|Kirstie Alley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1951|
|Date of Death||December 5, 2022|
Kirstie Alley was an American actress who was best known for portraying roles such as Rebecca Howe in Cheers, Jessie Bannister in Madhouse, Ingrid Hoffel in Scream Queens, Maddie Banks in Kirstie, Rose Marie Clericuzio in The Last Don, and Veronica Chase in Veronica’s Closet. She had also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Champions, Summer School, Shoot to Kill, Look Who’s Talking, Sibling Rivalry, For Richer or Poorer, Accidental Love, Match Game, Masquerade, North and South, The Hitchhiker, Flesh ‘n’ Blood, Dharma & Greg, While I Was Gone, The King of Queens, The Goldbergs, and many more. During the course of her career, Kirstie had been honored with several awards such as the Golden Globe Award, People’s Choice Award, and Primetime Emmy Award.
Kirstie Louise Alley
Kirstie Alley was born on January 12, 1951.
Kirstie Alley died on December 5, 2022, at the age of 71 after a short battle with cancer.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
In 1969, Kirstie graduated from Wichita Southeast High School. In 1969, Kirstie also went to Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas but dropped out.
Actress, comedian, spokesmodel
- Father – Robert Deal Alley (Owner of a lumber company)
- Mother – Lillian Mickie (née Heaton) (Homemaker) (Died in 1981)
- Siblings – Colette Alley (Sister), Craig Alley (Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
69 kg or 152 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kirstie Alley dated –
- Bob Alley (1969-1977) – Kirstie met a distant cousin Bob Alley in high school and started dating him. They got married in 1970. Because their career paths separated, the couple split and got divorced in 1977.
- William Shatner (1980) – RUMOR
- Parker Stevenson (1981-1997) – Actor Parker Stevenson and Kirstie commenced dating in May 1981. They married on December 22, 1983. But, after nearly 14 years of marriage, the couple divorced in September 1997. During their married life, the couple welcomed two children, son William True (b. 1992) and daughter Lillie Price (b. 1994).
- James Wilder (1997-1999) – In 1997, Kirstie started dating film and TV actor, James Wilder. They also got engaged in the same year. But after two years, the engagement was called off in 1999.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sparkling green eyes
- Voluptuous figure
- Deep sultry voice
39-29-38 in or 99-74-96.5 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She had appeared in commercials for Pantene Pro-V Shampoo (1995), Pier 1 Imports (2001, 2002, 2003), Jenny Craig weight loss programs (2005), etc.
In 1988, she was seen in print ads for Cuervo Gold tequila.
But, she was raised as a “Methodist.”
Best Known For
Playing Rebecca Howe (formerly Howe-Santry) in the NBC sitcom Cheers from 1987 to 1993. In 1991, she also won 2 awards (Emmy and Golden Globe) for her outstanding performance.
In 1982, Kirstie appeared in the science fiction film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan in 1982 for her supporting role as Lt. Saavik.
First TV Show
In 1979, Kirstie appeared in the NBC TV panel game show Match Game as herself.
In late 2003, Kirstie started gaining weight. She had worked as a spokesperson from 2004 to 2007 for Jenny Craig due to which she lost 34 kg (75 pounds).
Though after 2 years in 2009, she gained 38 kilograms.
In 2010, Kirstie founded a fitness company Organic Liaison and started using its weight loss products. In September 2011, Kirstie lost 45 kg using her own Organic Liaison’s weight loss products and some exercising.
In January 2015, Alley again reported that she lost 23 kg due to Jenny Craig’s weight loss program.
Kirstie Alley Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken fettuccine, chocolate brownies
- Artists – John Singer Sargent, Édouard Manet, Mark Rothko
- Candle – Aunt Sadie’s (in lemonade or lilac)
Kirstie Alley Facts
- Kirstie lost her mom in a car accident caused by a drunk driver in 1981.
- Alley wanted to work as an interior designer in Los Angeles.
- Kirstie had a fear of flying.
- She was John Travolta’s best female friend. Alley was very good friends with Oprah Winfrey.
- John Travolta was the greatest love of her life.
- In 1979, in the Match Game show, she won $500 in the first round and $5500 in the second round.
- In November 1995, Kirstie was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Kirstie purchased a 5,200 sq ft mansion for $1.5 million in Clearwater, Florida from Lisa Marie Presley in May 2000.
- Kirstie’s first husband shared the same surname as her, i.e. “Alley.”
- In 2011, she participated in the 12th season of Dancing with the Stars and secured 2nd place in the competition.
- Kirstie founded a weight loss company called “Organic Liaison” in 2010 which was purchased by Jenny Craig in 2014.
- She was a cheerleader in high school.
- She liked the performances of Jamie Foxx (actor, singer) and Prince (singer).
- During the 2020 Presidential Election, she had supported Joe Biden.
- People sometimes confused Kristen Johnston with Kirstie Alley. In October 2020, Kristen publicly tweeted to let her fans know to stop confusing her with Kirstie.
- She could not eat black-eyed peas.
- Kirstie always took a window seat while flying in an airplane.
- Her biggest pet peeve was those people who ate with their mouths open.
- She found unmarried men over 45 perverts. Hence, she didn’t go out with them.
- If she didn’t use eyeliner, she felt lost.
- She found the word f–k lovely.
- Kirstie was afraid of saltwater crocodiles.
- Her purses were cheaper than the shoes which she used to wear.
- She preferred texting (but not emailing) rather than talking on the phone.
- She felt bad (as if she would die) for a month after watching the horror movie Get Out (2017).
- She was non-vegetarian.
- She preferred her sheets to be wrinkle-free cotton.
- Kirstie would rather watch the 20/20 show than get laid.