|Akshay Kumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1967|
Akshay Kumar is an India-born naturalized Canadian actor, producer, martial artist, and television personality who has been cast in over 100 films and has won several awards including a National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Rustom (2016). Some of his other popular films include Good Newwz, Pad Man, Kesari, Holiday, Khiladi 786, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Khatta Meetha, Housefull film series, OMG – Oh My God!, Garam Masala, Dil To Pagal Hai, and Singh Is Kinng.
Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia
Akki, King Kumar, Khiladi, Mac, The King of Bollywood, Raju, Khiladi Kumar, Indian Jackie Chan
Amritsar, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Akshay attended Don Bosco School in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and then Guru Nanak Khalsa College in Mumbai.
Actor, Producer, Martial Artist, Television Personality
- Father – Hari Om Bhatia (Worked in Indian Military Force)
- Mother – Aruna Bhatia (Producer)
- Siblings – Alka Bhatia (Sister)
- Others – Rajesh Khanna (Father-in-law) (Actor) (Died on July 18, 2012), Dimple Kapadia (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Rinke Khanna (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
He is represented by –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Sandra Reynolds Agency, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Akshay Kumar has dated –
- Raveena Tandon (1994-1996) – Akshay met actress Raveena Tandon while shooting for director Rajiv Rai’s Mohra (1994). Their on-screen chemistry soon blossomed into an off-screen love affair that was treasure by millions at the time. The duo had even secretly gotten engaged to one at a temple. Nevertheless, despite things seeming their filmy love story the couple began to fall apart when rumors of Akshay dating actress Rekha started to surface. Later, in 1996 their relationship fell through when he started dating actress and Raveena’s best friend Shilpa Shetty. Then in 1999, during an interview with Stardust, she opened up about how Akshay feared losing his female fan following and hence kept their engagement a secret.
- Shilpa Shetty (1996-2000) – From 1996 to 2000, Akshay dated actress Shilpa Shetty. He is nearly 8 years her senior.
- Twinkle Khanna (2001-Present) – In 2001, Akshay started dating actress Twinkle Khanna and on January 17, 2001, the couple got married. However, they were engaged twice before their marriage. The couple has two children together – son Aarav (born – September 2002) and daughter Nitara (born – September 25, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
12 (via Times of India)
Sparx Shoes, Dollar Club Big Boss Innerwear, Honda Dream Yuga, Sugar-Free, Eveready batteries, Micromax Mobile, Signature Premier, Lloyd LED TV, Grasim Suitings, Manappuram Gold Loan, Sonic, Sure Men Deo, Pearls Group, Red Label, Canadian Tourism, LG Electronics, etc.
He was made the brand ambassador for Swachh Bharat Mission in Uttar Pradesh in 2017.
Best Known For
His appearance in action films like Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Khiladi 420 (2000), Khiladi 786 (2012).
In 1991, Kumar appeared in the film Saugandh for his role as Shiva. Akshay received the “Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut” for his contribution to the film.
Saugandh is the first film, which released. But, Akshay signed his first film Deedar (1992).
First TV Show
He debuted on television in 2008 with the hosting of the reality TV series Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (season 1).
Akshay has also hosted season 2 and season 4 of this show.
He stays fit by incorporating in his fitness regime kickboxing, swimming, basketball, Parkour, and other workouts.
Akshay Kumar Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Thai, homemade Punjabi food
- Movies – Bandish (1980), Kudrat (1981), Aanchal (1980), Ashanti (1982), Souten (1983), Awaaz (1984), Dharm Aur Qanoon (1984), Maqsad (1984), Life is Beautiful (1997)
- Fruit – Mango
Source – IMDb, OneIndia.in
Akshay Kumar Facts
- It is believed that Akshay Kumar has the biggest shoe size (size 12) in the Indian film industry.
- He was previously a martial arts teacher. He owns a black belt in Taekwondo.
- He started modeling on the suggestion of one of his students. And, soon after modeling, he received films.
- He knows Muay Thai and has worked as a chef (as well as a waiter) in the past in Bangkok, Thailand.
- He played a lead role in the 1992 film Deedar. Actually, Akshay missed the flight to Bangalore (he had to go there for an ad-shoot; he was a model at that time). So, as a result, upset Akshay went to producer Pramod Chakravarthy with his portfolio and to his surprise, he got the role.
- Rajesh Khanna is Akki’s idol.
- He likes rock climbing, swimming, and listening to music.
- Born in Amritsar (Punjab), Akshay grew up in Delhi and then relocated to Koliwada (Mumbai). Koliwada is also dominated by Punjabis.
- He has worked in a restaurant named “Metro Guest House” in Bangkok previously.
- After facing criticism regarding his Canadian citizenship, he stated in December 2019 that he has applied for an Indian passport and plans to give up his Canadian citizenship. He also said, “I have now applied for the passport. I am an Indian and it hurts me that I am asked to prove that every time. My wife, my children are Indian. I pay my taxes here and my life is here.”
- He was the 6th highest-paid actor of 2020 as per Forbes with $48.5 million in earnings. In this list, the #1 spot was held by Dwayne Johnson.