|Reese Witherspoon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1976|
Reese Witherspoon is an American actress, producer, voiceover artist, and entrepreneur who has given critically acclaimed performances in a variety of movies and shows such as Walk the Line, Legally Blonde, Big Little Lies, Wild, Home Again, Monsters vs. Aliens, Sing, The Morning Show, and Little Fires Everywhere. Her acting genius has helped her win several awards including an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and a Primetime Emmy Award.
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
Southern Baptist Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Witherspoon did middle schooling at Harding Academy. She graduated from Harpeth Hall School, an all-girls’ school in Nashville.
Post that, she enrolled herself at Stanford University so as to major in English literature. However, she left the university after a year to focus wholeheartedly on the acting career.
Actress, Film Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. (Lieutenant colonel in the United States Army Reserve)
- Mother – Mary Elizabeth “Betty” Witherspoon (née Reese) (Professor of nursing [child care and mental health] at Vanderbilt University)
- Siblings – John Jr. (Older Brother) (Real Estate Agent)
- Others – William James Witherspoon (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothea Anne Draper (Paternal Grandmother), Emmett Tom Reese (Maternal Grandfather), Laura Jeanne Evans (Maternal Grandmother)
In 2014, she ended her 19-year long run with manager Evelyn O’Neill from Management 360.
She has also been signed with –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- LBI Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Century City, California, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Law Firm, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 1¾ in or 157 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reese Witherspoon has dated –
- Jeremy Sisto (1992) – In 1992, Reese dated fellow actor Jeremy Sisto.
- Chris O’Donnell (1993) – After that, she started dating another actor Chris O’Donnell in February 1993. The couple dated briefly in 1993.
- Stephen Dorff (1994) – In 1994, she also dated Blade hunk Stephen Dorff for short time.
- Mark Wahlberg (1995-1997) – Released in 1996, Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon were co-stars in the thriller movie “Fear.” They were RUMORed to have started dating at that time in 1995 when the filming of the movie started. They didn’t confirm their off-screen relationship and hence it is a rumor. They split in 1997.
- Ryan Phillippe (1997-2007) – Ryan Phillippe met Reese at her 21st birthday party on March 22, 1997. They soon started dating together. After dating for nearly one and a half years, the duo got engaged in December 1998. The couple married on June 5, 1999, at Old Wide Awake Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina. Reese and Ryan welcomed their first child, a daughter named Ava Elizabeth Phillippe, on September 9, 1999, and then second child, a son named Deacon Reese Phillippe, on October 23, 2003. After 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to separate in October 2006. A divorce was filed by Reese in November 2006. In October 2007, the divorce was finalized.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2007-2009) – In March 2007, Witherspoon started seeing actor Jake Gyllenhaal, who is 5 years younger than her. They first met on the set of the 2007 film “Rendition”, where Jake was her co-star. They started dating privately and after Reese’s divorce from Ryan Phillippe was finalized in late 2007, she and Jake became more public with their romance. This relationship also saw an end in December 2009.
- Jim Toth (2010-2023) – In February 2010, Reese started dating agent Jim Toth. Jim is a co-head of motion picture talent at the Creative Artists Agency. In December 2010, the couple announced their engagement. On March 26, 2011, the couple married each other at Ojai, California at Libbey Ranch. The couple has one biological son Tennessee James Toth (b. September 27, 2012). In March 2023, the couple announced that they had separated and had filed for divorce after 12 years of marriage. Their divorce was finalized in August 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Dutch descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has dyed her hair ‘Blonde’.
- Short stature
- Often plays chipper-type women who are convinced of their own successful destiny
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
She was made Avon’s Global ambassador in 2007.
She endorsed Gap Jeans in 2006.
Best Known For
- Playing Tracy Flick in the comedy film Election (1999), as Elle Woods in the comedy film Legally Blonde (2001), as June Carter Cash in the biographical drama film Walk the Line (2005), as Cheryl Strayed in the biographical drama film Wild (2014)
- For her role as June Carter, a five-time Grammy award-winning singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, comedian, and author, in the 2005 biographical musical romantic drama film, Walk the Line, she won the 2006 Academy Award for “Best Actress”
She appeared in the 1991 coming-of-age drama film The Man in the Moon for her role as Dani Trant.
First TV Show
In 1993, Reese appeared in the TV miniseries Return to Lonesome Dove for her role as Ferris Dunnigan.
She has a flexible body and naturally thin. She did gymnastics for seven years while she was younger.
Witherspoon likes running and runs daily for 3 miles. Apart from this, she does Yoga, Pilates, and goes hiking occasionally. She keeps on varying her exercise regime to get the best results and stay out of boredom.
Reese practices moderation in her diet and hence eats everything.
Reese Witherspoon Favorite Things
- Food – Firecrackers, fried chicken
- Movie – Overboard (1987), Terms of Endearment (1983), Belly (1998), Splendor in the Grass (1961), Waiting for Guffman (1996), Broadcast News (1987), Raising Arizona (1987), Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (2013), The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014), The Impossible (2012)
- TV Show – Amish Mafia (2012-)
- Holiday – V-E Day (Victory in Europe Day)
- Beverage – Prison wine
- Country – The Bahamas
- Book – The End of the Affair (By Graham Greene)
- Disney Character – Scar, Tinkerbell
- Restaurant – The Buffet at Magic City
- App – Bing Search
- Website – MediaTakeOut
- Favorite Cheer as a Cheerleader – STEEEEEEVE PERRY
- Style Icon – Mary J. Blige
- Board Game – Axis and Allies
- Drugstore Beauty Must-Have – Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Reese Witherspoon Dogs
- In June 2019, Reese had adopted American bulldog Lou 2 months after she had lost a German Shepherd dog named Nash.
- In October 2020, Reese lost her female French bulldog named, Pepper as the dog was fighting aggressive cancer for a couple of months.
- In October 2020, just after the death of dog Pepper, Reese’s family brought a new male pooch dog, named, Benji.
- In November 2020, Reese welcomed a French Bulldog named Minnie Pearl.
- In January 2021, they adopted a labrador puppy named Major.
- Reese and her husband Jim Toth also have a Chocolate Lab dog named Hank.
Reese Witherspoon Facts
- Reese is Avon’s first-ever global brand ambassador.
- She uses her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- She was active in modeling from 1983 to 1987.
- Reese was born in New Orleans, Louisiana at Southern Baptist Hospital.
- When Reese was born, her dad was studying at Tulane University medical school. Until 2012, he also practiced as an otolaryngologist.
- In her childhood, she spent 4 years in Germany (due to her dad’s job in the U.S. military) and then was raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Kale is her favorite pizza topping.
- She would like to switch her life with Owen Wilson if allowed.
- If she were a hip-hop artist, she would have picked her stage name as “Lil Reese.”
- She was good at her studies and used to get good grades.
- She loves reading and so gets crazy in the bookstore or library.
- With Debra Siegel, she started a production company called “Type A Films” in 2000. The company later merged with “Hello Sunshine” (a media company which Reese co-founded in 2016). In August 2021, it was revealed that “Hello Sunshine” had been sold to former Disney executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs‘s new company for over $900 million.
- Reese had also served as a cheerleader.
- some of her acting influences include Jodie Foster, Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Aniston, Goldie Hawn, Sally Field, Sigourney Weaver, Tom Hanks, Jack Nicholson, and Michael Keaton.
- She would like to invite Lil Scrappy and Trillville to Witherspoon dinner.
- On April 19, 2013, she and Jim Toth were arrested for DUI (Driving Under Influence). Jim was found to have a blood-alcohol level of 0.139 and so was arrested. Reese disobeyed the policeman and argued with him. So, she was also arrested.
- She owns a clothing line, Draper James.
- She was a part of the “Draper James Loves Teachers” initiative during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The initiative offered free dresses from the clothing collection to teachers for their immense hard work during the pandemic.
- She has served on the board of the Children’s Defense Fund (CDF).
- In 2019, Forbes included her in the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list.
- In October 2022, Reese released her new children’s book, Busy Betty.
- In September 2023, it was revealed that Reese had sold a majority stake in her fashion line, Draper James.