|Ajay Devgan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Year of Birth||April 2, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ajay Devgan is an Indian actor, film director, and producer who has worked in more than a hundred Hindi films and has won numerous accolades including 2 National Film Awards and 4 Filmfare Awards. He started his acting career by playing the character named Ajay in the 1991 romantic action film Phool Aur Kaante and has since been a part of movies like Tanhaji, Dilwale, Drishyam, Total Dhamaal, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Company, Diljale, Jigar, Singham, Singham Returns, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Golmaal Again, The Legend of Bhagat Singh, Sangram, Bol Bachchan, Deewangee, All the Best: Fun Begins, Naajayaz, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Raju Chacha, Lajja, Gangaajal, LOC Kargil, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Taarzan: The Wonder Car, Kaal, Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?, and Omkara. Moreover, he established his production company Ajay Devgn FFilms in 2000.
Vishal Veeru Devgan
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ajay went to the Silver Beach High School in Juhu and then to the Mithibai College in Mumbai.
Actor, film producer, and director
- Father – Veeru Devgan (Stunt choreographer and action film director)
- Mother – Veena Devgan (Film Producer)
- Siblings – Anil Devgan (Brother) (Filmmaker and screenwriter), Kavita Devgan (Sister), Neelam Devgan (Sister)
- Others – Tanuja Mukherjee (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Aman Gandhi (Nephew), Kiran Gandhi (Brother-in-law), Ashu Devgan (Cousin Brother) (Producer)
Ajay Devgan has been represented by Shivalaya Entertainment.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $30 Million.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ajay Devgan has dated –
- Simran (1990) – Ajay Devgan was reported to be engaged to a girl named Simran, the daughter of Bollywood director Mohan Kumar.
- Karisma Kapoor (1992-1995) – Ajay started dating actress Karisma Kapoor in 1992. They had reportedly grown close during the shooting of the action movie, Jigar. They were one of the first Bollywood couples in the 90s to be very open and frank about their relationship. However, their relationship came to an end about three years later amidst rumors that Ajay had cheated on his girlfriend with Raveena Tandon.
- Raveena Tandon (1995) – Karisma reportedly dumped her boyfriend Ajay Devgan due to his growing proximity to Raveena Tandon, whom she considered her rival in the industry. Ajay and Raveena’s affair lasted for about a couple of months before Ajay decided to get serious about his career.
- Kajol (1994-Present) – Ajay started dating actress Kajol in the later months of 1994. They had been friends long before the start of the relationship and Kajol even used to approach Ajay for relationship advice as she was dating someone else. After dating for around four years, they got married in a Maharashtrian style wedding in February 1999. It was thoroughly a private affair as Ajay even refused to hire a professional photographer. In 2001, Ajay revealed that Kajol had suffered a miscarriage. She was six months pregnant. In April 2003, she gave birth to a daughter, Nysa. In 2010, they added a son named Yug to their family.
- Kangana Ranaut (2010) – Ajay was reported to have hooked up with actress Kangana Ranaut after working together on the movie, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai. Kajol had threatened to leave him if he didn’t get on the right track. He got the message and severed all his communication with Kangana.
Race / Ethnicity
- Intense and expressive eyes
- Performs splits between moving vehicles
His body specification might be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Ajay has starred in a series of TV commercials for –
- Dabur Hajmola
- Vimal Pan Masala
- Whirlpool washing machine
- VKC pride
- Amul Comfy
- Live-In Jeans
- Lifebuoy silver
- Cine Blitz
- Dabur Glucose-D
- Sangam Suitings
- Sirtex Eazy innerwear
- Aristocrat Premium
- Mahindra Blazo
Best Known For
Having worked in some of the most popular and commercially successful movie series such as Singham and Golmaal.
Ajay made his film debut in 1985 with Pyari Behna in the role of Young Kalicharan.
First TV Show
In 2008, Ajay made his first TV show appearance as a judge on Zee TV’s reality show Rock-N-Roll Family.
Ajay Devgan has been working out with celebrity trainer Prashant Sawant since 2011 to prepare for his various roles. To get Ajay in perfect shape for his role as a cop in Singham Returns, Prashant increased the intensity of his existing workouts without increasing the length of workout sessions. He was working out 45 to 55 minutes per session.
Along with lifting heavy weights to get the size, Prashant also made Ajay work on his functional training. His workout also included a generous use of HRX bands so that he would be supple and flexible enough for his stunts.
For 6 months, he followed this diet –
- Breakfast – Oats in skimmed milk with egg white omelets.
- Lunch – 200 grams of grilled chicken breast and 100-gram steamed broccoli. He sometimes switched broccoli with a bowl of salad with steamed French beans.
- Dinner – Similar to lunch apart from the addition of egg white.
Ajay Devgan Favorite Things
- Food – Chinese and seafood
- Restaurant – Mainland China, and Gazal
Source – AfternoonDC.in
Ajay Devgan Facts
- Ajay Devgan is the first Bollywood star to have his own private jet to travel for film promotions, shooting, and personal trips.
- The director Rakesh Roshan had zeroed on Ajay Devgan as his first choice for the role of Karan Singh in the movie, Karan Arjun. Salman Khan was later cast in that role.
- For his contribution to Indian cinema, he was honored with India’s fourth-highest civilian award, Padma Shri in 2016.
- In 2009, as per the request of his family, he changed the spelling of his surname from ‘Devgan’ to ‘Devgn.’
- He portrayed the character of Maratha warrior Tanaji Malusare, a military assistant and right hand of Maratha ruler Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, in the 2020 Hindi-language period action film called Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior. The film became the highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2020 and was selected as one of the “Best Foreign Film” to be screened at the 78th Golden Globe Awards.
- For his performance in Tanhaji, he was nominated for a Filmfare Award in the “Best Actor” category.
- In June 2021, Ajay Devgn had purchased a bungalow (of 6,500 square feet carpet area) in Juhu, Mumbai for INR 47.5 crore for which he had taken the loan of INR 18.75 crore.