|Payal Rohatgi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1984|
Payal Rohatgi is an Indian actress and reality TV personality who has acted in Hindi films such as Plan (2004), 36 China Town (2006), Dhol (2007), and Dil Kabaddi (2008). She is better recognized for her work in reality TV shows such as Fear Factor India 2 (2007), Bigg Boss 2 (2008), Survivor India 1 (2012), Nach Baliye 7 (2015), and Lock Upp Season 1 (2022).
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Payal holds a degree in computer engineering.
Actress, Reality TV Personality
- Father – Shashank Rohatgi (Chemical Engineer)
- Mother – Veena Rohatgi (Teacher)
- Siblings – Gaurav Rohatgi (Brother) (Electronics Engineer)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Payal has dated –
- Sangram Singh (2011-Present) – Payal had started dating Indian wrestler, actor, motivational speaker, philanthropist, and health guru Sangram Singh in 2011 after they had met on the sets of Survivor India, the Indian version of the Swedish reality TV game show Expedition Robinson. The couple got engaged on February 27, 2014, in a ceremony that was held in Ahmedabad. In March 2022, Sangram had announced that they would be getting married in July 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Payal has been featured in the TV commercials for the products of several popular brands including –
- Dabur (hair oil)
- Dabur (toothpaste)
- Jaguar (bath panel)
- Cadbury’s Temptations
- Eveready Battery Company, Inc.
- Gitanjali Group (jewellery)
She and her fiancé Sangram Singh had served as the brand ambassadors of New Delhi-based NGO International Human Rights Organisation (IHRO) and were a part of their Aware India for Health and Education campaign.
Payal Rohatgi Facts
- She had started her career as a beauty pageant contestant and had participated in the Femina Miss India pageant in 2000. She later went on to win the Miss India Tourism 2001 and Supermodel Miss Tourism World 2001 titles.
- After this, she had transitioned to modeling and acting and had been featured in numerous TV commercials. She had also acted in several music videos.
- In 2012, she had made s*xual harassment allegations against noted film directors Dibakar Banerjee and Anurag Kashyap.
- In April 2015, she and her fiancé Sangram Singh had participated in Nach Baliye 7, the 7th edition of the popular competitive dance-based reality TV show Nach Baliye. They were the 5th team to be eliminated in the 13-team competition.
- In October 2019, she was embroiled in a major controversy when she had tweeted that Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, was not a legitimate child of Motilal Nehru. She had made a claim that he was born out of an illicit relationship involving Jawaharlal Nehru’s mother Kamala Nehru. She had also alleged that Motilal Nehru had 5 wives.
- This was bound to cause trouble for her and soon enough, some local politicians had filed a police complaint against her for insulting the Nehru family. Payal had then offered a public apology for the hurt that her comments had caused. In mid-December 2019, she had been arrested in this case, in Ahmedabad, but was released after a day in jail.
Featured Image by Payal Rohatgi / Instagram