|Krunal Pandya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1991|
Krunal Pandya is an Indian professional cricketer, best known for playing for squads such as Baroda, starting in 2012, and Mumbai Indians, starting in 2016. He started his career alongside his younger brother, Hardik Pandya, who is also a professional cricket player and made his 1st-class debut playing for Baroda on October 6, 2016, during the Ranji Trophy tournament in the 2016-2017 season. Not too long after his debut, and at the beginning of 2017, Krunal became the leading run-scorer and wicket-taker for the team, especially during the Vijay Hazare Trophy tournament in the same season. During that tournament, within 8 matches, Krunal managed to score 366 runs, which included 3 half-centuries and the highest score of 78 runs. This success led to his appearances for India A squad and taking part in their victories over South Africa A, and Afghanistan A squads in 2017. He was also named in India A’s squad for the 2018-2019 Deodhar Trophy tournament.
During the 2018-2019 season, while playing for Baroda, Krunal repeated his achievement of being the leading run-scorer with 366 runs in 8 matches. After he was purchased by Mumbai Indians for ₹2 crore ($287k in early August 2019), he made his IPL debut in April 2016 with “creditable success.” After he scored 86 from 37 balls, Krunal was also named “Man of the Match” against Delhi Daredevils in December 2016, an honor he again earned against Rising Pune Supergiant in the final match of the IPL in December 2017 with a performance of 47. Krunal made his T20I debut for India’s national team against West Indies on November 4, 2018. He was also selected to play against Australia’s national team in all of 3 matches and was named “Player of the Match” in the 3rd match with a bowling performance of 4 wickets for 36 runs in 4 overs. Krunal has also amassed a social media fanbase with more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 400k followers on Twitter.
Krunal Himanshu Pandya
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Baroda, Gujarat, India
- Father – Himanshu Pandya (Former Car Financing Business Owner)
- Mother – Nalini Pandya
- Siblings – Hardik Pandya (Younger Brother) (Professional Cricketer)
Krunal Pandya is represented by –
- IMG Reliance (Manager) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- ICC Consultancy (Publicist) Worldwide
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
24 – T20I, Mumbai Indians
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Krunal Pandya has dated –
- Pankhuri Sharma (2017-Present) – Following the 2017 IPL win and being named the “Man of the Match” at the finals against Rising Pune Super Giants, he proposed to his model girlfriend Pankhuri Sharma as soon as he was back in the hotel. Krunal later stated that he felt it was the right time, as the victory was the best moment of his life up until then, and his younger brother was there, right by his side. The two also posed for a pre-wedding photoshoot which Krunal proudly showcased on his Instagram. On December 27, 2017, the two tied the knot in a traditional Indian wedding attended by family members and close relatives. The reception was held at the JW Marriot Hotel in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and attended by well-known and influential people such as Ambanis, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, and many others.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Gujarati ancestry.
- Tall, athletic physique
- Wide nose tip
- Slicked-back haircut
Krunal Pandya has endorsed brands such as –
- SG Cricket
- DFY Sport (2018)
- SS HOMME – Sarah and Sandeep Fashion (2019)
- HalaPlay (2019)
Best Known For
- Playing professional cricket for teams such as Baroda starting in 2012, Mumbai Indians starting in 2016, and India’s national team starting in 2018
- Being named “Man of the Match” in a December 2016 match against Delhi Daredevils after he scored 86 from 37 balls, as well as “Man of the Match” in the final match victory in the IPL against Rising Pune Supergiant in December 2017 with a performance of 47
- Being declared the highest run-scorer in the 1st innings for Baroda in his 2nd first-class game with a strike rate of 73.06 in 2018 IPL
First Cricket Match
In April 2016, Krunal made his IPL debut for Mumbai Indians against Gujarat Lions at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He finished bowling with figures of 1/20 in 4 overs while in batting, he scored 20 runs out of 11 balls, as well as 3 boundaries.
On November 4, 2018, Krunal made his Twenty20 International debut for India in a match against West Indies held in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. He took 1 wicket and scored an unbeaten 21 runs off 9 balls.
First Web Show
Apart from the broadcast of his cricket matches, Krunal Pandya made his first web show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Breakfast with Champions in 2017.
Jitendra Singh, or Jitu Bhai, which is what Krunal calls him, is his longtime trainer and mentor, who has been with him through thick and thin. In 2019, Krunal’s workout routine consisted of a combination of high-intensity (HIIT) training and regular cardio workouts as a professional cricketer. Krunal also adds solo gym sessions performed either at home or in the nearby gym.
He is a morning person and starts every day with an early workout, which is typically a full-body circuit if he’s short on time, or needs to switch things up. One of his preferred workouts is done solely with free weights (no cables/machines) and a barbell. It includes exercises such as deadlifts, snatches, lunges, shoulder-high pulls, overhead/military shoulder press, and squats.
Krunal Pandya Favorite Things
- Song – LM3ALLEM by Saad Lamjarred
- Movie – Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013)
- Holiday Destination – London, England, United Kingdom
- Hobby – Karting
- Personal Quote – “Use your smile to change the world but no matter what happens, do not let the world change your smile!”
Krunal Pandya Facts
- His dad took Krunal and his brother to a stadium in Vadodara/Baroda in Gujarat, India when the cricket carnival was in town, which was their introduction to the sport.
- At the age of 5, his dad moved the whole family to Baroda after both Hardik and Krunal fell in love with cricket and started training at Kiran More’s academy in the city. Unfortunately, their dad sacrificed his own goals and had to close his car financing business in their home town.
- Early on, he had the ability to hit the big sixes. When he trained with his younger brother, many people told them they were reminiscent of Pathan brothers – professional cricketers Yusuf Pathan and Irfan Pathan.
- To travel to the local cricket tournaments, Krunal and his younger brother had to use a second-hand car. Because of that, they would often get stuck on the road due to inadequate fuel or parts failure.
- Krunal has 2 dogs named Bentley and Aston.
- Before he made his 2016 IPL debut, he suffered a shoulder injury, more precisely a labral tear which happened during the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament. He missed the entire 2015-2016 season at the Ranji Trophy tournament but recovered in time for the Vijaz Hayare Trophy tournament.
- In the months leading up to 2017 IPL, Krunal had to go undergo surgery for his injured quadriceps, and his leg was in plaster. The worst part, according to him, was sitting on the toilet seat, as he couldn’t bend his leg. After the surgery, he took part in rehabilitation at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Many people compared him to Ajay Devgn, the Indian actor, and told him Ajay was his doppelganger. They met and took a picture together, which Krunal posted in honor of the actor’s birthday in April 2019.
- He kept the ball used at the India A vs West Indies A match in Antigua on July 16, 2019, as a souvenir.
- In March 2021, he made his ODI debut which was against England in Pune. In his debut ODI match, he made the record of the fastest fifty by an ODI debutant. In 26 deliveries, he had made 50 runs.
- In 2021, the brothers Krunal and Hardik Pandya pledged to donate 200 oxygen concentrators to rural Indian parts when the country was fighting with the second wave of COVID-19.
- In July 2021, it was revealed that Krunal had been tested positive for coronavirus while on Sri Lanka’s tour for the T20I match series. A couple of days later, Krishnappa Gowtham and Yuzvendra Chahal were also tested positive.
- In 2021, Krunal and Hardik Pandya had purchased an 8 BHK apartment in Mumbai for reportedly INR 30 crores which was spread around 3838 sq ft area.
Featured Image by Krunal Pandya / Instagram