|Maureen McCormick Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1956|
Maureen McCormick is a renowned American actress, singer, and author. She is known for her roles in Pony Express Rider, Moonshine County Express, The Idolmaker, The Million Dollar Kid, Snow White: A Deadly Summer, Lift Me Up, Big Baby, The Brady Bunch, The Brady Bunch Hour, The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, The Brady Brides, and Nightmare Next Door.
Maureen Denise McCormick
Encino, Los Angeles, California, United States
Westlake Village, Los Angeles, California, United States
Maureen McCormick studied at the Taft High School in Woodland Hills, California.
Actress, Singer, Author
- Father – William McCormick (Teacher)
- Mother – Irene McCormick
- Siblings – Michael McCormick (Older Brother), Dennis McCormick (Older Brother), Kevin McCormick (Older Brother)
- Others – Joseph McCormick (Paternal Grandfather), Theodore Xavier Beckman (Maternal Grandfather), Helen Christine Fischer (Maternal Grandmother)
Maureen McCormick is managed by Sovereign Talent Group, Talent Agency, Westwood, California, United States.
Phantom Hill Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maureen McCormick has dated –
- Barry Williams (1969-1974) – In 1969, Maureen began a relationship with actor Barry Williams. They were cast together in the popular show The Brady Bunch (1969). The pair separated in 1974.
- Michael Jackson (1973) – In 1973, Maureen had a brief encounter with singer and musician Michael Jackson.
- Steve Martin (1976) – In 1976, Maureen was briefly involved with actor Steve Martin.
- Steve Guttenberg (1983) – In 1983, Maureen had a short relationship with actor Steve Guttenberg.
- Michael Cummings (1984-Present) – In 1984, Maureen started a relationship with actor Michael Cummings. The couple met in a church and soon fell in love. Later, on March 16, 1985, the couple tied the knot. They are blessed with a daughter, Natalie Michelle (b. May 19, 1989). The couple still shares a blissful marriage life.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish, Irish, and English ancestry on her father’s side and German ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Long squared chin
- Prominent cheeks
Maureen McCormick has endorsed and appeared in commercials for brands like –
- Kool-Aid drink mix
- Mattel Living Barbie doll
- Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
Best Known For
Her role as Marcia Brady in the popular 60s TV show The Brady Bunch (1969-1974) including its numerous spin-offs like The Brady Bunch Hour (1976–77) as Marcia Brady, and The Brady Brides (1981) as Marcia Brady Logan
On April 4, 1995, she released her debut studio album titled When You Get a Little Lonely under her brother’s record label Phantom Hill Records.
In 1969, she made her first theatrical film appearance in the romantic drama film The Arrangement. However, she was uncredited for her role.
In 1976, she made her formal theatrical film debut in the Western film Pony Express Rider as Rose of Sharon.
In 1971, she lent her voice for the role of a Talking Doll in the comedy film Cold Turkey. She remains uncredited for her role.
First TV Show
In 1964, she made her first TV show appearance in the family fantasy comedy series Bewitched as Little Endora. However, it wasn’t until much later in 1965 that she received due credit for her role.
In March 1965, she made her formal TV debut in the comedy series The Farmer’s Daughter as Christine.
On September 9, 1972, she made her debut as a voice actress in the animated adventure comedy series The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie as Marcia Brady. On the same day, she lent her voice to the character of Marcia Brady in The Brady Kids.
Maureen McCormick had struggled with weight control earlier in her life. Trainer Juliet Kaska devised a healthy weight loss program for helping her reach her ideal weight. Maureen goes for an hour-long run every morning to maintain her weight.
As for her diet, she eats everything in moderation including chocolates.
Maureen McCormick Favorite Things
- Moments Of The Brady Bunch – When the fictional family goes traveling.
Source – Palm Beach Post
Maureen McCormick Facts
- Her mother, Irene, died in 2004, after battling cancer for 3 years, leaving a profound impact on Maureen.
- In 2007, she appeared in the country singer, Brad Paisley‘s music video “Online” alongside Jason Alexander, also featuring other actors like Estelle Harris, Patrick Warburton, and William Shatner.
- She has portrayed the role of Marcia Brady in 6 different series namely, The Brady Bunch (1969-1974), The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie (1972), The Brady Kids (1972), The Brady Bunch Variety Hour (1976-1977), The Brady Brides (1981), and Day by Day (1989).
- On October 14, 2008, she released an autobiography titled “Here’s the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice” through HarperCollins, debuting at #4 on The New York Times bestseller list.
- With the increase of her popularity, Maureen suffered from addictions to cocaine and Quaaludes which later led to depression and bulimia making her an unreliable actress in the industry during that phase.
- Her advice to all struggling with drug addiction is to stay away from friends who are under the influence.
- She’s also appeared in numerous reality TV shows including VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club (2007), CMT‘s Gone Country (2008), the Australian version of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! (2015), and Dancing with the Stars (2016).
- She once feared that she would contract syphilis as her grandmother died of the disease and her mother too got infected by the same disease in her uterus.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by cesariojpn / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0