Daniel Craig Workout Routine Diet Plan for Skyfall
Very few actors who have been a part of the James Bond franchise have been able to portray the secret agent as a muscular guy. None actually, until Daniel Craig came along and completely changed the image of James Bond 007. His physique adds to his confidence that is why even the 21st-century generation audience has liked him. Well!! if you too want to look like Daniel and be as fit and muscular as him, then sure you have come to the right place. Just read ahead and discover Bond’s secret.
According to British actor and co-star of Craig Naomi Harris:
”I can’t say that. But I do see him with his top off, which is very nice. One of the perks of the job, he worked out for two hours every day after filming. Two hours. And we did really long days, so he’s super-super-fit. He’s a real Bond in real life – very physical, capable and energetic.”
Daniel Craig Workout Routine
- Serious Warm-Ups: Daniel’s warm exercises are itself a huge task. He did rowing as a part of gearing up for his workout sessions. Rowing 300m at half his energy capacity and then again 300m at three-fourths his energy capacity allowed him to not get tired before the actual workouts.
- Planning a Daily Routine and Mixing It Up: Setting up a plan is very important. Daniel did that just to build his body. He set up a daily plan with specific exercises every day including weekends. Most of the exercises focused on the development of the upper body apart from stamina and endurance. To know more about Daniel and his workout regime, you can visit several websites that are providing detailed info about his exercise regime and you will note that Daniel makes it a point to combine different exercises.
- Dedication: If there is one thing Simon Waterson, Daniel’s personal trainer, has to appreciate about Daniel, it’s that he has oodles of commitment to getting a fit and muscular body. Simon says,
“Luckily Dan was not shirking when it came to hard work, so I devised a program that had diversity and would suit the role of Bond, pushing him to his limits and beyond”.
- Quick and Short: Daniel kept all his workouts intense. He took no rests and did more reps in fewer sets. This allowed him to go from having a lean body to a muscular one. Following such a workout will not only increase stamina but also improve hand-eye coordination and overall endurance.
Daniel Craig Diet Plan
- Dedication…..Again!: Daniel says,” I gave up smoking and exercised 5 times a week. At weekends I ate and drank what I liked.” No one is born perfect and hence even Daniel had to sacrifice some of his usual habits to build that body. It is very important to kick the bad habits before one proceeds to building muscles.
- Eating Low Carb Diets: Craig wanted to lose fat and gain muscles; hence he was on a strict diet of salad, vegetables, and nuts. Occasionally he also had pulses, raw vegetables, and fruits. Apart from that bread, baked items, pasta, and rice were strict no. Although it is important to get carbs for energy but, extra carbs are not essential.
- High Protein Diet: When questioned about his diet plan before Skyfall, Daniel said-
“I was on a high protein diet.”
Proteins are like elements of essential nature when it comes to bodybuilding. His typical day diet included protein shakes, poached eggs, baked potatoes, chicken, fish and lots of green vegetables.
- Supplements and Sleep: Daniel was also on a few supplements to go from lean to muscular. Creatine cell volumizer, Glucosamine, protein shakes, glutamine were some of the food supplements that Daniel took. Although not harmful, it is very important to consult your physician before going ahead with any of the above mentioned diet supplements. More importantly, sleep, which is the period during which the body goes into repairing itself. Daniel’s sleeping period was anywhere between 7-8 hours on an average.
So, now you know what Daniel Craig did to become so fit for the role of the 007 secret agent. What are you waiting for! Consult your doctor and get on this routine to get ripped and intimidating.