|Ram Charan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1985|
Ram Charan is an Indian star who is best known for his incredible acting and dancing work on the silver screen of Tollywood. He has starred in multiple films such as Chirutha, Magadheera (2009), and Orange (2010). His acting in Telugu cinema did not go unnoticed and was praised by Rediff.com and The Times of India for his superior performance as well as his mannerisms and style. Apart from just being an amazing actor and dancer, Ram is also a producer and a businessman. He established the Konidela Production Company in 2016 and also owns a polo team named Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club.
Konidela Ram Charan Teja
Madras (Now Known as Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Ram studied at 8 different schools including Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School, Chennai where he completed his primary schooling.
He began studying B.Com. at St. Mary’s Junior College, Hyderabad but dropped out after 2 years. Finally, he went to the London School of Arts.
Actor, Dancer, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad aka Chiranjeevi (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Surekha Konidela
- Siblings – Srija Konidela (Sister), Sushmitha Konidela (Sister)
- Others – Konidela Venkat Rao (Paternal Grandfather), Anjana Devi (Paternal Grandmother), Dr. Allu Ramalingaiah (Maternal Grandfather), Allu Arjun (Cousin) (Actor), Varun Tej (Cousin) (Actor), Sai Dharam Tej (Cousin)
In 2009, V. Y. Praveen Kumar started serving as Ram Charan’s business manager.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ram has dated –
- Upasana Kamineni (2011-Present) – The vice-chairperson of Apollo Foundation and Chief Editor of B Positive magazine, Upasana Kamineni and Ram had met at a sports club 6 years prior to their wedding date in 2012. The two didn’t start dating until 2011 but used to meet regularly in the sports club and would fight like cats and dogs. By the end of December 2011, the couple got engaged and later, got married on June 14, 2012. In December 2022, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. In June 2023, they were blessed with a baby girl named Klin Kaara Konidela.
Race / Ethnicity
- Often seen with a light stubble beard
Ram has done advertisement work for many brands including –
- Happi Mobiles
He is a religious and spiritual person.
Best Known For
- Having won several prestigious awards such as Nandi Awards, Filmfare Awards South, CineMAA Awards, Santosham Best Actor Awards
- Signifying as the highest-paid actor in Tollywood according to the Times of India in 2016
- Being the son of actor and politician Chiranjeevi
- Having starred in several hit films such as Rangasthalam (2018), Dhruva (2016), and Magadheera (2009)
As a Singer
In 2013, Ram had contributed his vocals alongside singer Jaspreet Jasz and Roshni Baptist for the song Mumbai Ke Hero. The song was released with Super Cassettes Industries Private Limited.
He has also contributed his voice to other songs like Dheera Dheera and Panchadara Bomma (both from the movie Magadheera).
Ram made his theatrical film debut appearance in the action and romance movie Chirutha in 2007.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance alongside actress Priyanka Chopra on the comedy talk show Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2013.
For the release of Ram’s 2016 film Dhruva, he trained under the guidance of celebrity trainer Rakesh Udiyar. Ram’s main focus was to achieve a lean, strong, and athletic build.
He also performed stamina-driven exercises through high-intensity interval training (HIIT), weight training, cycling, and powerlifting. Apart from the in-gym routine, Ram also had to do gymnastics and swimming to attain the perfectly toned body which was his goal. In order to achieve his goal, he would train for 3 to 4 hours a day.
Ram, in general, also does several other indoor and outdoor activities such as dancing and Thai kickboxing classes for the various roles he played in his different movies.
In relation to his diet, he does not believe in sticking to strict diet plans or limiting his food consumption to only protein and nutrition-packed diets. Instead, he only eats home-cooked food and avoids eating out as much as he can, which in turn, helps him curb his fat intake and control his cholesterol level. He also drinks a glass of cow’s milk each morning and eats food that is cooked in sesame oil as not only it is healthy but also helps to revitalize the skin.
Here is a video of him doing “seated cable rows” –
Ram Charan’s Favorite Things
- Intro Song – Ranga Ranga Rangasthalana
- Hollywood Movie – Terminator 2
Source – Telugu Cinema
Ram Charan’s Facts
- His film Magadheera (The Great Warrior) which was released in 2009 was played for more than “700 days” at a theatre in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
- Ram possesses amazing cooking skills.
- He has a dog named Brat.
- Growing up, Ram had not been a very bright student and was often requested to leave the class.
- In college, he would often turn out to be the ringleader of unions with teachers also joining him to gang up against their principal. He had also been the college volleyball and basketball captain.
- As per Ram himself, he is introvert in nature.
- In 2011, his polo team named the Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club won on the day of their first polo match held at the Prince of Berar Cup tournament. His team scored 4 goals.
- In 2013, he had been ranked #69 by Forbes India in their list of “Celeb 100 Rank 2013”.
- On March 14, 2013, Ram founded his own airline company called Trujet and the first flight took off on July 12, 2015, from its main hub at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad.
- If he had not been an actor, he would have been a full-fledged businessman.
- He is a trained equestrian and has also started the Hyderabad Polo and Riding Club.
- Ram’s weekend getaway is being with family at home and enjoying a biryani brunch.
- In 2015, Ram Charan was made the spokesman of the Maruti Suzuki Devils Circuit military-style obstacle race which had begun in 2012.
- In December 2020, it was revealed that he had been tested positive for COVID-19. He later recovered from the virus.
- In September 2021, Ram Charan became the first Indian owner of a customized Mercedes Maybach GLS600 worth INR 4 crore. At that time, he was already having cars like Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Range Rover Autobiography, and Rolls Royce Phantom.
- During Oscars 2023, Ram Charan wore a black ethnic outfit. The song ‘Naatu Naatu’ from the film RRR (in which he co-starred) won the Oscar award for being the best original song.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY 3.0