|Yuzvendra Chahal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1990|
Yuzvendra Chahal is an Indian cricketer who represents India in One Day Internationals and T20 matches. He is a right-arm leg-break bowler who is known for his 6 wicket haul in the T20 format. He has represented Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League and the state of Haryana in domestic cricket. Chahal made his international debut against Zimbabwe in the One Day International in 2016 and then a week later, went onto make his debut in the T20 format as well. He also won the Man of the Match award for his performance in his debut match. Chahal is known to be one of the first leg spinners who have picked up a 6 wicket haul and has recorded himself as one of the best leg spinners in international cricket. He shares a record alongside Ajit Agarkar for a 5 wicket haul against Australia.
In domestic cricket, he plays for Haryana and made his IPL debut with Mumbai Indians in 2008 and then, later on, was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the year 2014. He caught the limelight when he took 34 wickets in the U-19 National Cooch Behar Trophy in 2009 leading him to make his debut in first-class cricket. Chahal is also a well-decorated chess player and has represented India in Greece at the World Youth Chess Championship.
Yuzvendra Singh Chahal
Chahal, Yuzi, Tilli
Jind, Haryana, India
Gurugram, Haryana, India
He attended the DAV Public School in Jind, Haryana.
- Father – KK Chahal (High Court Advocate)
- Mother – Sunita Devi
- Siblings – He has 2 older sisters.
Right-Arm Leg Break
6 – T20I
3 – ODI
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yuzvendra Chahal has dated –
- Tanishka Kapoor – Chahal was rumored to be dating Kannada actress Tanishka in the past. There were rumors that the couple was set to tie the knot as well. However, Chahal stated on Twitter that there is nothing as such between them and they are just friends.
- Dhanashree Verma (2020-Present) – Yuzvendra got engaged to Indian doctor, dancer, choreographer, social media influencer, YouTuber, and entrepreneur Dhanashree Verma on August 8, 2020. The duo had made a surprise announcement regarding this on social media. Although they have not publicly revealed when they started dating, it has been widely speculated that their relationship began in June 2020 after Dhanashree had invited him for an online dance workshop.
Race / Ethnicity
Yuzvendra Chahal has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- Duroflex Bond
- Acuvue Lenses
- Redmi K20Pro
- TRU Muscle and Joint Serum
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
Best Known For
- Being one of the only 2 players as of August 2019 in T20I history to have taken a 6 wicket haul
- His right-arm leg-break googly by putting them in a fix because of his skiddy bowling action and accurate line and length
First ODI Match
On June 11, 2016, Chahal made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe in Harare and ended the match with the figures of 1/27 in his 10 over spell.
First T20I Match
On June 19, 2016, Chahal made his T20 debut against Zimbabwe where he finished with a figure of 1/38 in his 10-over spell.
First Web Show
He made his first web show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Breakfast with Champions in 2018.
Yuzvendra never really went to the gym but his senior Virat Kohli inspired Chahal to hit the gym. His workout includes a lot of groundwork exercises. His weight training routine includes weighted lunges, pullups, and many other such exercises.
Yuzvendra Chahal Favorite Things
- Food – Butter Chicken, Rajma Chawal
- Career Moment – Taking 6 wickets against England in Bengaluru
- Cricket Stadium – M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore
- Actress – Katrina Kaif
- Actor – Ranveer Singh
- Destination – Bora Bora Island
Yuzvendra Chahal Facts
- He was a chess player before he entered cricket.
- He made a major contribution in IPL when he helped Mumbai Indians lift the trophy against Royal Challengers Bangalore with the figures of 2/9 in 3 overs.
- Yuzvendra quit Chess because he found it to be an expensive sport and he wasn’t getting sponsors.
- He is the first-ever player to have represented India in Chess as well as Cricket.
- He started off as a medium pace bowler, then, switched to spin bowling.
- Yuzvendra considers Shane Warne as his idol.
- He made his first-class debut in Indore in November 2009.
- Due to his thin physique, his friends call him “Single Haddi”.
- He developed an interest in Chess at the age of 7.
- He represented India in chess in the year 2003 in Greece.
- Yuzvendra is very shy and has a naughty side to him as well.
- He has 3 tattoos – compass, Shiva, and zodiac Leo.
- He has always had a very good comradery with MS Dhoni.
- Chahal and MS Dhoni play PUBG together.
- He is a big fan of football and his favorite club is Real Madrid.
- He loves traveling.
- His favorite footballer is Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Chahal has his own channel called Chahal TV.
- In 2017, he took the most wickets by any bowler during the T20 match.
- In July 2021, during India’s tour of Sri Lanka for the T20I series, Chahal and Krishnappa Gowtham had also tested positive for coronavirus after Krunal Pandya.
- For IPL 2022, Chahal was sold for INR 6.5 crores to the Rajasthan Royals team in the mega auction.
- During IPL 2013, a cricketer once hung him on the 15th-floor balcony after that cricketer got drunk at a get-together in Bengaluru. Luckily, he got a chance to escape.
Featured Image by Yuzvendra Chahal / Instagram