|Sangram Singh Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1985|
Sangram Singh is an Indian wrestler, actor, motivational speaker, philanthropist, and health guru who is best known for winning the Commonwealth Heavyweight Championship in both 2015 and 2016. He had also clinched the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2006 Johnie Reitz Big-5 Wrestling Competition (Open Championship) and the 2007 All India Open Wrestling Competition. He has also participated in the reality TV shows Survivor India (2012), Bigg Boss 7 (2013), and Nach Baliye 7 (2015).
Maina, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Wrestler, Actor, Motivational Speaker, Philanthropist, Health Guru
- Father – Umed Singh (Former Soldier in the Indian Army)
- Mother – Ramodevi Singh
- Siblings – He has a brother and a sister.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sangram has dated –
- Payal Rohatgi (2011-Present) – Sangram had started dating Indian actress and reality TV personality Payal Rohatgi in 2011 after they had met on the sets of Survivor India, the Indian version of the Swedish reality TV game show Expedition Robinson. The couple got engaged on February 27, 2014, in a ceremony that was held in Ahmedabad. In March 2022, Sangram had announced that they would be getting married in July 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble or a thick beard
Sangram Singh Facts
- Sangram, for the first 8 years of his life, was confined to a wheelchair as he was suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. He battled the disorder through yoga and naturopathy and had recovered completely by his mid-teens.
- In the late 1990s, he had joined Delhi Police and had won a ‘Bronze’ medal for the organization at the All India Police Games in 2005.
- In April 2015, he and his fiancée Payal Rohatgi had participated in Nach Baliye 7, the 7th edition of the popular competitive dance-based reality TV show Nach Baliye. They were the 5th team to be eliminated in the 13-team competition.
- The couple had also served as the brand ambassadors of New Delhi-based NGO International Human Rights Organisation (IHRO) and were a part of their Aware India for Health and Education campaign.
- In the mid-2010s, Sangram had bought the rights to make a biopic on the life of legendary wrestler K. D. Jadhav who had won the first individual Olympic medal for independent India, in 1952.
- A philanthropist, he has been involved with several charitable organizations across India and is said to have taken up the responsibility of educating more than 150 underprivileged and/or orphaned children. He has also pledged all his organs for donation.
- In March 2016, he had launched his sportswear range SGXbySangramSingh in Delhi at FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India). The same year, a chapter on his life journey had been included in Hindi textbooks for children studying in the 7th grade.
- On International Yoga Day 2016, he had been invited by the Government of India’s AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa, and Homoeopathy) ministry and the NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council) as a guest of honor to motivate youngsters by sharing his life story and talking about the benefits of yoga.
Featured Image by Sangram Singh / Instagram