|Cheryl Burke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cheryl Burke is an American dancer, model, actress, and TV host best known for being one of the professional dancers on ABC’s dance competition series Dancing with the Stars. She also became the first female professional on Dancing with the Stars to win the show and the first professional to win it twice and consecutively. In 2015, she appeared on the first season of I Can Do That and wrapped up her journey after getting placed 2nd, losing to Nicole Scherzinger on the final three-person-super-group performance. Later, in the year 2017, she replaced Abby Lee Miller on Dance Moms.
Cheryl Stephanie Burke
San Francisco, California, United States
Burke went Menlo-Atherton High School and graduated in 2002.
Professional Dancer, Model, TV Host, Actress
- Father – Stephen L. Burke
- Mother – Rosario Charito (Bautista)
- Siblings – Nicole (Sister), Mandy (Stepsister)
- Others – Braulio Ramos Bautista (Maternal Grandfather), Rosario Ferinion Carrasco (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Burke has dated –
- Drew Lachey – In September 2007, Burke dated American singer and 98 Degrees member, Drew Lachey.
- Nick Lachey (2006) – In 2006, Burke was RUMORed to be dating Nick, a member of 98 Degrees and sibling of Drew Lachey.
- Matthew Lawrence (2007-2008, 2017-Present) – Matt, the American actor, started his relationship with Cheryl in January 2007. He is the brother of season 3 contestant “Joey Lawrence” and was introduced by Joey at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. It was confirmed by People magazine. However, this relationship also saw an end in February 2008. They again started dating in 2017 and on May 3, 2018, Matthew proposed to Cheryl and they got engaged. It was Cheryl’s 34th birthday. She married Matthew on May 23, 2019.
- Maxwell Zagorski (2008-2010) – This American model commenced dating Maxwell in December 2008 and dated him for over a year and ended the relationship in January 2010 just because they lived across the country.
- Chad Ochocinco (2010) – The season 10 dance partner in DWTS Chad had dated her for some time in 2010. He is a football player, by profession. He is now known by his name, Chad Javon Johnson.
- Joffrey Lupul (2012) – During June 2012, Joffrey and Burke started dating. Joffrey is a Canadian Ice Hockey player. Now, they have separated.
- Josh Hopkins (2014) – Cheryl was in a relationship with actor Josh Hopkins in 2014. They separated in July 2014.
- J.T. Torregiani (2014-2015)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Her father is of Irish and Russian descent while her mother is Filipino.
Due to her Asian and Irish ancestry, she has different looks. Thus, making her distinct.
35-27-36 in or 89-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
imPRESS Press-On Manicure (2013)
Best Known For
Being one of the professional dancers. She has won season 2 and season 3 of the TV show “Dancing With The Stars” and has become the first woman professional to win the show. Cheryl is also the first professional to win the show twice and that too consecutively.
First TV Show
She debuted with “Dancing With The Stars” in February 2006 via season 2, which she won. She was partnered with Drew Lachey.
She tries to make sure her metabolism is burning throughout the day. She likes to do cross-training and Plyometrics (to make the muscles exert maximum pressure in a limited time). She has a personal trainer with whom she does exercises three times a week. On other days, she just treadmills her way to fitness.
Regarding diet, she eats three regular small meals and two times snacks. She believes that this kind of diet is right for a dancer like her and snacks keep her full of energy when she gets tired.
Cheryl Burke Favorite Things
- Food – Italian
- Singer – Drew Lachey
- Color – Red
Source – TV.com
Cheryl Burke Facts
- Her family has a dance floor at home.
- Cheryl started taking ballet lessons at age 4.
- Her family dances at home as a form of amusement.
- After taking ballet lessons, she switched to ballroom dancing.
- She had released her autobiography “Dancing Lessons” in 2011.
- In April 2008, she opened her first dance studio.
- Burke has her own sportswear line, which she created in 2009.
- Cheryl raised money by doing promotions for companies like Sargento Cheese, Depende Silhouette briefs, and Impress Nails.
- In 2007, during the 7th Annual Filipino/American Library Gala, she won the Role Model Award.
- She has been friends with Leah Remini.
- In 2008, she had also become the favorite TV personality by winning the Asian Excellence’s Viewer’s Choice Award.
- She has done a guest appearance in the TV series “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody” in an episode titled “Loosely Ballroom”.
- In her autobiography titled Dancing Lessons, she revealed that she was molested by a handyman helping her family when she was 5 years old and her sister was also abused by the same man. At 6, she testified against the man, later identified as Gerry Depaula, who was sentenced to 24 years in prison from which he was released in 2008.
- She had judged for the Miss American Pageant.
- Cheryl suffers from tendonitis.
- In 2012, she received the key to the city of San Francisco, her hometown, by the mayor.
- She appeared in an episode titled Chapter Fifty-Four of the romantic comedy-drama and satirical telenovela, Jane the Virgin, in February 2017.
- In September 2021, during season 30 of Dancing with the Stars, Cheryl was partnered with Cody Rigsby.
- In September 2021, it was revealed that Cheryl had been tested positive for COVID-19, despite being “fully vaccinated” with the Moderna vaccine.
- In October 2021, Cheryl and his partner Cody became the first Dancing with the Stars contestants to ever perform their dance from home after they were tested positive for COVID-19.