|Aston Merrygold Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 13, 1988|
|Spouse||Sarah Louise Richards|
Aston Merrygold is an English singer, dancer, actor, and television personality who rose to fame as a member of the boy band, JLS (2006-2013; 2020-Present). Other members of the band include Marvin Humes, Oritsé Williams, and JB Gill. The group is best remembered for their chart-topping singles Beat Again and Everybody in Love. After JLS disbanded in 2013, Aston found success as a lead artist with songs such as Get Stupid, I Ain’t Missing You, One Night in Paris, Trudy, etc.
Aston Iain Merrygold
AM, Lil Man
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom
Aston was educated at the Jack Hunt School located in his hometown of Peterborough.
Singer, Dancer, Actor, Television Personality
- Mother – Siobhan Merrygold
Aston has been represented by Logan Media Entertainment.
R&B, Dance, Pop, Soul, Hip Hop
- RCA Records
- Jive Records
- Warner Records
- Epic Records
- Sony Music
- J Records
- BMG Rights Management
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aston Merrygold has dated –
- Louisa Lytton (2006-2007)
- Noirin Kelly (2009) – RUMOR
- Emma Catherine Rigby (2012)
- Sarah Louise Richards – Aston and Sarah Louise Richards officially became husband and wife on October 3, 2022. The couple is blessed with 2 sons named Grayson Jax Merrygold (b. January 30, 2018) and Macaulay Shay Merrygold (b. June 5, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He has Jamaican ancestry on his father’s side and is of Irish descent on his mother’s side.
- Short height
- He wears ear studs.
- Multiple tattoos on his body, including one of Michael Jackson
Aston Merrygold has endorsed or promoted brands such as –
- Nintendo Wii Party
- Walkers Crisps
- R Carter
- Cancer Research UK
- Rays of Sunshine
- MS Society
Aston Merrygold Favorite Things
- TV Show – Grey’s Anatomy
- Films – Rush Hour 2 (2001), The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
Source – Spin1038.com
Aston Merrygold Facts
- He and his JLS bandmates competed in season 5 of the reality series X Factor in 2008. His band emerged as the runner-up of the season behind winner Alexandra Burke.
- Aston is a supporter of the Arsenal Football Club.
- In 2017, he appeared as a contestant on the 15th series of Strictly Come Dancing with partner Janette Manrara. However, his journey ended on November 5, 2017, as he was the 6th contestant to be eliminated from the show that season.
- Aston enjoys listening to artists like Chris Brown, Usher, Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Boyz II Men, etc.
- His role model is Michael Jackson.
- He was born on the same date as another English boy band member, Robbie Williams. Williams, however, was born on February 13, 1974, and is 14 years older than Aston.
- The first song he ever remembers hearing is Michael Jackson’s Music and Me at the age of 4 or 5 years.
- The song that he would like played at his funeral is Everybody in Love by his own band, JLS.
- The first concert Aston ever attended was a Justin Timberlake concert.
Featured Image by Aston Merrygold / Instagram