Peta Jane Murgatroyd
Auckland, New Zealand
She has a brother.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Peta Murgatroyd dated –
- Damian Whitewood – Australian dancers Peta and Damian dated each other for long five years in the past.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy (2012-2013; 2014-Present) – Peta dated Ukrainian dancer Maksim for 10 months from April 2012 to February 2013. He is 7 years her senior. They are dating ON and OFF since 2012. They again started dating in October 2014 and got engaged on December 5, 2015. They have a son together, named, Shai Aleksander who was born on January 4, 2017.
- Brant Daugherty (2013) – After splitting with Maksim, Murgatroyd turned to American actor, Brant Daugherty in September 2013 and they both dated until December 2013.
- James Maslow (2014) – Peta and James met on the set of the dancing show, Dancing With The Stars in January 2014 and started dating. They were partnered in the season 18 of this show. During their tenure of pairing on the show (which was until May 2014), they were RUMORed to be dating together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Peta is one of the tallest lady pro dancers.
- Killer legs
36-25-34 in or 91.5-63.5-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
Best Known For
Appearing as a dance partner/choreographer on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars since 2011.
First TV Show
Murgatroyd first appeared in ABC’s reality dance competition show, Dancing with the Stars in 2011 in its season 13.
Being a pro dancer, her biggest all-time way to achieve fitness is dancing.
She has also used Freshology’s Getslim with the Stars diet program before the start of DWTS to look more fit in the show.
She drinks plenty of water and this is one the reasons of her glowing skin. Peta also drinks lots of water before her performance on stage. She also eats those fruits, which have more water content in it such as watermelon, pineapple, and berries, etc. You may want to see the dancer’s diet.
Peta Murgatroyd Facts
- She was born in New Zealand, but relocated to Australia, when she was just 18 months old.
- Peta considers herself an Australian rather than New Zealander. So, we can call her as an Aussie dancer.
- Peta is trained in classical ballet. She started taking ballet lessons at the age of four.
- She is the winner of Dancing With The Stars season 14 when she was partnered with Donald Driver.
- She is the co-founder of The Murgalo.
- Peta received formal training for 12 years from Madame Lubov Nikonorenko (former principal dancer of the Kirov Ballet).
- She joined Burn the Floor in 2004 and in the later years, she became its lead female dancer.