|Kajol Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1974|
Kajol is an Indian actress known for portraying various versatile roles in popular films like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Karan Arjun, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. She has done endorsement work for popular brands like Huggies, Pepsi, Yakult, Whirlpool, Fortune Basmati Rice, and Olay. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 6 million followers on Instagram, more than 4 million followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kajol attended St Joseph Convent boarding school in Panchgani. She bagged her first mainstream Bollywood movie role when she was still studying. She decided to quit her studies to pursue acting.
- Father – Shomu Mukherjee (Filmmaker)
- Mother – Tanuja Samarth (Actress)
- Siblings – Tanishaa Mukherjee (Younger Sister)
- Others – Rani Mukerji (Cousin Sister) (Actress), Sharbani Mukherjee (Cousin Sister) (Actress), Mohnish Behl (Cousin Brother) (Actor), Ram Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle) (Film Director), Joy Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Deb Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Sunita Gowarikar (Cousin Sister) (Producer), Ayaan Mukherjee (Cousin Brother) (Director), Samrat Mukherjee (Cousin Brother), Subbir Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle) (Producer), Shurjee Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle), Shyam Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle) (Editor), Rono Mukherjee (Paternal Uncle) (Director), Nutan (Maternal Aunt) (Actress), Pranutan Bahl (Neice) (Actress)
Abhinav Singh manages Kajol.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kajol has dated –
- Ajay Devgn (1994-Present) – Kajol began dating actor Ajay in 1994 while filming for the movie Gundaraj. After a 5 year courtship, the couple decided to tie the knot in 1999 in a private and intimate wedding ceremony with only friends and family. The couple got married in a traditional Maharashtrian wedding ceremony. Kajol suffered a miscarriage in 2001. They welcomed the birth of their daughter Nysa, in 2003 and son, Yug, in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
Kajol has Bengali Brahmin ancestry on her father’s side and Marathi Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP) ancestry on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Her eyes
- Her uni-brow
Kajol has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- RIN Detergent
- Mango Fillz
- Fortune Basmati Rice
- Knorr Soup
- Mcvities Wholewheat Marie
- Bournvita little champs
- Gold Winner
- The Loomba Trust
Best Known For
- Her versatile acting skills.
- Winning 6 Best Actress awards at the Filmfare Awards, making her and her maternal aunt Nutan, the only female actresses in Bollywood to achieve this success.
Kajol made her theatrical film debut as a child artist in the drama musical, Karate in 1983. However, her role in the movie wasn’t credited.
She made her credited theatrical film debut in Bekhudi in 1992.
First TV Show
Kajol made her television show debut in the musical reality show Indian Idol as herself in 2004.
Kajol trains with Shereveer Vakil, who is also her husband’s trainer. The strict fitness regimen helped Kajol to shed her post-pregnancy weight. Her workout session lasts for about 1½ to 2 hours daily.
She focuses on strength training to maintain her muscle mass. Her workout regimen comprises of push-ups, squats, pilates, deadlift and western dance which helped her loose as much as 18 kg during the first 5 months of her fitness programme. She works with her trainer, targeting the fat areas in her body and the core muscle.
To stay healthy, Kajol relies on a non-vegetarian high protein diet. Her protein-rich meals comprise of fish, chicken, eggs, nuts, and cottage cheese. She also consumes plenty of fiber-rich vegetables. She makes sure that her menu contains adequate healthy fats and fiber and a limited amount of sugar.
Kajol avoids all types of artificial foods and junk foods which has helped her to improve her stamina, boost her metabolism, and maintain a healthy weight and good physique. She occasionally loves to binge and has her cheat meals.
Kajol Favorite Things
- Heels – Nude peep toes
- Pampering Session – Deep Tissue Massage
- Beauty Product – Olay Total Effects Lightweight moisturizer
- Color – White
Source – The National, Vogue India
- Her parents separated when Kajol was young.
- Her father passed away due to a cardiac arrest in 2008.
- She was primarily raised by her maternal grandmother since her mother was working.
- She describes herself as a disciplinarian when it comes to raising her children and she considers herself to be the stricter parent.
- Kajol is a philanthropist and is noted for her charity work with women and children.
- She considers a mongrel to be her spirit animal.
- She likes reading fiction and it was in school that she began to form an active interest in reading which helped her surpass difficult times.
- Kajol was honored with the Padma Shri award in 2011 and Karmaveer Puraskaar in 2008.
- Follow Kajol on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0