Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Varun attended the private boarding school, The Lawrence School in Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh. He then studied at the APJ School in Jalandhar where he completed his Class 11 and 12 studies.
Furthermore, he attained a bachelor’s degree in Media, Entertainment and Film Technology from the Institute of Technology and Future Trends (ITFT) in Chandigarh.
- Father – (He was an exporter and importer of tools.) (He passed away in 2005.)
- Mother – (Teacher of Fine Arts)
- Siblings – Nilima Sharma (Younger Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- A gap between his front teeth
- High cheekbones
Varun has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Virgin Mobile
- Nissan Micra
Best Known For
His portrayal of Dilip ‘Choocha’ Singh in the coming-of-age comedy film Fukrey in 2013 and its sequel Fukrey Returns in 2017.
First TV Show
He made his first television show appearance as himself on the talk show Comedy Nights with Kapil in 2015.
Varun Sharma Favorite Things
- Actor – Shah Rukh Khan
- Cricketer – Yuvraj Singh
- Weekend Getaway – Panchgani
- Bollywood Crush – Madhuri Dixit
- Food – Dal Makhni, Paneer Makhni
- Co-Star – Varun Dhawan
Varun Sharma Facts
- After completing his graduation, he traveled to Mumbai and began assisting casting director Nandini Shrikent with the casting process for films like Talaash and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani among others.
- In 2016, he played in the 6th season of the Celebrity Cricket League and was a part of actor Sohail Khan’s team named Mumbai Heroes.
- On March 7, 2018, a video of Varun Sharma and his Fukrey co-star Pulkit Samrat went viral in which they were seen getting into a heated argument. They were both aboard a train compartment and it involved a ticket collector. Fans were left speculating whether it was a publicity gimmick or a real argument and neither cleared the air in the coming days.
- Varun has admitted that he was bitten by the acting bug when he watched Shah Rukh Khan’s film Baazigar as a 6 or 7-year-old kid. He further added that he instantly knew that he wanted to entertain audiences and become an actor.
- He has said that he would have been a pilot if he wasn’t an actor.
- In 2016, Varun took part in the reality show India’s Deadliest Roads, where he drove a truck along the most dangerous roads in India. Mandira Bedi and Sangram Singh were his companions on the show that aired on the History channel.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Varun Sharma / Instagram