|Kapil Sharma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1981|
Amritsar, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kapil Sharma went to the DAV Public School in Amritsar. After completion of school education, he got enrolled at the Hindu College in his hometown. He did his post-graduation studies from Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar.
Comedian, Actor, Anchor, Singer, Film & Television Producer
- Father – Jeetendra Kumar Punj (Head constable in Punjab Police)
- Mother – Janak Rani (Housewife)
- Siblings – Ashok Kumar Sharma (Brother) (Punjab Police Constable), Pooja Pawan Devgan (Sister)
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kapil Sharma has dated –
- Ginni Chatrath – The reports of Kapil Sharma dating Ginni Chatrath were ever-present since he hit a peak of his popularity. He made his relationship public in March 2017 through his official social media accounts. However, his critics claimed that it was his cynical attempt to deflect attention from his spat with Sunil Grover. The reports surfacing in the summer of 2017 claimed that they had got engaged and were all set to get married by the end of the year. However, in September 2017, it was claimed that their relationship was on the verge of the end. But, the reports were shot down by his representatives and towards the end of 2017, it was reported that they were very much together. Ginni and Kapil finally got married on December 12, 2018, in Jalandhar. On December 10, 2019, the couple had their first child, daughter Anayra Sharma. On February 1, 2021, Kapil announced the birth of his second child, a boy named Trishaan Sharma.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
Kapil Sharma has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Honda Mobilio
- Paisa Bazaar
- TVS Tyres
- Micromax Canvas
Best Known For
- Having hosted and created the popular comedy sketch and talk show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
- Having served as a host of a number of high profile award shows such as Star Guild Awards, 61st Filmfare Awards, and 22nd Star Screen Awards.
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, Bhavnao Ko Samjho.
First TV Show
In 2006, Kapil Sharma made his first TV show appearance on the MH One show, Hasde Hasande Ravo.
Kapil Sharma started his weight loss journey with the assistance of his friend and actor Sonu Sood by working out with his personal trainer. Due to the intense gym workout devised by the personal trainer, Sharma managed to shed about 8 kgs.
It was reported that he was so dedicated to the workout regime that he used to hit the gym after the pack-up of his shoots. He has added yoga to his workout regime as well. In the morning, he performs yoga for about an hour. His workout mainly consists of the weight training as well as cardio exercises.
Kapil has also made changes to his eating habits to squeeze most out of his workout routine. He focuses on consuming a lot of protein, carbs, and vitamins.
His diet plan is –
- Breakfast – Eggs, Brown Bread Toast, and lettuce. He washes it down with fresh juice.
- Lunch – Boiled Broccoli or Celery
- Dinner – Salad along with boiled brown rice
Kapil Sharma Favorite Things
- Amritsari Food – Kaali Dal and Matthi Chhole
- Restaurants – Chak89 in South London
- Comfort Food – Rajma Chawal and Aloo Parantha
- Binge-Worthy Food – Omelet and Anda Pav
- Drink – Scotch
- Comedians – Johnny Lever, Mehmood
- Comedy Film – Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998)
- Comic Actor – Govinda
- Comic Actress – Sridevi
Source – Indian Express, TelegraphIndia.com
Kapil Sharma Facts
- In 2007, he managed to win the comedy reality show, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge. As part of his win, he was also awarded INR 10 lakh. He spent the winning amount on his sister’s wedding.
- Although he is known for his comedic work, he did a lot of theatre work before turning to comedy in 2005.
- He worked in a PCO when he was in the 10th grade to earn pocket money.
- The initial plan was to shoot only 26 episodes of The Comedy Nights with Kapil. Then, they decided to shoot 10 more episodes and it was eventually extended beyond that.
- Before he got into acting and then comedy, he harbored dreams of becoming a singer.
- Kapil decided to join the theatre group in his 1st year in college so that he could remain close to a girl he had a huge crush on. He eventually started enjoying acting and managed to grab the 3rd position in the college youth festival held at the Hindu College.
- Kapil has done extensive activism work for the animal rights. He has worked with PETA as well.
- In 2014, he adopted an abandoned Labrador named Zanjeer.
- In 2013, Kapil was awarded as the Indian of the Year by CNN-IBN.
- Kapil Sharma has actively participated in the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which was launched by the then Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He was even invited by then President Pranab Mukherjee to the Rashtrapati Bhavan to acknowledge his contributions.
- In 2015, The Economic Times placed him on the 3rd spot in their Most Admired Indian Personality List.
- Kapil was rated as the most popular Indian television personality by Ormax Media in 2016.
- He considers Shah Rukh Khan as his fashion icon.
- In September 2016, he was the center of the news after he accused an unnamed BMC officer of asking for a bribe.
- In January 2021, Kapil announced that his comedy show, The Kapil Sharma Show would go off-air for some time as he wanted to spend maximum time with his then-pregnant wife Ginni Chatrath.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0