King Khan, SRK, The Badshah of Bollywood, Shahrukh, The King of Bollywood, King of Romance
Talwar Nursing Home, New Delhi, India
Shahrukh Khan’s house name is Mannat which is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shahrukh Khan attended St. Columba’s School, Delhi. He was given there, A Sword of Honour (Annual award given to the student who best represents the spirit of school). Later from 1985-1988, he joined Hansraj College (affiliated to University of Delhi) to graduate in Bachelor’s degree in Economics. Finally, he attended Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi to pursue a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication but opted out to pursue a career in Bollywood. He learned dramatics from National School of Drama, Delhi, India.
Actor, Producer (Shahrukh owns a production house called Red Chillies Entertainment ), TV Presenter (He has presented many award functions such as IIFA, Golden Globes)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shah Rukh has dated –
- Gauri Chibber (1991-Present) – Shahrukh married Gauri Chibber (now Gauri Khan) on October 25, 1991. They have 3 children – son Aryan (b. 1997), daughter Suhana (b. 2000) and son AbRam (b. 2013 through a surrogate mother).
- Karan Johar – Shahrukh’s name was linked to his close friend, director Karan Johar. The duo was rumored to have had a secret romantic relationship. However, Karan has stated several times that Khan is like an older brother and that Gauri and their kids are a part of his family.
Race / Ethnicity
Asian / Indian
Normal Body. However, he had made his body for his 2007 movie “Om Shanti Om” but soon transformed himself back into a normal body.
PepsiCo, Royal Stag (2012), Asian Paints, V-John Shaving Cream, Linc Pen, Nokia, Emami, Hyundai, Dish TV
Best Known For
His dimpled smile
- As an Actor – 1992 film Deewana for his role as Raja Sahay for which he won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
- As Producer – 2000 film Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani. He also acted in the film as Ajay Bakhshi. It was a box-office flop.
First TV Show
Shahrukh Khan acted in 1988 TV Show Dil Dariya. But, he got attention from his another 1988 TV Show “Fauji” for his role as Abhimanyu Rai.
Prashant Sawant is the man responsible for Shahrukh’s 6 pack abs in “Om Shanti Om”
Shahrukh Khan Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chicken and Oranges
- Favorite TV Programs – Krishi Darshan (aired on Doordarshan), Discovery Channel programs
- Favorite Drink – Soft Drinks mainly Pepsi
- Favorite Band – Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite Restaurants – China White in Mumbai, Japanese Restaurant Nobu in London, Buddha Bar in New York, Kittichai in Soho
- Favorite Movie – Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1993)
- Favorite Book – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (By Douglas Adams)
- Favorite Actor – Dilip Kumar
Source – UTV Stars, IMDb
Shahrukh Khan Facts
- Shahrukh Khan launched Deepika Padukone’s career in Bollywood through 2007 movie “Om Shanti Om”
- Shahrukh has a statue in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- Shahrukh earlier had a dog named Chewbecca.
- Shahrukh is scared of riding horses.
- Shahrukh’s acting career was launched by his friend Vivek Vaswani and Hema Malini.
- He has played cricket at national level.
- Shahrukh is known for keeping his low profile in charity, social and humanitarian work. On being asked during an interview with The Guardian, he said “Somewhere in the Quran it says that if you do charity for a reason, it’s not charity”
- Khan has hosted the third season of popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC).
- He was given the birth name as Shahrukh which means “Face of the King”. But, he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2008, Newsweek named Shahrukh to be one of the 50 most powerful people in the world.