|Tessa Thompson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tessa Thompson is an American actress, voiceover artist, and producer who made her theatrical film debut in When a Stranger Calls and has since been cast in various movie roles such as Bianca Taylor in Creed, Nyla Adrose in For Colored Girls, Valkyrie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero films Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Endgame, Samantha “Sam” White in Dear White People, Claire in Everyday Black Man, Liz in Exquisite Corpse, Diane Nash in Selma, Jackie Hollis in War on Everyone, Detroit in Sorry to Bother You, and Molly Wright/Agent M in Men in Black: International. Moreover, Tessa is also known for her roles in shows like Westworld, 666 Park Avenue, Copper, Grey’s Anatomy, Veronica Mars, Detroit 1-8-7, Hidden Palms, and BoJack Horseman.
Tessa Lynne Thompson
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tessa studied at Santa Monica High School.
Then, she went to Santa Monica College to study cultural anthropology.
While in school, she participated in a lot of theatre and drama productions and was exposed to acting and singing at a very early age.
Actress, Musician, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Marc Anthony Thompson (Singer, songwriter, and the founder of Chocolate Genius Inc.)
- Siblings – She has a sister.
- Others – Bobby Ramos (Rosendo R. Ramos) (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor, Musician), Barbara Dunnington (Maternal Grandmother)
Tessa Thompson has been signed with –
- Greene & Associates Talent Agency
- Mosaic, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Tessa Thompson has dated –
- Ben Crowley – The two were dating for a short while when Tessa was still struggling. However, they decided to end their relationship amicably.
- Janelle Monáe (2018) – In April 2018, when the music video of PYNK was released by Janelle, the fans considered that they indeed were dating in real life as they looked quite comfortable in the video. Later, in an interview given to Porter magazine, Tessa revealed that she was bisexual and she and Janelle are private persons. Overall, she didn’t accept nor denied the relationship rumors.
- Dev Hynes (previously known as Lightspeed Champion) (2019-Present) – She was linked with English singer, songwriter, record producer, and director Dev Hynes in 2019 and it is speculated that the duo has been romantically involved.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black, Hispanic, and White)
Her father is of Afro-Panamanian descent and her mother is of Mexican and European descent.
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 2006, Tessa appeared in a commercial for US cellular.
Best Known For
For playing Jackie Cook on the TV series Veronica Mars from 2005 to 2006.
As a Singer
In 2014, she sang with the electro band named Caught A Ghost for a song for one of her own films Dear White People. She also served as a music composer and helped in creating tunes for the film.
Tessa played the role of Scarlet in the 2006 remake of the horror film When a Stranger Calls.
First TV Show
Thompson made her first TV show appearance in a 2005 episode of the CBS series Cold Case in the role of a bootlegging lesbian from the 1930s.
Tessa likes doing pop physique and follows a healthy and nutritious diet which reflects on her Instagram posts which include avocado, olive oil, salt and pepper, sunflower rye toast, almonds, yerba mate cranberry synergy kombucha, and half a grapefruit.
Tessa Thompson Favorite Things
- Designer – Rodarte
- Book – My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- Beauty Trick – Using Skyn’s Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels for reducing puffiness and cooling the eyes.
- Getaway – Eleven, a secluded two-room inn on the coast of Bolinas, Calif.
- Music – Her father’s band Chocolate Genius Inc., which reminds her of home.
- Bag – Mifland backpack
- Singer – Prince
Source – InStyle
Tessa Thompson Facts
- She gave her first theatre performance in 2002 in Los Angeles’ Women’s Shakespeare Company’s production of The Tempest. She essayed the role of Juliet in 2003 in the play Romeo and Juliet.
- In 2017, Thompson played Monica Geller in the music video “Moonlight” by Jay-Z.
- She received her first award as the Best Actor for her role in “Mississippi Damned” at the American Black Film Festival in 2009.
- She is a thorough feminist and is very passionate about women’s equality and women’s rights. She is known to embrace and pursue roles that highlight racial problems and celebrate diversity.
- She didn’t plan on becoming an actor. She initially had plans to elope and join the Peace Corps after she graduated from college studying anthropology.
- Alongside Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone, she co-starred as Bianca Taylor, a singer-songwriter, in the sports drama film, Creed, in 2015. For this role, she bagged the Black Reel Award for “Best Supporting Actress” and was also nominated for an NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture” as well as a Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie Actress: Drama”.
- She always had a passion for singing and also played a singer in the movie Creed.
- Tessa is also a dancer and has done a cameo in a music video sung by her friends Janelle Monáe and Jidenna. The song was called Yoga.
- She immerses herself in every character she portrays on screen. She moved to Philadelphia to research, understand, and embrace their culture better for the film Creed.
- Her wardrobe mostly consists of vintage clothes, and she purchases only vintage leather, fur, and suede. She also enjoys buying vintage silks, cotton, and laces.
- As a child, she and her father would explore the hills of Los Angeles together and search for lizards and film their adventures. They called it the Lizard Hunters.
- She prefers and loves to travel alone. She once had a two-week holiday to Paris and even spent two months traveling solo across India.
- She has a subtle tattoo on her right wrist that says “Yes.” It was to celebrate and help her remember the end of an entire year where she learned how to say “no” more often.
- On December 31, 2020, her car was hit by a huge truck while she was on her way to visit a friend. Luckily, she had no harm.
- In February 2021, Tessa revealed that she had her first kiss at the age of 6 with a boy named Floyd in a music video.
Featured Image by Tessa Thompson / Instagram