|Anil Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1956|
|Spouse||Sunita Bhavnani Kapoor|
Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Anil Kapoor studied at O.L.P.S. (Our Lady of Perpetual Succor) School. After completing his school education, he got enrolled at St. Xavier’s College. He got distracted from his studies and was expelled from college during his 2nd year.
He failed the entrance examination at the Pune Film Institute and finally joined Roshan Taneja’s Acting School.
Actor, Producer, Singer, Businessman
- Father – Surinder Kapoor (Film Producer)
- Mother – Nirmal Kapoor
- Siblings – Boney Kapoor (Older Brother) (Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Actor), Reena (Sister)
- Others – Sandeep Marwah (Brother-in-law), Mohit Marwah (Nephew) (Actor), Arjun Kapoor (Nephew) (Actor), Janhvi Kapoor (Niece), Khushi Kapoor (Niece), Kavita Bhambhani Singh (Sister-in-law) (Former Model, Miss India 1969), Jasjit Singh (Brother-in-law) (Industrialist), Nandini (Niece), Tariq Premji (Son-in-law), Namaah Kathawala (Daughter- in law), Sridevi (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
Jalal Mortezai manages Anil Kapoor.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anil Kapoor has dated –
- Sunita Bhavnani Kapoor (1980-Present) – Anil met costume designer and former model Sunita at a party in 1974. He spoke to her over the phone and fell in love with her voice. After speaking for a few weeks, they decided to become friends. There was initial hesitation from Sunita’s family as he was still struggling to make his mark in the film industry. The couple managed to tie the knot on May 19, 1984. They have 3 children – daughters Sonam Kapoor (b. 1985) (Actress), and Rhea Kapoor (b. 1987) (Producer), and youngest son Harshvardhan Kapoor (b. 1990) (Actor).
Race / Ethnicity
Anil has Punjabi ancestry.
Salt and pepper (Natural)
Anil prefers dying his hair ‘black’.
- His smile
- His mustache
Anil Kapoor has appeared in the commercials for the following brands –
- Godrej Expert Original Powder Hair Color
- Mont Blanc
- Puro Healthy Salt
- Master Card
Best Known For
- His long career spanning nearly 40 years in international and national cinema which makes him one of the most recognized actors from India.
- Being the father of Bollywood actress, and fashion diva Sonam Kapoor.
- His ageless looks and physique.
As a Singer
Anil released his first album along with the famous singer Salma Agha in 1986. The album was called Welcome and was composed by Bappi Lahiri.
Anil made his theatrical film debut in the drama movie Hamare Tumhare in 1979 as Vipin.
First TV Show
Anil made his television show debut on Network East in 1991.
Anil is well known in the industry for his fitness and physique. He has a gym in his house where he works out along with a personal trainer. While on set, he ensures that he brings food from home. He usually prefers to stay away from sugar and dairy.
For the first 3 days of the week, he avoids all solid foods and consumes only liquids. When he does begin to consume solid food, it usually consists of grilled foods. He enjoys eating fish as it is easy on the stomach and refrains from consuming red meat.
He maintains a healthy workout and sleep balance and hits the bed early.
His diet plan is –
- Breakfast – Eggs and toast with a glass of fresh juice or black coffee
- Lunch – Chicken and soup
- Evening Snack – Chicken or Turkey Sandwich
- Dinner – Vegetables, Dal, Fish or Chicken
Anil Kapoor Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Japanese
- Japanese Food – Teriyaki
- Food – Baingan ka bharta with rotis and Mooli parathas
- Restaurants – The Bar at Dorchester
- Movie – The Godfather
- Director – Martin Scorsese
- Anees Bazmee Film – No Entry
- Arjun Kapoor Film – Mubarakan (2017)
- Holiday Destination – Cape Town
Anil Kapoor Facts
- He has a biryani named after him called Lakhan Jhakaas Biryani.
- He has a house in London.
- Anil has confessed to being very family-oriented and homebound.
- His idea of a perfect weekend is with his family.
- He revealed that he was barefoot for nearly 13 years of his life.
- His father was the secretary of veteran actresses Nargis and Geeta Bali.
- Due to a financial crunch, Anil worked at a garage owned by veteran actor Raj Kapoor.
- While growing up, Anil lived in a chawl (a large building divided into many separate tenements) and came from a humble beginning.
- He is trained in semi-classical music and has even sung in a few of his films.
- In January 2021, he revealed during an episode of The Kapil Sharma Show that he would like to steal Amitabh Bachchan‘s wardrobe.
- If he gets a chance, Anil would like to get access to Akshay Kumar‘s bank account.
- Anil Kapoor was the first choice to play the role of Rohit Gupta in Chandni (1989) which was later played by Rishi Kapoor.
Featured Image by Laura Lee Dooley / Flickr / CC BY-2.0