|Saif Ali Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1970|
Saif Ali Khan is an Indian actor and film producer who has acted in 60+ films in his career. He belongs to a royal family and was titled 10th Nawab of Pataudi in October 2011 after the death of his father, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi. He has also been linked with many women in his lifetime and Kareena Kapoor is his second wife after Amrita Singh. Saif also produces films under the banner “Illuminati Films”.
Sajid Ali Khan
Saif, Saifu, Chote Nawab, Nawab of Pataudi
New Delhi, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Saif Ali Khan went to The Lawrence School, Sanawar in Himachal Pradesh, India. At the age of 9, his parents got him enrolled at the Lockers Park School in Hertfordshire, England. He later got admission at the Winchester College, which is an independent boarding school.
- Father – Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi (Former cricketer and former Indian cricket team selector)
- Mother – Sharmila Tagore (Actress)
- Siblings – Saba Ali Khan (Younger Sister) (Fashion Designer), Soha Ali Khan (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi (Paternal Grandfather) (Former Indian Cricket Team Captain), Sajida Sultan (Paternal Grandmother), Gitindranath Tagore (Maternal Grandfather) (General Manager in the British India Corporation), Ira Tagore (Maternal Grandmother)
Saif Ali Khan’s personal management team handles his representation work.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Saif Ali Khan has dated –
- Anu Aggarwal (1989) – In 1989, Saif was reported to be going out with actress and model, Anu Aggarwal. Some sources even claimed that they were very serious about each other.
- Moon Moon Sen (1990) – Amrita Singh wasn’t the first older woman Saif was reported to have got involved with. While living at lyricist Gulzar’s bungalow in Bandra, he had fallen in love with a veteran actress, Moon Moon Sen. She was at least one and a half decades older than him.
- Amrita Singh (1991-2004) – Saif Ali Khan then met actress Amrita Singh while he was shooting for the movie, Bekhudi. Saif had tried to woo her and had asked her out for a dinner. However, she told him that she doesn’t go out for dinners, but if he wanted he could come over for dinner at her place. By the end of their dinner, they were in a relationship and he started living with her. About three months into their relationship, Amrita’s mother visited her place and Amrita told Saif to behave as if he had come only for a lunch. However, her mother saw through it and Amrita decided to talk about marriage, and they decided to give it a try. However, not everyone was a fan of their relationship. The fact that she was 12+ years older than him and he hadn’t even made his debut, was the subject of a lot of gossips. When he decided to marry her, his mother had warned him that he was making a mistake. They got married in October 1991. In 1993, they welcomed their first child, daughter Sara Ali Khan. In 2001, she gave birth to a son, Ibrahim Ali Khan. However, their marriage came to an end a couple of years later in 2004. It was reported that Nawab was no longer in love with his Begum and had found that love elsewhere.
- Rani Mukerji (2004) – In 2004, he was rumored to be dating actress Rani Mukerji. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting for the romantic drama movie, Hum Tum.
- Preity Zinta (2005) – In the early months of 2005, he was linked with actress Preity Zinta. Their sizzling chemistry in the movie Salaam Namaste was the result of their off-screen affair.
- Rosa Catalano (2004-2007) – According to many industry insiders, Saif’s affair with Italian model Rosa Catalano was the cause of his divorce from Amrita. He had met her in Kenya during a show. He started living with Rosa and made their relationship public in 2005 in an interview with Deccan Chronicle. In the same interview, he implied that Amrita used to abuse his mother and sister, and she had vindictively blocked him from meeting his children. Saif’s relationship with Rosa came to an end in mid-2007. In her interview post-breakup, Rosa revealed that Saif hadn’t told her that he was a married man when he had initially courted her. Also, Saif was no longer making an effort to make their relationship work which was the main cause of their separation.
- Kareena Kapoor (2007-Present) – Saif Ali Khan started dating actress Kareena Kapoor in 2007. Their affair had started on the sets of the action drama movie, Tashan. Apparently, she had fallen for him after seeing him lounging shirtless by the pool. By the time they finally confirmed their relationship, the Indian media had worked itself into a frenzy with minute details of their relationship. After a couple of months of dating, they decided to give the live-in relationship a try. In October 2012, they got married in a lavish and royal wedding, which was attended by the leading Bollywood celebrities. In December 2016, Kareena gave birth to their son, Taimur Ali Khan. In February 2021, the couple welcomed their second child, a son named Jehangir Ali Khan.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Pathan ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Bengali ancestry.
- His smile
- Intense eyes
Saif Ali Khan has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Indiabulls Home Loan
- Asian Paints Royale
- Taj Tea
- Siyaram’s Suitings
- Head & Shoulders
- Amul Macho
- Appy Fizz
- Royal Stag
- Gwalior Suiting
- Colgate toothpaste
Best Known For
- Having appeared in numerous commercially successful movies such as Parineeta, Hum Tum, Salaam Namaste, Race, Love Aaj Kal, and Cocktail.
- Having worked in critically acclaimed theatrical film projects such as Being Cyrus, Omkara, and Dil Chahta Hai.
- Having won some of the most high-profile awards in the Indian cinema including multiple Filmfare awards and a National Film Award.
In 1993, Saif made his theatrical film appearance in an important role in the romantic drama movie, Parampara. The movie had Aamir Khan, Sunil Dutt, Vinod Khanna, and Raveena Tandon in the other important roles.
First TV Show
In 2008, Saif Ali Khan made his first TV show appearance on the reality TV show, Chala Change Ka Chakkar.
Saif Ali Khan is very particular about working out on a regular basis. However, he tries to mix his workout regime to keep his fitness routine fresh and make it more multidimensional. He still hits the gym for his intense and grueling weight lifting and strength training workouts.
He also performs yoga just like his wife Kareena. He usually starts his workout with light warmup, which is followed by stretching and skipping. He has also added kickboxing and shadow training to his workout routine. Plus, he regularly has punching bag sessions for the dynamic cardio session. Whenever he isn’t able to work out, he tries to take a walk.
Regarding diet, he has enlisted nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar’s assistance. Diwekar has created a meal plan loaded with protein, carbs, and fats, and has divided it into five meals a day. She has also added vegan food to his diet to detoxify his system.
Saif Ali Khan Favorite Things
- Food – Nawabi Cuisine
- TV Shows – Entourage, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie’s Poirot, The Black Adder, Prison Break, 24, The X-Files, Murder, She Wrote, Who’s the Boss, Californication, Modern Family, Friends
- Movies – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), The Godfather (1972), Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977), Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003), Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
Source – ExpressFoodie.com, IMDb
Saif Ali Khan Facts
- In 2010, he was honored with a Padma Shri award, which is the fourth highest civilian award given by the Indian government.
- In February 2007, he was admitted to the hospital in Mumbai after he complained of chest pain. It was revealed that he had an irregular heartbeat and had also suffered a mild heart attack, which was caused by his very hectic work schedule.
- In the aftermath of the heart attack, he decided to quit his smoking habit.
- After his father passed away in September 2011, he was symbolically crowned as the 10th Nawab of Pataudi in a ceremony held in his ancestral palace in Pataudi village in October.
- After completing his education from a boarding school, he returned to India and started working for an advertising agency in Delhi. He worked there for two months.
- He started his acting career by appearing in a commercial for Gwalior Suiting. He had agreed to get featured in the advert on a family friend’s insistence.
- Soon after appearing in the advert, he decided to move to Mumbai to pursue an acting career.
- He would have made his theatrical film debut in romantic drama Bekhudi, in the leading role opposite Kajol, who was also making her debut. However, the movie director Rahul Rawail felt he was unprofessional and dropped him after the completion of the first shooting schedule.
- While shooting for Hum Saath-Saath Hain, he was charged with poaching of blackbucks with his fellow co-stars Sonali Bendre, Neelam Kothari, Tabu, and Salman Khan.
- In 2007, he established his own production house, Illuminati Films, in collaboration with the film producer Dinesh Vijan.
- To prepare for his role in comedy-drama Chef, he took special training at the JW Marriott Hotels in Mumbai.
- His biggest breakthrough is considered to his work in Dil Chahta Hai. The movie is considered by critics as a turning point in his career as it helped him step out of his old stereotype as a single dimensional chocolaty hero.
- From 2010 to 2015, he was included by Times of India in their list featuring “Most Desirable Men”. He has been featured in similar lists compiled by other leading publications.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY 3.0