|Malaika Arora Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1973|
Malaika Arora is a successful Indian model and accomplished dancer who gained popularity for her chart-topping cameo dance performances in Indian films. She has been frequently cast as one of the judges in entertainment-based competitive reality shows.
Thane, Maharashtra, India
Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Malaika studied in Holy Cross High School, Thane and completed her secondary education from Swami Vivekanand School in Chembur, Maharashtra.
She enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree at Jai Hind College in Southgate, Mumbai but dropped out in the first year because her modeling career started thriving.
Dancer, Reality TV Personality, Model, Former VJ / Anchor, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Anil Arora (Merchant Navy Officer) (Expired)
- Mother – Joyce Arora (Home Chef)
- Siblings – Amrita Arora (Younger Sister) (Former Actress, Model, and VJ)
- Others – Shakeel Ladak (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Azaan Ladak (Nephew), Rayaan Ladak (Nephew)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malaika Arora has dated –
- Arbaaz Khan (1993–2017) – Malaika met former model turned actor, director, and Indian film producer, Arbaaz during an advertisement shoot for Coffee brand in the early 1990s. She was 18 years old at that time and claimed that both of them fell in love with each other the first time they met. The couple got married in 1998. They have a son named Arhaan (b. November 9, 2002). Due to compatibility issues, Malaika and Arbaaz separated in 2016 and finalized their divorce in May 2017.
- Arjun Kapoor (2017–Present) – Relationship rumors between Indian film actor, Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora began in 2017. Arjun is 12 years younger than Malaika. The couple publicly confirmed their relationship in 2019. They celebrated New Year’s Eve 2021 (December 31, 2020) in Goa with friends and family members. In January 2022, it was rumored that Arjun and Malaika had split. However, Arjun immediately uploaded a picture of the couple together on his Instagram to prove the rumors wrong. In November 2022, Malaika sparked engagement rumors with Arjun after she wrote on Instagram, “I said YES”. On November 30, 2022, the couple had to face the fake news of Malaika’s pregnancy. They were fed up with how people were playing with their personal lives. In August 2023, she unfollowed Arjun’s family members on Instagram such as uncle Anil, father Boney, and sisters Khushi, Anshula, and Janhvi which made people think that they were separating.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Punjabi ancestry on her father’s side and Malayali ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Long and slender face and physical frame
- Prominent cheekbones
- Maintains sharply arched eyebrows
- Skilled and graceful dancer
- As a fashion model and a celebrity, Malaika Arora has endorsed countless brands such as Coffee (1993), Pizza Hut (2003), Oriflame Cosmetics (2006), Streax Pro Hair Straightener and Hair color (2010), Emami Zandu Balm (2010), Dabur 30 Plus Energiser (2012), Sunsilk (2012), Swipe 3D Tablet (2012), Taiwan Excellence Care (2013), Gillette Shave or Crave campaign (2012), APL Footwear (2016), Magnum Ice-cream (2017), Richfeel products and services (2017), Los Angeles Tourism (2018), and many more
- Other than featuring as a model, Malaika also promotes her business ventures on every online and offline platform such as The Label Life, a luxury lifestyle brand created with Sussanne Khan and Bipasha Basu, and Diva Yoga, a yoga studio based in Bandra.
Malaika Arora Favorite Things
- City – New York City
- Los Angeles Beaches – Venice Beach, Manhattan Beach
- Must-Have LA Experience – Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood
- Shopping Places (LA) – Westfield Century City
- LA Coffee Shop – Intelligentsia Coffee, Abbot Kinney Boulevard
- Off-Beat Place (LA) – Amoeba vintage records shop
- LA Hotel – Dream Hollywood
- Travel Companion – Son, Arhaan Khan
- Must-Try LA local Sport – Surfing at Surf Rider Beach in Malibu
- LA Venue For Instagrammable Photos – Arts District
- Beauty Icon – Elizabeth Taylor
- Fragrance – Bvlgari AQVA
- Exercise Activity – Pilates
- Make-Up Essential – Blush
- Indian Meals – Fish-curry rice, Dosa, Idli and sambar
- Cuisine – Spanish, Japanese
- Food & Restaurants In Mumbai – Wasabi at the Taj, Thali at Chetna and Rajdhani
- Suburban Restaurants – Olive, Seijo & the Soul Dish
- For Sunday Brunch – Mysore Café at Matunga
- Street Food – Bade Miya and Ranjit’s Vada Pav at Khar
- Fashion Designers – Wendell Rodricks, Hemant Trivedi, Malini Ramani, Monisha Jaising, Seema Khan
- Mumbai Stores – Kimaya, Ensemble
- Mumbai Shoe Shop – Rinaldi at Colaba
- Residential Area In Mumbai – Cadbury House at Mahalaxmi
- Comfort Food – Biryani
- Actor – Hrithik Roshan
Malaika Arora Facts
- She started training in dance at the age of 4. During her childhood, Malaika learned Ballet and Bharatnatyam.
- She intended to become a professional ballet dancer and join a dance company in Russia but her modeling career unexpectedly earned her early success when she was barely out of her teens.
- The model’s parents named her after the Swahili word for ‘Angel’.
- On September 7, 2020, it was revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19, and on September 20, 2020, she announced on Instagram that she had recovered from the virus.
- In April 2021, Malaika received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and in June 2021, she received the 2nd dose.
- In April 2022, Malaika was admitted to Apollo Hospital after she received an injury near her eye in a car accident in Mumbai.
- Malaika had graced the cover of Grazia magazine’s May 2022 issue. She was seen wearing a satin front knot shirt over a black monokini.
- Malaika knows cooking and she does cooking for Arjun Kapoor when required. He also loves her cooked food. However, Arjun, until April 2023, didn’t even know how to make chai (tea).
- As a child, Malaika wanted to be a teacher after growing up. She also wanted to study child psychology.
- Malaika started her career as a VJ on the channel, MTV. She has served as the host of shows like Club MTV, Love Line, and Style Check.
- She loves South Indian dishes.
- While in school, she has taken French classes. As revealed by Vidya Balan in an interview in 2023, boys used to wait to see Malaika when she used to walk down the lane to reach her French tuition at a fixed time.
- She has a dog named Casper.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0