|Dwayne Bravo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dwayne Bravo is a Trinidadian cricketer who has served as the captain of the West Indies team. He is an all-rounder and has been a former captain of all forms of the game. He is known for his unique bowling style in death overs. Dwayne is also a singer and has sung many songs including Champion and the team song for Quetta Gladiators in 2019. He started playing domestic cricket for his native Trinidad and Tobago in 2002 and has also played for Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. He was also named as a franchise player in 2013 for the Caribbean Premier League.
Bravo started playing cricket at the age of 10 and made his first-class debut in the year 2002 with Trinidad and Tobago domestic cricket team. He scored runs as a batsman but did not bowl in the tournament. Bravo rose to glory with his 113 runs in the test match against Australia and also took 6 for 84 in Adelaide in November 2005. Bravo took Yuvraj Singh‘s wicket at a very crucial time during the match between India and West Indies in the year 2006 where he also scored an unbeaten 61. In the 2009 ICC T20 World Cup, he took 10 wickets at 18.40 in the match against India. In 2017, he became the first bowler to take 400 wickets in the T20 format. He has faced a lot of injuries during his career and has been involved in several controversies. Dwayne was removed from the World Cup squad in 2015 for being the spokesperson of the strike that happened in India and also resulted in the tour being canceled. He retired from international cricket on October 25, 2018.
Dwayne John Bravo
Johnny, New Big Dog, DJ BRAVO, The Champion
Santa Cruz, Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad, West Indies
- Father – John Bravo
- Mother – Joycelyn Bravo
- Others – Darren Bravo (Younger Half-Brother) (Cricketer)
Dwayne is represented by –
- Shehan Raj, General Manager and Booking Agent (Global)
- Sujit Tiwari, Booking Agent (India and Middle East)
- Nyssa Pierre, Press and Media, Pear Tree Consulting
- Jashoda Madhavji, Media Relations (India)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bravo has dated –
- Regina Ramjit – Dwayne and model Regina Ramjit were in a long term relationship before they broke up in 2018. The couple also made an appearance on The Kapil Sharma Show together in 2016.
- Shriya Saran (2016) – South Indian actress Shriya and Dwayne were seen going out for lunch when Dwayne had come to shoot for the music video of the film Tum Bin 2 in 2016. But, Shriya cleared the rumor saying that she is happily single and not dating anyone.
- Natasha Suri (2018) – Dwayne Bravo was seen going out with actress Natasha Suri in 2018. The two were rumored to be dating and Natasha even put out a post on Instagram wishing Bravo all the best for IPL. However, Natasha in a press interview said they were “just friends.”
- Note – He has a son named Dwayne Bravo Junior and a daughter named Dwaynice Bravo.
Race / Ethnicity
Dwayne is a popular figure for brands and has been a part of commercials like –
- DSC Dj Bravo Bats
- DJ Bravo 47
- Skore C*ndoms
- Adidas Cricket
- Hike Messenger
- Car Sales
Best Known For
His aggressive batting style in the middle order and bowling during the death overs
First Test Match
Bravo made his test debut in the year 2004 during the West Indies-England tour. He ended the tour with 68 wickets and a total of 220 runs.
First ODI Match
He made his ODI debut against England in the year 2004 during the Carribean tour where he did not bat but took 2–31 with the ball.
First T20I Match
Bravo made his T20 debut in February 2006 against New Zealand where he evinced his all-round skill and took 2 wickets while scoring 19 runs off 16 balls. The match was tied.
As a Singer
Dwayne Bravo has sung a few songs, the most famous one being Champion. In 2014, he released his solo song titled Go Gyal Go.
Dwayne made his feature film debut in Ula in 2019.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as “Himself” on The Kapil Sharma Show in 2016.
Dwayne Bravo is personally trained by Rajesh Chauhan. Most of his workout routine focuses on core strength and lower body. He works on his strength and endurance. He never misses his workout and likes to keep himself fit.
Dwayne Bravo Favorite Things
- Cricketer – Brian Lara
- Food – White rice and chicken-stewed, barbecued
- Inspiring Personalities – Michael Jordan, Barack Obama, and Sachin Tendulkar
- Actor – Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone
- Hobbies – Singing and Dancing
Dwayne Bravo Facts
- Brian Lara inspired him to play cricket.
- He was the first-ever West Indies player to captain both Test and T20 teams.
- He has a habit of taking an ice bath before any match.
- His celebration dance move called the Helicopter is extremely famous.
- He won the Hummingbird Medal in 2015.
- Dwayne is an avid music lover.
- He was a contestant on the season 9 of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Ja in 2016.
- In 2009, he was named in the ‘Team of the Tournament’ by Cricinfo for the T20I.
- He was selected for Queen’s Park Cricket Club Under-15 side when he was 10 years old.
- He is considered one of the best all-rounders in the T20 format of the game.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Dwayne Bravo / Instagram