|Barry Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1954|
Barry Williams is an American actor and singer who is popularly known for his role as Greg Brady, the oldest of the Brady sons on ABC’s hit series The Brady Bunch.
Barry William Blenkhorn
The Brady Bunch Kid
- Father – Frank Millar Blenkhorn
- Mother – Doris May Moore
- Siblings – Craig Blenkhorn (Brother), Scott Blenkhorn (Brother)
- Others – Ernest Blenkhorn (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret Millar (Paternal Grandmother), Stanley Horace Moore (Maternal Grandfather), Nona R. Rood (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Amsel, Eisenstadt & Frazier & Hinojosa Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 169 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Barry Williams has dated –
- Maureen McCormick (1969-1974)
- Diane Martin (1990-1992)
- Eila Mary Matt (1999-2005)
- Tina Mahina (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and German ancestry.
- Greek Nose
- Thick Eyebrows
He has endorsed brands and companies such as –
- Mohegan Sun
- Airborne Cold Medicine
Barry Williams Facts
- He grew up in Pacific Palisades, California, United States, where actor Peter Graves was his neighbor.
- As a child, he was sure that he really wanted to be an actor. In 1967, he made his television debut in a Christmas episode of Dragnet 1967.
- Though he has played a ton of roles both in movies and TV shows, his most popular role was the Greg Brady portrayal on The Brady Bunch.
- Before formally joining the cast of The Brady Bunch, he had continued to be a cast in guest roles on various television series including Adam-12 (1969), The Invaders (1968), That Girl (1968), Mission: Impossible (1970), The Mod Squad (1968), Here Come the Brides (1969), Gomer Pyle USMC (1968), and Bartleby, the Scrivener.
- Not long after the cancellation of The Brady Bunch in 1974, he also became involved in musical theatre and began touring with productions such as Grease, The Sound of Music, and West Side Story.
- In 1988, he appeared on Broadway in the musical Romance/Romance with Tony Award-nominee Alison Fraser. He took over the lead role of “Alfred/Sam” when Scott Bakula left the production.
- He has appeared in various Brady Bunch TV movie reunions including the 1988 Christmas movie, A Very Brady Christmas.
- In 1989, he was honored by the Young Artist Foundation with its “Former Child Star Achievement” Award for his role as Greg Brady.
- His 1992 autobiography, Growing Up Brady: I Was A Teenage Greg, co-written with Chris Kreski, was a New York Times bestseller and was adapted into a 2000 TV movie titled Growing Up Brady starring Adam Brody as Williams.
- In 2000, he sang a parody of Eminem‘s The Real Slim Shady called The Real Greg Brady, which was co-written by David Brody and Jay Gilbert.
- He briefly appeared as an audience member in the 2002 music video of Peter Gabriel’s song, The Barry Williams Show. The song is about a fictional Jerry Springer-like talk show host, not the actor. He later revealed that he actually didn’t know of the Brady Bunch star when he was writing the song.
- He has made multiple appearances at the World’s Largest Disco in Buffalo, New York, where he discos his heart out.
- From 2001 to 2002, he portrayed Manager Dean “The Machine” Strickland in 13 episodes of the hit TV sitcom, Hollywood 7 featuring British pop group S Club 7.
Featured Image by Nightscream / Wikimedia / CC-BY-3.0