. During this time, they also engaged each other on New Year’s eve on December 31, 2008 in Las Vegas. They met for the first time during the reality dance competition show “Dancing With The Stars”.
- Peta Murgatroyd (2012-2013; 2014-Present) – Maks dated New Zealand based dancer Peta for 10 months from April 2012 to February 2013 after meeting her on the set of DWTS (Dancing With The Stars). Maks is 7 years her senior. They are dating ON and OFF since 2012. The couple again started dating in October 2014 and got engaged on December 5, 2015. The duo has a son Shai Aleksander (b. January 4, 2017) together.
- Kate Upton (2013) – Chmerkovskiy dated American supermodel Kate Upton from June 2013 to December 2013. Upton is 13 years his junior.
- Jennifer Lopez (2014) – He was RUMORed to be dating American singer Jennifer Lopez in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Temperamental moods, and angry fits during rehearsals
Maksim Chmerkovskiy’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
In 2006, Maksim appeared in a television commercial as a ballroom dance competitor for Jared The Galleria of Jewelry with Alec Mazo, Edyta Sliwinska, and Shalene Archer Ermis.
Maksim’s dad is Jewish and mom is a Christian.
Best Known For
Being a TV celebrity and having an impressive career as a choreographer in ABC’s Dancing With The Stars.
First TV Show
In 2006, he appeared for the first time in ABC’s dance reality show Dancing With The Stars as a choreographer. Since that time, he has appeared in more than 200 episodes.
Before an intense competition, he does a carb overload. Like, Maks would eat lots of pasta for a week. This is because he is able to burn all those calories, he intakes.
His top stretching move – Side Lateral Stretch
Maksim Chmerkovskiy Favorite Things
- Physical Feature in a Woman – Feet
Source – TV.com
Maksim Chmerkovskiy Facts
- Maks started dancing at the age of four.
- Maksim suffered a childhood skiing accident and broke his leg. He had very high chances of being handicapped for the rest of his life.
- He is the owner of Rising Stars Dance Academy (RSDA). Apart from this, he also owns three more dance studios in New York City.
- As a child, he wanted to be an athlete – a soccer player or a swimmer.
- He finished first in the DWTS’ season 18 when he was partnered with figure skater Meryl Davis.
- He is the owner of the company “Maksim Chmerkovskiy Productions”.