|William Shatner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1931|
William Shatner is a Canadian actor, voiceover artist, author, producer, director, screenwriter, and singer who is best known for playing the iconic role of Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek franchise. Over the years, he has received multiple accolades and honors and was appointed an Officer of the Order of Canada by Canadian Governor General Julie Payette in 2019.
Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied at Willingdon Elementary School and West Hill High School. Afterward, he attended the McGill University Faculty of Management in Montreal, Canada, and studied Economics, graduating with a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
He was awarded an honorary Doctorate of Letters by McGill University in June 2011 and received an honorary Doctor of Letters from the New England Institute of Technology in May 2018.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Author, Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Singer
- Father – Joseph Shatner (Clothing Manufacturer)
- Mother – Ann (née Garmaise)
- Siblings – Joy Shatner (Sister), Farla Shatner (Sister)
- Others – Wolf Schattner (Paternal Grandfather), Fruma/Frima Freyda Lecker (Paternal Grandmother), Yaakov/Jacob J. Garmaise (Maternal Grandfather), Yetta Kahn (Maternal Grandmother)
William Shatner has been signed with 455 Films, Production Company, Hollywood, California, United States.
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
William Shatner has dated –
- Gloria Rand (1956-1969) – He got married to actress Gloria Rand (née Rabinowitz) on August 12, 1956, and they were blessed with 3 daughters, namely, Leslie Carol Shatner (b. in 1958), Lisabeth Shatner (b. in 1960), and Melanie Shatner (b. in 1964). She divorced him in March 1969 after he left her while working in Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Joan Collins (1967) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with English actress, author, and columnist Joan Collins in 1967. The duo worked together in Star Trek (1966).
- Nancy Kovack (1968-1969) – He had a short-termed romance with American actress Nancy Kovack from 1968 to March 1969.
- Celeste Yarnall (1971) – In the year 1971, he hooked up with American actress Celeste Yarnall.
- Marcy Lafferty (1972-1996) – In February 1972, he began dating American actress Marcy Lafferty, the daughter of producer Perry Lafferty, and the couple married in 1973. However, they eventually divorced in 1996.
- Angie Dickinson (1973-1974) – Shatner reportedly went out with American actress Angie Dickinson between 1973 and 1974.
- Kirstie Alley (1980) – It was RUMORed that he had an encounter with American actress, producer, model, and television personality Kirstie Alley in 1980.
- Vera Montez (1994-1996) – From 1994 to 1996, he was linked with Vera Montez.
- Nerine Kidd (1997-1999) – He married Nerine Kidd in 1997 and they remained together until her death in 1999. She was 40 years old at the time of her death and Shatner returned home around 10 p.m. on August 9, 1999, to discover Nerine’s body at the bottom of their backyard swimming pool.
- Elizabeth Martin (2001-2019) – He then married American horse-trainer Elizabeth Anderson Martin in 2001 but he filed for divorce from Elizabeth in 2019 and the divorce was finalized in January 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Shatner is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Dramatic narration
- Radio disc jockey voice
William Shatner has been a part of commercials for Molson Canadian Beer, Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal, Crest White Effects Toothpaste, Microsoft’s “WEB TV”, Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Promise Margarine, VW Golf Automobile, and others.
He was raised in a Conservative Jewish household.
William Shatner Favorite Things
- Episode From Star Trek: The Original Series (1966) – Star Trek: The Original Series: The Devil in the Dark
Source – IMDb
William Shatner Facts
- All of his 4 grandparents were Jewish immigrants and it was his paternal grandfather, Wolf Schattner, who anglicized the family name to “Shatner”.
- On May 19, 1983, William Shatner received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6901 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Some of his friends include Betty White, Dick Clark, Frank Sinatra, Regis Philbin, Shirley Jones, Florence Henderson, Reese Witherspoon, and Leonard Nimoy.
- Shatner suffers from tinnitus, the perception of sound when no corresponding external sound is present.
- His hobbies include horseback riding and playing tennis.
- He is fluent in both English and French.
Featured Image by Super Festivals / Flickr / CC BY 2.0